Damon part II: Ellsbury close to a deal with the Yankees

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: Damon part II: Ellsbury close to a deal with the Yankees

Pete Abraham ‏@PeteAbe 2m

The #RedSox negotiated with Ellsbury after the season. But they were not in that neighborhood.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Et tu,Jacoby?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

There is no way to spin this as "no big deal"

It's a big deal.  Regardlesss of the money - the sox now have a huge hole in OF and the Yankees now have a great CF.

Remember when sox tried to sign Bernie williams?  It never happens that way.  It's a one way street from Boston to NYY

[/QUOTE]

Well said, 100 percent correct. Luchinno and Ben jerked him around and the Red Sox have made a lot of money this year. This team over achieved this year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to AL34's comment:

In response to J-BAY's comment:

Pete Abraham ‏@PeteAbe 3m

Ellsbury played it just like Papelbon. Turned down every extension offer the #RedSox made, became a free agent and took the biggest deal.

Pete Abraham ‏@PeteAbe

20s

Cue angry #RedSox fans blaming Scott Boras for Ellsbury deciding to hire him as an agent.

Sorry JBay I knew this was going to happen. Ben and Luchinno were cheap on this one, bad move as bad as Damon in 2006.

Cheap?? Hate to see him go, especially to NY, but no way I would want them to sign him to that contract, AL.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]

Dont be fooled they are going to sign Cano as well, don't ever trust Cashman or no chin when he talks about saving money for the luxury tax. Unreal.

[/QUOTE]

I would not be at all surprised if they sign both Cano and Tanaka. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Nothing to like about this, but it is easy to understand. The Yankees way is always to spend the money to get to the top. They have 27 championships to show for it, so one cannot say that it doesn't work. As for Ellsbury, how can he turn down 153 million? Anyone would be crazy to turn that down. We may not like it , but it is a fact of life in baseball today.

[/QUOTE]

Agree but he 's still a dirt bag lol

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Think Sox had a chance to counteroffer?

[/QUOTE]

Not with Luchinno at the controls, no way.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to stinkman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Nothing to like about this, but it is easy to understand. The Yankees way is always to spend the money to get to the top. They have 27 championships to show for it, so one cannot say that it doesn't work. As for Ellsbury, how can he turn down 153 million? Anyone would be crazy to turn that down. We may not like it , but it is a fact of life in baseball today.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Give me 153 million , and you can call me anything you want.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

The Yankee minor league system is overhyped and their younger players are not great. Monterro the overhyped rookie catcher cannot make it out of the minor leagues.  They have to spend big. Brett Gardner is a joke and now they can dump him as well.  They have to retool Jeter is done, Teixeira is coming back from a major injury and Granderson is gone.

The problem with us is that Bradley is not theat good and needs more minor league time.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

It's a big deal.  Regardlesss of the money - the sox now have a huge hole in OF and the Yankees now have a great CF.

Remember when sox tried to sign Bernie williams?  It never happens that way.  It's a one way street from Boston to NYY

[/QUOTE]

Well said, 100 percent correct. Luchinno and Ben jerked him around and the Red Sox have made a lot of money this year. This team over achieved this year.

[/QUOTE]

Are you serious--they offered him the same money as Pedroia--you are telling me you would have paid him $153 M --seriously--and they jerked him around --come back down to earth and read what the rest of Red Sox Nation is saying---you are on an island that is floating out to sea.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb24. Show isurfvb24's posts

if Crawford could get 142 mill from the sox ells could of got 153 mill, just sayin

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

The Yankees probably have a good idea that A-Rod will not be back, thereby freeing up a lot of money.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I know.. We all took the bait . Like you said .Cashman lays in the weeds says stuff about luxury tax then swoops in. I would go after choo, but they are invested in Bradley.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Are you serious--they offered him the same money as Pedroia--you are telling me you would have paid him $153 M --seriously--and they jerked him around --come back down to earth and read what the rest of Red Sox Nation is saying---you are on an island that is floating out to sea.

[/QUOTE]

He is a better player than Pedroia, smell the coffee and was worth a lot more. Now we have a hole in Centerfield, no leadoff hitter. This is not good and it weakened us tremendously but we did get AJ. Great move Ben. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

2 issues 

RS must face him 19 times per year for 7 years RS fans will hate it every time he gets up

NYY must pay him 20 mil + for 7 years or to age 37 RS fans will love it in 4 or 5 years laughing every time he gets up. 

IMHO NYY should have signed Cano first. Cano's price just went to 25+ mil per year for 8 years

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I know.. We all took the bait . Like you said .Cashman lays in the weeds says stuff about luxury tax then swoops in. I would go after choo, but they are invested in Bradley.

[/QUOTE]

Bradley is overrated

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Pete Abraham ‏@PeteAbe 4m

Ellsbury had 32 home runs in 2011. He has 13 in 880 at-bats since. #redsox #yankees

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Pete Abraham ‏@PeteAbe 3m

Ellsbury played it just like Papelbon. Turned down every extension offer the #RedSox made, became a free agent and took the biggest deal.

Pete Abraham ‏@PeteAbe

20s

Cue angry #RedSox fans blaming Scott Boras for Ellsbury deciding to hire him as an agent.

[/QUOTE]

Sorry JBay I knew this was going to happen. Ben and Luchinno were cheap on this one, bad move as bad as Damon in 2006.

[/QUOTE]

Cheap? Hardly.  They were smart.  For 153 million a guy better hit 40 HRS and drive in 130 runs every year.  Ells is not that guy.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

As far as I know, John Henry has as much, or more , money as does Steinbrenner.  But I think it is wonderful that we have so many posters trying to save him money . I am sure he deeply appreciates it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

I knew he wasn't coming back, but you can't tell me his heart was in it for the Sox if this is the case. The only reason the Yanks would pay him that much is if they were in a bidding war against other teams, likely worth 1M per year less in other offers. He took this one, because having 153 million for the rest of your life is way different than 145.

Screw Jacoby. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb24. Show isurfvb24's posts

[QUOTE]Pete Abraham ‏@PeteAbe 4m

Ellsbury had 32 home runs in 2011. He has 13 in 880 at-bats since. #redsox #yankees

[/QUOTE]

He could double that 13 in Yankees stadium

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

"Give me 153 million , and you can call me anything you want."

Jakoff Boosbury

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

In response to isurfvb24's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]Pete Abraham ‏@PeteAbe 4m

[/QUOTE]

He could double that 13 in Yankees stadium

[/QUOTE]

Amazing how the Donkee fans kept on saying he's nothing special now he's Babe freaking Ruth