Darnell McDonald

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

Darnell McDonald

Pure loser! Has had his chances over several years, his biggest this year with Sox but he just can't bring it. I guess not MLB talent

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: Darnell McDonald

Kind of a funny night to say that because he had one of the key hits in the game.  His triple produced an RBI followed by an easy run on a sac fly. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

Google the verb Jade or the noun Jader.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from scorieger. Show scorieger's posts

In Response to Darnell McDonald:
    [QUOTE]Pure loser! Has had his chances over several years, his biggest this year with Sox but he just can't bring it. I guess not MLB talent
    Posted by jader[/QUOTE]

Pure Loser?  Nice.  The man is undoubtedly giving his all.  He certainly isn't getting it done, and we really do need an upgrade in his spot.  His play has been poor, but at the very least, refrain from getting personal.  Stay classy.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Agreed no need to be personal, but they will get someone off waivers before 8/31 so that they will have a righty OF bat off the bench and make that person eligible for the playoffs.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]Pure loser! Has had his chances over several years, his biggest this year with Sox but he just can't bring it. I guess not MLB talent
    Posted by jader[/QUOTE]

Jader,

"Pure loser?" is a bit harsh.  Especially after helping us out with the early big hit!  Especially after Lavarnway goes 0 - 2 with bases loaded...  Give the kid his props tonight!  Send him packing tomorrow :(   Sorry!  Really like the kid, but it's WAY PAST TIME!!!!

NOW!!!  Should the kid still be here.  Hell NO!  He just doesn't have it anymore.  I really appreciate what he did for us last season, but he is DONE!  We MUST get someone else to "spell" Craw, Ells., & Reddick!!! 

BTW!!!!   WT heck is wrong with J.D. Drew.  Does he have ANY DESIRE to come back this season????   When we could really use him!@

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

Did anyone google Jade or Jader definition? Don't wrestle a greased pig.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

"Jader" is a Yankee fan's alias that shows up on the board when the Sox start struggling. Has been that way for a long time. He only posts negative threads. I've already told "Jader" this before.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

RSDirtdog-----Re. JD I think they plan to reinstate him when the rosters expand the end of next week.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

McDonald has not had a good year.  Peter Abraham even hinted he might be at the point of being released.

But a loser?  He is giving it his all, and last night he drove in the tying run with a triple and then scored the go ahead run on a sac fly.  He plays a decent right field and can play center.  He's a bench player who bats from the right side.  He has utility, not every day, but now and then. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from drpjn. Show drpjn's posts

It is offensive to most of us, I'm sure, that Darnell is referred to as a loser.  In fact, any tid bits regarding his character, etc. have been highly favorable.

Yet I am of the opinion that this team can certainly do better.  We must get a RH OF bat to either platoon or pinch hit.
    My money says Theo will make such a move, and make it soon.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

Posted by jader[/QUOTE]

Read posting history. Don't bother responding to a CONCERN TROLL.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ->)TheBabe(<-. Show ->)TheBabe(<-'s posts

In Response to Re: Darnell McDonald:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Darnell McDonald : Read posting history. Don't bother responding to a CONCERN TROLL.

Posted by PawsoxPhil[/QUOTE]

Another fine baseball post by pike!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

Aside from a bad base running error, I thought DMac had a good game. His HR was huge. His troubles with right handed pitching are well documented, but you can plug him in anywhere in the outfield and he always hustles.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

until reddick plays daily we wont know what he is. so if mcd is subbed in regularly it should be in left till mcd is replaced by a higher avg hitter

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Come on fellas!

RHP or LHP......   It really doesn't matter.

Pitcher
    SplitsAVGGABRH2B3BHRRBISBCSTBBKGDPOBPSLG
    vs. Left.209-67-1431412117163.303.463
    vs. Right.111-36-41005123100.175.139

I'll grant you, there is a big difference.  Against RHP he is flat out beyond PHANOMINALLY terrible!!!  BUT!!!!  He still $ucks against LHP!

I'm very happy with his performance TODAY & yesterday, but the rest of the YEAR????   I like the kid!  BUT CAN WE PLEASE STOP WITH THE CLIQUE LEFTY RIGHTY NONSENSE!!!  IT OBVIOUSLY DOES NOT APPLY IN HIS CASE, WHEN FILLING IN FOR ANOTHER PLAYER, AS HIS NUMBERS AGAINST LHP FLAT OUT STINK!!!!   PLEASE STOP!!!!!

Having said that.....  Good job today D'Mac  :)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

p.s.   YES!  I know with Ells. out, there weren't many options.  BUT, why are there no other options????  Because D'Mac is taking up that spot!  "He's the only option," is not a solid or convincing argument!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

Trading deadline is over. Roster increases to 40 in a few days. Many teams still in a hunt for a wildcard position. What are you proposing. Where are the forum's big Adam Dunn fans this year?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

[QUOTE]Come on fellas! RHP or LHP......   It really doesn't matter. Pitcher Splits AVG G AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI SB CS TBB K GDP OBP SLG vs. Left .209 - 67 - 14 3 1 4 12 1 1 7 16 3 .303 .463 vs. Right .111 - 36 - 4 1 0 0 5 1 2 3 10 0 .175 .139 I'll grant you, there is a big difference.  Against RHP he is flat out beyond PHANOMINALLY terrible!!!  BUT!!!!  He still $ucks against LHP! I'm very happy with his performance TODAY & yesterday, but the rest of the YEAR????   I like the kid!  BUT CAN WE PLEASE STOP WITH THE CLIQUE LEFTY RIGHTY NONSENSE!!!  IT OBVIOUSLY DOES NOT APPLY IN HIS CASE, WHEN FILLING IN FOR ANOTHER PLAYER, AS HIS NUMBERS AGAINST LHP FLAT OUT STINK!!!!   PLEASE STOP!!!!! Having said that.....  Good job today D'Mac  :)
    Posted by redsoxdirtdog[/QUOTE] Actually, if your numbers are accurate, a .463 slugging %age vs. lefties is pretty darn good for a bench player.
    That said, I'd STILL prefer Reddick getting the a/b's, let's see if he can be a full-timer.Struggling a bit right now, may need plate appearances to develop confidence ?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Darnell McDonald : Actually, if your numbers are accurate, a .463 slugging %age vs. lefties is pretty darn good for a bench player. That said, I'd STILL prefer Reddick getting the a/b's, let's see if he can be a full-timer.Struggling a bit right now, may need plate appearances to develop confidence ?
    Posted by jimedfred[/QUOTE]

It certainly looks like we (Tito & the FO) are sticking with D'Mac no matter what.  Given that....  I am absolutely rooting for the kid.  I did take note of his OBP & SLGP, & have to admit that it is not "horrible" by any means....

I love what he has done the last couple of nights!!!!   Let's hope he can really go on a tear & help us keep winning.  As I said, I really do like the kid!!! but it's sure been tough watching him all year long.  When we were winning, it was no big deal....  WELL......

GO D'Mac!!!!   :)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Darnell's overall numbers aren't great, to be sure, but consider his splits. He's batting .289 (11-for-38) with a .391 OBP and three HRs since the break. And no matter how you slice it, calling him a loser is grossly unfair.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Lloyd is on the money here.  Yes, his overall numbers aren't going to look good.  But, in terms of his being in the line-up at this juncture, why not?  He had a tragic first half regression from his feel-good 2010 to his career AAA standard.  But, lo and behold, being anything but a loser, Darnell never gave up and has worked himself back into a guy who can makes some things happen at the plate.  

Just for re-iteration:  Since the All Star Break:  .289, .391 OBP, 1.023 OPS.  

Soy un perdedo
    I'm a loser baby, so why don;t you kill me?