Dare I say it, Time For Aceves in Rotation ?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

Dare I say it, Time For Aceves in Rotation ?

Pending news regarding health of Buchholz and Lester, just a thought. NEVER thought I'd even be considering it, but has Aceves now demonstrated sufficient consistency and reliability to start regularly ?

Even if Clay B. steps back into regular slot, we could D.L. Lester for a couple turns through; get him some rest / recuperation / brainwashing on less use of cutter.

Assuming that it's not the uncertainty of role / intermittent stays in M.L. serving to keep Ace at his best, maybe he's earned a long serious look ?

Especially as Webster still inconsistent with control , and Rubby only five inning-capable, not to mention 5 walks in most recent outing ( albeit only ONE hit ). Heck, in Pawtucket right now, Workman looks most trustworthy and he's only 2 or 3 starts out of AA.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: Dare I say it, Time For Aceves in Rotation ?

Definitely a possibility.  3 pretty good starts in a row.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

He definitely has been better than Doubront. I would say if Doubront doesn't perform tonight, you make up some injury for Doubront and let Aceves start.

He's too inefficient.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to ADG's comment:

He definitely has been better than Doubront. I would say if Doubront doesn't perform tonight, you make up some injury for Doubront and let Aceves start.

He's too inefficient.

Agreed, but hopefully he can improve on that tonight.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

Right now I'm much more concerned about Lester's recent performance than Doubront.  He just seems overly reliant on the cutter, won't throw fastballs and changes enough thus seems too predictable. Stubborn ?

Doubront merely needs to throw fewer curves on 1-2 and 0-2 counts. Fangraphs has had some excellent articles on pitching habits.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from HankukSox. Show HankukSox's posts

Aceves got sent down for a reason, and the team doesn't trust him long term for the same reason.  I agree with them, the guy is a headcase.  BUT he has been throwing extremely well three starts in a row, and it is time to give him another chance.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Pending news regarding health of Buchholz and Lester, just a thought. NEVER thought I'd even be considering it, but has Aceves now demonstrated sufficient consistency and reliability to start regularly ?

I wouldn't say 3 starts "demonstrates sufficient consistency and reliability" to start regularly, but what other choice is there?

Lester has demonstrated he can't be relied on. Buch is hurt.

Let Alfredo keep starting. 

Sox4ever

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Hes done just fine spot starting. I would bet that he doesnt perminantly replace anyone unless a major injury occurs. Lester is not going on the phantom DL unless hes really hurt, which hes not. The only way for Lester to get back his mojo is pitch. Aceves is now the flavor of the month I guess.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Aceves has done well spot starting so he should be 1st up every time nothing more.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Aceves and Doubrant both pitched well tonight,go figure! Lester's problems are mechanical which are leading him into mental decay, or the loss of confidence. Keep putting him out there but have your long reliever at the ready at all times until he becomes more accurate and confident.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

Aceves and Doubrant both pitched well tonight,go figure! Lester's problems are mechanical which are leading him into mental decay, or the loss of confidence. Keep putting him out there but have your long reliever at the ready at all times until he becomes more accurate and confident.

Just wondering bozo, what do you see "mechanically" wrong with him?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Absolutely. Aceves has given us three outstanding starts in a row with an ERA of 1.42 in that stretch. Still walking too many, but at the moment -- and I fully realize the moment can be fleeting -- he's our second most-consistent starter.

I was thrilled with Felix's performance last night. Bailey screwed him out of a win, but it was a great outing.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

Absolutely. Aceves has given us three outstanding starts in a row with an ERA of 1.42 in that stretch. Still walking too many, but at the moment -- and I fully realize the moment can be fleeting -- he's our second most-consistent starter.

I was thrilled with Felix's performance last night. Bailey screwed him out of a win, but it was a great outing.

Lloyd, I've been a fredo fan from day one. I love his aggressive attitude. He's got fire in his belly. like pedro when he said dig up the babe and he'd drill him in the azz. I think that fredo would drill chuck norris in the azz with a 93 mph fastball and chuck would like it...lol..

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to jimedfred's comment:

Even if Clay B. steps back into regular slot, we could D.L. Lester for a couple turns through; get him some rest / recuperation / brainwashing on less use of cutter.

Assuming that it's not the uncertainty of role / intermittent stays in M.L. serving to keep Ace at his best, maybe he's earned a long serious look ?

Especially as Webster still inconsistent with control , and Rubby only five inning-capable, not to mention 5 walks in most recent outing ( albeit only ONE hit ). Heck, in Pawtucket right now, Workman looks most trustworthy and he's only 2 or 3 starts out of AA.

I DARE say, that Dog has a lot of FIGHT, howevaa, needs to be kept on a short leashe.......  The shuttle is fine, no overnight visits !!!!    <RESPECT

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to klaus1954's comment:

Just a month ago this forum wanted Ace sent to the Siberian Minor League. He was considered done and also a mental case. 

Anyway this is a huge decision to make, should your #6 starter become part of the starting five rotation. It is nice to have such problems.

He may not be done, but the enviro is so important to his m-state !!!  >RESPECT

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

There seems to be something about the bus ride from Pawtucket that has helped Aceves pitch effectively.  Leave him there and continue to spot start him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xGUBMmmQWM

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

Just a month ago this forum wanted Ace sent to the Siberian Minor League. He was considered done and also a mental case. 

Anyway this is a huge decision to make, should your #6 starter become part of the starting five rotation. It is nice to have such problems.

I beg to differ! this poster never stopped backing fredo Aceves.  Now bobby V was a horse of a different flavor. he's the only one I didn't want for this club.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to Hammah29r2's comment:

[QUOTE]

I beg to differ! this poster never stopped backing fredo Aceves.  Now bobby V was a horse of a different flavor. he's the only one I didn't want for this club.

[/QUOTE]

Me neither Hammah.  Granted the dude is a headcase.  But the same crazy fire which makes him lose his S*%t is the same fire which makes him nails (and also explains how he manages to drip sweat out of the bill of his cap).  

I chalked last year up to getting jerked around about starting (shoulda been the 5 coming ourt of camp, not Bard), and then being a square peg thrust awkwardly into a round closer hole, and then sprinkled liberally with the magic Valentine dust that sent even the staunchest professionals on the club into petulant fits of poor behavior.  

But, many here on our esteemed board didn't care to give him any kind of pass for his absolutely invaluable 2011.  What have you done for me lately.  Glad management showed patience because his ability to spot start (is there a more difficult task in baseball?) is sure looking pretty valuable right about now.  Amazing what a little role-definition and calm leadership will do for a guy.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.