Dan Wheeler needs too add to his growing ledgend!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Dan Wheeler needs too add to his growing ledgend!

After last night Dan Wheeler became the relief pitcher with the second most closings for the Sox this year,with that he needs to request two things from the sox 1) he needs to enter to a song and I nominate Bobby McGee or Roll on 18 Wheeler 2) he needs too change his number to 18. This might also help rid the Sox of DiceK..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Re: Dan Wheeler needs too add to his growing ledgend!

I really don't think Wheeler will choose 'Me and Bobby McGee' as his signature song, because basically it's a love song.

'Sixteen Tons' might be more appropriate. Not that he's fat or anything, but it's about haulin' freight in big trucks.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In Response to Re: Dan Wheeler needs too add to his growing ledgend!:
    [QUOTE]I really don't think Wheeler will choose 'Me and Bobby McGee' as his signature song, because basically it's a love song. 'Sixteen Tons' might be more appropriate. Not that he's fat or anything, but it's about haulin' freight in big trucks.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]I was referring to the fact Bobby was a deisel Dan! But hey I also included Roll on 18 wheeler which truly fits.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

one of the things that I love about wheeler is when he's into the stretch, the thing he does with his glove has to have a distracting effect on oposing hitters wouldn't you think?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]I really don't think Wheeler will choose 'Me and Bobby McGee' as his signature song, because basically it's a love song. 'Sixteen Tons' might be more appropriate. Not that he's fat or anything, but it's about haulin' freight in big trucks.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]
    "Sixteen Tons" is about the misery of working in coal mines with no way out and not much of a future and not takin' no s#!t from no SOB. There isn't one word about trucks.

Great song, though.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from theYAZZER. Show theYAZZER's posts

save the "16 tons" song for JENKS.

based on the number of fires wheeler's started on the mound, how about "this wheel's on fire."?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

That is a unique way of misspelling legend.  Aside from that, Wheeler has performed well since coming off the D.L. and he deserves some innings with a little on the line rather than mop up duty.  Albers can use a break based on his past performances recently.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

Wheeler was a good value middle pen pick-up, despite poor start and brief DL. He throws strikes and has good control. Jenks was the obvious idiotic FA signing from Theo, and I said so before it happened.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

[QUOTE]That is a unique way of misspelling legend.  Aside from that, Wheeler has performed well since coming off the D.L. and he deserves some innings with a little on the line rather than mop up duty.  Albers can use a break based on his past performances recently.
    Posted by splendidsplinterteddyballgame[/QUOTE]

Tito it seems has little faith in him, I too think he should get more chances with game in the balance.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from boboinfla. Show boboinfla's posts

Bobby Jenks was totally dissed by Ozzie G. of the pale hose. A good manager knows when he unloads a stiff. Wheeler had a decent year for the Tampa Bay (no fans) last year. He is of more use than Albers or Morales. Rays can't even get 15 k for a weekday game and they have a solid team. Wheeler should get more innings.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I always took the line "you load sixteen tons and what do you get?"....to be about loading big rigs with freight...or any other kind if blue collar work.
    Perhaps I was wrong about that, but it is still a better theme song for a ballplayer than "Me and Bobby McGee."

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

How about "Brother Trucker," or "Six Days on the Road?"

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]Wheeler was a good valuemiddle pen pick-up, despite poor start and brief DL. He throws strikes and has good control. Jenks was the obvious idiotic FA signing from Theo, and I said so before it happened.
    Posted by S0ftl@w[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah. Wonderful value. 3 mil for janitorial service.
    Wheeler in high leverage situations:
    .455 OPP BA. 1.448 OPP OPS

GM Softone strikes again.
    Maybe Hall can come out of retirement to pitch...for less.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]I always took the line "you load sixteen tons and what do you get?"....to be about loading big rigs with freight...or any other kind if blue collar work. Perhaps I was wrong about that, but it is still a better theme song for a ballplayer than "Me and Bobby McGee."
    I agree. "Me and Bobbie McGee" is a love song. "Sixteen Tons" is a blue collar anthem, one of my favorites to sing while I'm working. I love it because it pisses the bosses off.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]How about "Brother Trucker," or "Six Days on the Road?"
    Posted by parhunter1[/QUOTE]

Perhaps this one's more prophetic:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSHtKjdWzbw&feature=related

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

Wheeler has been quite good in numerous "high leverage" situations. RISP 2 outs, late and close. Quite good for a middle pen guy. Contrast that to Harness applauding the 2 year Jenks contract. Jenks is performing well in low leverage situations watching TV with Harnut.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigpanther98. Show bigpanther98's posts

Wow, you guys value Wheeler a lot. He is a typical relief pitcher cut from the same cloth as Mike Timlin in his later years. Wheeler has no fastball and so relies on placement and some movement, and even that has waned. He is one of those guys who has stretches of success followed by getting bombed. He has had seasons like that too. One season very good, the next very bad. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]Wheeler has been quite good in numerous "high leverage" situations. RISP 2 outs, late and close. Quite good for a middle pen guy. Contrast that to Harness applauding the 2 year Jenks contract. Jenks is performing well in low leverage situations watching TV with Harnut.

Never applauded Jenks. Nor Wheeler. I applauded how Theo balanced his BP portfolio with "dumpster dives" Aceves & Albers. In this regard, I applaud the one you call "Inepstein".

Wheeler is awful this year in high-leverage situations. Source: Baseball ref.com.
    Try researching before fabricating.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

You didn't research, and fail to provide any details. Wheeler has been quite good in RISP 2 outs and late and close. But, his role is middle pen, not setup or close.

You most certainly did applaud Jenks, and also disapproved of Aceves. Dumpster dives for middle and lower pen arms is routine. But Aviles isn't the answer to an everyday slugging RH OF long term position player.

Harness, you aren't very smart, but you do have a NYT endorsement and a lot idle time to fool a few dimwits.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]You didn't research, and fail to provide any details. Wheeler has been quite good in RISP 2 outs and late and close. But, his role is middle pen, not setup or close. You most certainly did applaud Jenks, and also disapproved of Aceves. Dumpster dives for middle and lower pen arms is routine. But Aviles isn't the answer to an everyday slugging RH OF long term position player. Harness, you aren't very smart, but you do have a NYT endorsement and a lot idle time to fool a few dimwits.

I already posted Wheelers OPS against and OPP BA in high level situations.
    RISP in garbage detail means little. Wheeler was signed for 6th/7th inning duty, not mop-up.

I never applauded Jenks signing. Prove me wrong. My posts don't get banned.
    I wasn't even posting here when Jenks was signed. I said, after his first DL, that Jenks has the potential to show some upside if he can stay healthy.

I also never disapproved of Aceves, beyond using him in a starter role.
    You were the one who wanted him to start over Wake, thus limiting the pen.
    You've been bashing Jake and Wake religiously, while supporting CAM and Hall. Softlaw isn't very bright.

Cue the bigotry accusations...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

high leverage is akin to BA.

You did applaud Jenks, saying he was the best available pen arm for middle pen. Middle pen is 6 and 7.

Wake was pouting about his role while Aceves was forced to wait in AAA during the terrible start.

YOu admit not supporting two black former Red Sox players.

Don't use religion in a pejorative way. Ellsbury is being adored while the dog is Agon and the tail is Ellsbury.

You support popular opinion, which is why you are endorsed by NYT />

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Personally I think Wheeler should come in to the greatest trucking song ever written. Plus the guy that wrote it is from Maine, deep in the heart of Red Sox country
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MF12F0AveHg&feature=related

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]high leverage is akin to BA. You did applaud Jenks, saying he was the best available pen arm for middle pen. Middle pen is 6 and 7. Wake was pouting about his role while Aceves was forced to wait in AAA during the terrible start. YOu admit not supporting two black former Red Sox players. Don't use religion in a pejorative way. Ellsbury is being adored while the dog is Agon and the tail is Ellsbury. You support popular opinion, which is why you are endorsed by NYT />

UR a riot. NYT doesn't know or care about my exsistance. Stop trying to label me.
    Bigotry is UR playground. Not mine. "Good ole boy" is UR trademark accusation.

ACEVES has made a living in AAA. 7+ years. Don't blame that on Wake.

Why would I say "best arm available" with Jenks? I don't play board GM like you do. I wasn't even aware of who was available at the time. I don't usually post during the winter. I thought the Jenks signing was a credible piece of the puzzle Theo was trying to put together. I didn't condone it or condem it. Same as Wheeler. Jenks was less of a gamble than Salty. Even with the sunk cost.

If Theo was banking on Jenks, he wouldn't have signed Wheeler or pot luck with others. It's easy to blame the FO for high-priced mistakes. But cowardly not to give them credit for vision with low-cost pick-ups like Albers.

Or should I remind you of how Wake is cleaning up Dice's mess?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

UR a riot. NYT doesn't know or care about my exsistance. Stop trying to label me.
    Bigotry is UR playground. Not mine

If you posted anything resembling a different viewpoint than NYT approved, you would become exactly what you claim is the bigotry you project. 

Tell us about all the intimate desegregated actions of your idle life of half a century. You only pretend to embrace PC because it's popular and in power. If life was fair, you would be in a jail cell.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]UR a riot. NYT doesn't know or care about my exsistance . Stop trying to label me. Bigotry is UR playground. Not mine If you posted anything resembling a different viewpoint than NYT approved, you would become exactly what you claim is the bigotry you project.  Tell us about all the intimate desegregated actions of your idle life of half a century. You only pretend to embrace PC because it's popular and in power. If life was fair, you would be in a jail cell.

If life was fair, you wouldn't be posting here after several bans, or even allowed in public. I congratulate you on shifting this into UR religious right sector. Talk about segregating...
    You confuse popularity with lack of creativity. My life has been lived straying from what's perceived as popular, or conventional. 

You, OTOH, are banned with regularity on a public forum due to improper communication skills. There's an accepted level of interaction you choose to ignore. So you label it as 'towing the company line' instead of acknowledging the actualities.

Reminds me of that nutcase poster who blamed Josh Hamilton for that guy's unfortunate death. He too thought along the same lines...that his position was "unpopular". And he tried, like you, to make himself out to be a martyr figure with the board all against him. You two deserve each other.