Dana Demuth

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dabro. Show Dabro's posts

Dana Demuth

Choked the team all night with the strike zone.  Gave every low call to every cards pitcher and none to the sox.  On the last play, he waited until the bitter end to call Craig safe at home and when it was clear that he could not, he switched to obstruction

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Re: Dana Demuth

3rd base ump called obstruction....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

But yes, his strike zone was terribly one sided.  Some of the calls to our LH batters were so far outside they boarded on comical.  And when I also think about his botched call at 2B, I can't help but wonder if the fix is in.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't think Demuth was behind the plate. Was he?

[/QUOTE]

Yes, he was.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dabro. Show Dabro's posts

Craig is so far inside the baseline it cant be obstruction.  he had many clear paths to home and turned inward three steps.  he induced obstruction by literally running towards the fielder.  he turned way way inward for no apparent reason.  it was a circuitous route to home plate

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from roggdd23. Show roggdd23's posts

In response to joel49's comment:
    [QUOTE]

But yes, his strike zone was terribly one sided.  Some of the calls to our LH batters were so far outside they boarded on comical.  And when I also think about his botched call at 2B, I can't help but wonder if the fix is in.

[/QUOTE]

Absolutely agree.  He was horrible behind the plate.  He hosed Doubront on about three straight pitches and Sox pitchers, unlike the Cards, couldn't get a low strike.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Doubrant threw 2 pitches that should have been called strike 3's against Holliday, pitches that were called on Red Sox hitters all night.  Ellsbury was having strikes called against him on pitches that were 4 inches off the plate.

Also, Beltran made no effort to avoid the pitch that grazed his armor.  By the rule book, he should not have been awarded 1st base. 

Rule 6.08 deals with the batter being awarded first base. I've started at 6.08(b). The hitter is awarded first base if...

(b) He is touched by a pitched ball which he is not attempting to hit unless
    (1) The ball is in the strike zone when it touches the batter, or
    (2) The batter makes no attempt to avoid being touched by the ball;

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaysofYaz. Show DaysofYaz's posts

In response to Dabro's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Craig is so far inside the baseline it cant be obstruction.  he had many clear paths to home and turned inward three steps.  he induced obstruction by literally running towards the fielder.  he turned way way inward for no apparent reason.  it was a circuitous route to home plate

[/QUOTE]

Exactly the way I see it

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaysofYaz. Show DaysofYaz's posts

This world series is starting to remind me of basketball with so many questionable calls its easy to start thinking that the fix is in. I'm not saying it is but it sure seems odd.