Damon part II: Ellsbury close to a deal with the Yankees

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Damon part II: Ellsbury close to a deal with the Yankees

Pete Abraham ‏@PeteAbe 3m

@JonHeymanCBS: Ellsbury and Yankees appear to be closing in on 7-year deal. http://cbsprt.co/1cXnbQa 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: Damon part II: Ellsbury close to a deal with the Yankees

Pete Abraham ‏@PeteAbe 3m

Ellsbury played it just like Papelbon. Turned down every extension offer the #RedSox made, became a free agent and took the biggest deal.

Pete Abraham ‏@PeteAbe

20s

Cue angry #RedSox fans blaming Scott Boras for Ellsbury deciding to hire him as an agent.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]Pete Abraham ‏@PeteAbe 3m

@JonHeymanCBS: Ellsbury and Yankees appear to be closing in on 7-year deal. http://cbsprt.co/1cXnbQa 

[/QUOTE]

Well we have Jackie Bradley Jr most of us will get our wish right? I think the yanks are crazy  though. They have no pitching Or closer.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Mark Feinsand ‏@FeinsandNYDN 24s

The Yankees' deal with Ellsbury is done, pending a physical. I'm told the contract is bigger than Crawford's 7 year/$142M deal.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to stinkman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]Pete Abraham ‏@PeteAbe 3m

[/QUOTE]

Well we have Jackie Bradley Jr most of us will get our wish right? I think the yanks are crazy  though. They have no pitching Or closer.

[/QUOTE]

Both Cano and Ellsbury??

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Gardner?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Not at all surprising. The Yankees will try to spend their way back to the top. That is the only way they know. They have done it forever.  And despite what  the naysayers on here may think , it works.  It has worked many, many times for them.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

We'll adjust....that's what we do now.....and it works

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

7/150 is insane? What will Ben do next . I would have paid him but not that. This crazy but not surprised. When Scott Boras  is the agent it always ends like this. Believe me nothing good comes out like this.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Silver lining:

Pete Abraham ‏@PeteAbe 5m

#RedSox would get a supplemental 1st round pick for Ellsbury. Yankees lose their pick.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

7/150?.....lol.....Cano must be livid

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Gardner?

[/QUOTE] likely want to keep Gardner in LF.....i think Ellsbury can do well here...knows the rivalry, knows the market(attention wise)...the heat from media isn't far different than in Beantown...staying in the division helps..... 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Iceman4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Gardner?

[/QUOTE] likely want to keep Gardner in LF.....i think Ellsbury can do well here...knows the rivalry, knows the market(attention wise)...the heat from media isn't far different than in Beantown...staying in the division helps..... 

[/QUOTE]

Hope he is what you expect Jete....not sold on 7/150 for him

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Money talks for sure.  Jake is about the money.  I guess most players are, but not all; see Pedroia, Jared Weaver for two.  To go to the Yankees really sucks.  I don't know if he will be booed when he returns to Fenway but he sure as heck won't be cheered.  He is dead to me now.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

[QUOTE]

Silver lining:

Pete Abraham ‏@PeteAbe 5m

#RedSox would get a supplemental 1st round pick for Ellsbury. Yankees lose their pick.

[/QUOTE]

I would have never paid him that. But there is no upside to this. Jackie Bradley Jr has showed me nothing at the MLB level. I hope I'm wrong. Don't want to hear about AB's Xander B is a player and he only played for two months. I just dislike the Yankees it would have been easy if he went to Seattle.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

The Yankees are going to be tied up and they still haven't addressed their pitching needs

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

uh oh...Softy better take care of those delinquent fan club dues before the ink dries...Tongue Out

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

i want to throw up

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

It is a borderline disaster.

Signing with the yankees puts Ellsbury on the all-time dirt bag list.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bigpapa1977. Show Bigpapa1977's posts

Well, I am glad that the Sox did not sign him for $150 MM

http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/_/id/10075982/jacoby-ellsbury-new-york-yankees-agree-contract

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

I would really be mad about him going to the Yankees but I am going to bask in the glow of Sox being WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

If the Yanks lose Cano and gain Ells as the compensation package, that is a net loss of 1.5 wins next year.  If they can somehow keep Cano as well as picking up Ells, then we are starting to see a team that could be very good again. 

I do like the draft pick we will get from the Yanks on the year when they have the best draft position that they have had since the early 90s.

That said... there will be an addition by subtraction here.  The Yanks directly purchased a couple of wins from us as we will have to wait years before Bradley starts to outperform Ells.  We took a hit in wins in exchange for a draft pick and salary relief.  I don't think this will surprise anyone.

It also adds in a new knife twist between the fans in the Bronx and Sox fans.  We have been lacking some fire and genuine hatred between the teams in recent years...lol.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It is a borderline disaster.

Signing with the yankees puts Ellsbury on the all-time dirt bag list.

[/QUOTE]

Him and Scott Boras but we already knew tat about him.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Now the yankee fans will tell u what a great addition ellsbury is to the Yankees lmao.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

In response to RedSoxDOrtiz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If the Yanks lose Cano and gain Ells as the compensation package, that is a net loss of 1.5 wins next year.  If they can somehow keep Cano as well as picking up Ells, then we are starting to see a team that could be very good again. 

I do like the draft pick we will get from the Yanks on the year when they have the best draft position that they have had since the early 90s.

That said... there will be an addition by subtraction here.  The Yanks directly purchased a couple of wins from us as we will have to wait years before Bradley starts to outperform Ells.  We took a hit in wins in exchange for a draft pick and salary relief.  I don't think this will surprise anyone.

It also adds in a new knife twist between the fans in the Bronx and Sox fans.  We have been lacking some fire and genuine hatred between the teams in recent years...lol.

[/QUOTE]

Sox do not get Yankees pick.  Its just a supplemental pick after the first round.  Also, Yankees still need pitching.  That wins.

Sections
Shortcuts