Daniel Nava Is Getting a Raw Deal because the Red Sox are Winning in Spite of HIs Lack of Production

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: Daniel Nava Is Getting a Raw Deal because the Red Sox are Winning in Spite of HIs Lack of Production

In response to The4040club's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

I might put Middlebrooks back in for one game, put Xander at short, and Nava in left.... Game Three that is

[/QUOTE]

Xander going to short is never going to happen.  Drew is in for the duration. 

[/QUOTE]

He will play 1 game at SS this series. (IMO)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Re: Daniel Nava Is Getting a Raw Deal because the Red Sox are Winning in Spite of HIs Lack of Production

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Throw your stats out, the Sox are winning and are not going to rock that boat just yet. Gomes is in.

Nava is a big boy and although we know he wants to be in there, this is the way it goes sometimes. Hes a pro and certaily wont stir the pot. Hey, its Better than playing in the independent league.

[/QUOTE]

southpaw777- Do you still want Gomes out there? Do you now realize that him being in the lineup has been irrelevant. The stats don't lie.

What about you pinstripezac35, posting your Gomes 7-0 record? Still think he should be on the lineup card? Do you see something with Gomes and right handed pitchers that makes you believe he will succeed?

royf19 - How about you? Keep want to trot Gomes out there?

Last night's game should prove what moon, Hugh and I have been saying in this thread. Gomes being out there in winning games was a coincidence. No more that any of you wearing your lucky sweatshirt.

He cost the Red Sox at bat and if his throw was decent and on line, Salty isn't missing it to the first base side and Breslow isn't throwing it into the stands.

As much as you can argue the Sox were winning because Gomes was in the lineup, you can argue his throw to the plate yesterday cost the Sox the game. If it was a decent throw, Salty throws the guy out at 3rd.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Last night's game should prove what moon, Hugh and I have been saying in this thread. Gomes being out there in winning games was a coincidence. No more that any of you wearing your lucky sweatshirt.

He cost the Red Sox at bat and if his throw was decent and on line, Salty isn't missing it to the first base side and Breslow isn't throwing it into the stands.

As much as you can argue the Sox were winning because Gomes was in the lineup, you can argue his throw to the plate yesterday cost the Sox the game. If it was a decent throw, Salty throws the guy out at 3rd.

I'm not blaming last night's loss on Gomes, and this shouldn't be about any one game sample size, but Nava is the right choice vs RHPs and almost always should be and have been.

Fangraph's had an article where John said Nava would play LF in the more spacious STL left field.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm not blaming last night's loss on Gomes, and this shouldn't be about any one game sample size, but Nava is the right choice vs RHPs and almost always should be and have been.

Fangraph's had an article where John said Nava would play LF in the more spacious STL left field.

[/QUOTE]

Sarcasm given that he was the lucky charm for the victories.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eddymon. Show Eddymon's posts

With Victorino's struggle at the plate (exception of GS), I would move Nava to 2nd in the lineup and Shane to either 5th or 6th.

What I would do in game 3

Ellsbury

Nava

Pedroia

Ortiz

Bogey

Victorino

Middlebrooks

Ross

Peavy

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to Eddymon's comment:
    [QUOTE]

With Victorino's struggle at the plate (exception of GS), I would move Nava to 2nd in the lineup and Shane to either 5th or 6th.

Ellsbury

Nava

Pedroia

Ortiz

Bogey

Victorino

Middlebrooks

Ross

Peavy

[/QUOTE]

Last time someone suggested moving SV down, he cranked a granny.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eddymon. Show Eddymon's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Ellsbury

Nava

Pedroia

Ortiz

Bogey

Victorino

Middlebrooks

Ross

Peavy

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think that was me too.Laughing

But other than that he has looked lost up there and I always thought he was a guy who didn't strike out much either.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

[QUOTE]

Ellsbury

Nava

Pedroia

Ortiz

Bogey

Victorino

Middlebrooks

Ross

Peavy

[/QUOTE]

I dont like Nava following Ells.....at some point they will bring in a left to face Ells and then you lose Nava to a PH.ot the c....unlike some others I think it is easier for Vic to break out of his slump because he can do it with his legs as well as crank one....not the case for Salty or even Drew.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Ellsbury

Nava

Pedroia

Ortiz

Bogey

Victorino

Middlebrooks

Ross

Peavy

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think that was me too.Laughing

But other than that he has looked lost up there and I always thought he was a guy who didn't strike out much either.

[/QUOTE]

His injury forced him to give up switch hittng for the time being, so that might be part of his recent struggles, or the chance that pitchers have learned to pitch to the new "sided" SV.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Anyone here think Gomes should have started today?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]

Anyone here think Gomes should have started today?

[/QUOTE]

Nava should have been in the line-up in game 2, if not for all 3 games. After tonight, he will play the rest of the series.  It meant nothing in the end, but if the call isn't blown, he gets credit for a great play throwing out Craig at the plate, to go along with his 2 RBI night. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Agreed,

Nava should have played vs almost all the RH'd starters.

Is anyone thinking Gomes should start even one more game? (We face only RH'd starters the rest of the way.)

Nava got robbed of another hit once maybe twice as well.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]

Agreed,

Is anyone thinking Gomes should start even one more game? (We face only RH'd starters the rest of the way.)

[/QUOTE]

I felt like McCarver and Buck made way too big a deal out of the play the 2B made on Nava's ball in the 8th that drove in the 3rd run.  It was a nice play but a play that should be made.  If they had turned a DP out of it, that would have been something.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to Thesemenarecowards' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Agreed,

[/QUOTE]

I felt like McCarver and Buck made way too big a deal out of the play the 2B made on Nava's ball in the 8th that drove in the 3rd run.  It was a nice play but a play that should be made.  If they had turned a DP out of it, that would have been something.

[/QUOTE]

It could have easily been a hit, but I get your point.

I think Nava had the other hard hit that Carpenter dove and robbed him by throwing him out from his knees.

The point is, Nava is hitting the ball better vs RHPs than Gomes: always has, still is, and is more likely to going forward.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Agreed,

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think Nava had the other hard hit that Carpenter dove and robbed him by throwing him out from his knees.

The point is, Nava is hitting the ball better vs RHPs than Gomes: always has, still is, and is more likely to going forward.

[/QUOTE]

Nava over Gomes vs. RHP is and has been a no brainer for me.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Agreed,

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Nava's first at bat was the ball that Carpenter robbed him on. He then struck out, singled, and then got an RBI.  

But moon, based on posters here and Farrell's good luck charm, the Sox lost and Nava started. Maybe he'll read it that way.......

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[/QUOTE]

Nava's first at bat was the ball that Carpenter robbed him on. He then struck out, singled, and then got an RBI.  

But moon, based on posters here and Farrell's good luck charm, the Sox lost and Nava started. Maybe he'll read it that way.......

Farrell planned on playing Nava in the spacious STL outfield. Hopefully, after Nava proves himself once again, he'll realize he should play back in Boston as well.

Sections
Shortcuts