Darnell McDonald

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Re: Darnell McDonald

redsoxdirtdog, I completely agree that Ellsbury is having a great year, but he wasn't much help last night either.  Again, this time lefty vs. lefty worked for Sabathia. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In Response to Re: Darnell McDonald:
    In Response to Darnell McDonald : McD brings very little to the table.  Aviles is a much better hitter and should be getting more time in RF so we can use him in the PS.  It appears Theo only traded for Aviles to play SS next season and be our third option off the bench thr remainder of the year.
    Posted by craze4sox

I HAVE BEEN AN EXTREMELY VOCAL CRITIC OF D'MAC ALL SEASON LONG.......

BUT!!!!!

Since the All Star Break...

D'Mac
    Post All-Star5314142139711111.264.355.509.864

A dramatic improvement!  I have to give the guy credit!!!!   He has definitely picked it up since the All Star Break....

I agree about Avilles!  His numbers are very solid!  Not too great a fielder though

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

redsoxdirtdog, I completely agree that Ellsbury is having a great year, but he wasn't much help last night either.  Again, this time lefty vs. lefty worked for Sabathia. 
    Posted by maxbialystock

That was exclusively to stick it up Softy's ARSSSS!   :)

I think he's had good numbers against Sabathia this year???   I'll check 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In Response to Re: Darnell McDonald : That was exclusively to stick it up Softy's ARSSSS!   :) I think he's had good numbers against Sabathia this year???   I'll check 
    Posted by redsoxdirtdog

Ells.
    vs. NYY49817502133.347

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Gotta love the guy quoted by Dirt Dogs, that he'd rather see Reddick play full time instead of McDonald. Let's consider this: In August they both have a mere 5 RBI, but Reddick has 74 at bats to 41 for McDonald. Since the All-Star game Reddick had hit .229 with 11 RBI in 131 at bats. McDonald has two fewer RBI but has hit .264 in only 53 at bats. Clearly McDonald has equaled Reddick's measly production with far less at bats, while hitting at 35 points higher. Tito knows these stats, which is why Reddick hits 9th and only plays vs. right handed pitchers. Some posters still mythicize Reddick based upon his July fluke hitting.
    Posted by tbrod

It's stunning!  I can't figure out what has gone wrong with Reddick????

Pre - August    I was screaming to keep D'Mac out of the lineup!

I was a huge Reddick fan!  Still am, in the long run.....    BUT!

D'Mac has certainly come on strong post All Star Break!

Reddick's been sliding since the ASB???  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Well......

I love eating crow, when it comes to one of our guys picking up their game!

D'Mac certainly deserves some Major League PROPS!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

I'm sure it was just an oversight.

I said LOB's were a team effort, you captious homey.

I also see the ranting lunatic has Drew Sutton as Mr. Clutch.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from theYAZZER. Show theYAZZER's posts

Last pitch was way outside when he had the bases loaded.....lack of at bats causes him to be over anxious in those situations. I could imagine the posts today if he had not swung and was called for a 3rd strike. The Sox had plenty of opportunities to come out with a win last night. Darnell is just a backup outfielder....and that's all he'll ever be. It's strange that this poster failed to mention those 3 pitiful swings Sal took before Darnell came to the plate. Oh...I forgot....this is Boston.
    Posted by walk2run

good point!
    everybody remembers pumpsie green.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTJake14. Show CTJake14's posts

Hunter Pence is not the answer either.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

I was at the game last night, and thought that Lackey got squeezed a bit, and CC had a looser strike zone.

The good news was that the Sox did hit CC, just didn't capitalize.  There was also some great defense on both sides.  Although I'm not sure why Ellsbury was double pumping his throws in, and even missing the cutoffs.

Agon whiffing is a huge part of the loss, but I expected that game to be dropped anyway.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to Re: Darnell McDonald : It's stunning!  I can't figure out what has gone wrong with Reddick???? Pre - August    I was screaming to keep D'Mac out of the lineup! I was a huge Reddick fan!  Still am, in the long run.....    BUT! D'Mac has certainly come on strong post All Star Break! Reddick's been sliding since the ASB???  
    Posted by redsoxdirtdog

There isn't anything wrong with Reddick.  This is who he is.  Like I said he was a career 240 hitter in AAA ball in over 700 at bats.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from theYAZZER. Show theYAZZER's posts

In Response to Re: Darnell McDonald : There isn't anything wrong with Reddick.  This is who he is.  Like I said he was a career 240 hitter in AAA ball in over 700 at bats.  
    Posted by snakeoil123

there's better lighting in major league ballparks.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbrod. Show tbrod's posts

Yeah, Hunter Pence has been really stinking it up in Philly.
    He never would have helped. He's only hit .341 since August with 6 homers and 15 RBI, not to mention allowing protection for Ryan Howard, who's gone off since Pence joined the lineup behind him.
    Who'd ever want such a terrible player in Boston!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PetesCall. Show PetesCall's posts

I think MacDonald is a good guy and can hit sometimes for power, but it seems unlikely that he should be starting in September's tight race, or in the playoffs? Am I correct?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Yeah, Hunter Pence has been really stinking it up in Philly. He never would have helped. He's only hit .341 since August with 6 homers and 15 RBI, not to mention allowing protection for Ryan Howard, who's gone off since Pence joined the lineup behind him. Who'd ever want such a terrible player in Boston!
    Posted by tbrod

Hunter would've been a great aquisition...last night who knows maybe he squares one up and the Sox win! Unfortunately the Phillies made the Stros an offer they couldn't refuse, one that we couldn't match, becasue they gave them two players that were both rated higher than our best two...dem's the breaks...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Re: Darnell McDonald : I HAVE BEEN AN EXTREMELY VOCAL CRITIC OF D'MAC ALL SEASON LONG....... BUT!!!!! Since the All Star Break... D'Mac Post All-Star 53 14 14 2 1 3 9 7 1 11 1 1 .264 .355 .509 .864 A dramatic improvement!  I have to give the guy credit!!!!   He has definitely picked it up since the All Star Break.... I agree about Avilles!  His numbers are very solid!  Not too great a fielder though
    Posted by redsoxdirtdog

You're right redsoxdirtdog, we still need a better RH option for the OF.  I think Theo will be all over it before next season begins.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Hunter Pence is not the answer either.
    Posted by CTJake14

If the question is who would be an ideal fit for the Sox in RF now and in the future...one of the answer is Hunter Pence who has the legs and the arm to play RF in fenway, his bat would slot right behind Ortiz in the 6 hole and had the Sox aquired him they would without question have a far more formadable lineup...

End of the day they didn't get him, the Phillies did...becasue the Phil's gave them thier best two prospects...it's not like the Stros gave the guy away...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Re: Darnell McDonald : If the question is who would be an ideal fit for the Sox in RF now and in the future...one of the answer is Hunter Pence who has the legs and the arm to play RF in fenway, his bat would slot right behind Ortiz in the 6 hole and had the Sox aquired him they would without question have a far more formadable lineup... End of the day they didn't get him, the Phillies did...becasue the Phil's gave them thier best two prospects...it's not like the Stros gave the guy away...
    Posted by Beantowne

bean,

I think the the Phils best prospect is by far Domonic Brown so in my opinion the Astros got burned by letting the Phils keep him, but I agree Pence would be a great fit in Boston.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

I think MacDonald is a good guy and can hit sometimes for power, but it seems unlikely that he should be starting in September's tight race, or in the playoffs? Am I correct?
    Posted by PetesCall

Hey Pete,

Last night Dmac gave us some very good at bats...His last at bat he battled after falling behind in the count, fouled off a few, took a couple of close ones and then struck out on a fastball just off the plate, one that was too close to take...end result is he K'd, but he made the pitcher work and got a fastball he just didn't square it up...There were others who looked terrible at the plate last night Gonzalez and Salty in particular...blues strike zone was irratic at best and the at bat that Lowrie struck out on Sabathia never threw a single pitch over the plate...

Dmac, may not be all star material but the guys a good BU outfielder...no more no less and unless the sox strike gold today, He and Avilies are our only RH hitting OFers on the 40 man roster...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In Response to Re: Darnell McDonald : bean, I think the the Phils best prospect is by far Domonic Brown so in my opinion the Astros got burned by letting the Phils keep him, but I agree Pence would be a great fit in Boston.
    Posted by craze4sox

Brown is a good prospect, but that doesn't change the facts both of the prospects the Phillies sent the Stros were rated higher than our best and by all accounts we had zero interest in moving Ranuando...

As for Pence, anyone that understands how critical the defensive ability of the Red Sox righfielder is to the organization knows full well that Pence fits that criteria he's often been compared to Dewey both as a RFer and a hitter. I doubt that there's another player that would be more of an ideal fit, but there are others that are similar...unfortunately they don't play for the sox this year...but a healthy JD Drew will go along ways in putting the RF question to bed at least until the hot stove starts cooking in November

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Re: Darnell McDonald : Brown is a good prospect, but that doesn't change the facts both of the prospects the Phillies sent the Stros were rated higher than our best and by all accounts we had zero interest in moving Ranuando... As for Pence, anyone that understands how critical the defensive ability of the Red Sox righfielder is to the organization knows full well that Pence fits that criteria he's often been compared to Dewey both as a RFer and a hitter. I doubt that there's another player that would be more of an ideal fit, but there are others that are similar...unfortunately they don't play for the sox this year...but a healthy JD Drew will go along ways in putting the RF question to bed at least until the hot stove starts cooking in November
    Posted by Beantowne

I agree bean, and was very surprised with the Renaudo thing.  I have seen both Renaudo and Barnes pitch and the real deal is Barnes in my opinion but time will tell.  Pence is perfect for our lineup

Sections
Shortcuts