Darn...Tigers signing Davis

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Re: Darn...Tigers signing Davis

In response to fl+adam,'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Flapjack07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Although FWIW I'd rather roll the dice on Choo than Kemp........but I'm fine with a Nava/Gomes platoon for one more year. 

[/QUOTE]

A lot of people probably don't realize our left fielders provided the third-best OPS from the position in MLB last season. The Nava/Gomes combination proved to be incredibly productive and should again in 2014.

Kind of feels like we are searching for $100 million solutions where there really isn't a problem. Luckily, I doubt Ben C is.

[/QUOTE]

What are the odds we catch lightening in that bottle again.  Heck, last year was great.  Alot of the "fringe" moves we all hated at the time worked.  Drew, naps, Carp, Gomes, etc all played great.  I just hate to count on all of them doing it again PLUS JBJ, WMB, and Boggie playing as well as those other guys did.  Sometimes good enough just isn't quite enough...

[/QUOTE]

We could just as easily assume that Choo's platoon splits will continue to decline as they have, turning him into a 20 million a year platoon player in a few years. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FL33178. Show FL33178's posts

Just contact the Marlins and make them an offer they can't refuse for Stanton......

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to fl+adam,'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Flapjack07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Although FWIW I'd rather roll the dice on Choo than Kemp........but I'm fine with a Nava/Gomes platoon for one more year. 

[/QUOTE]

A lot of people probably don't realize our left fielders provided the third-best OPS from the position in MLB last season. The Nava/Gomes combination proved to be incredibly productive and should again in 2014.

Kind of feels like we are searching for $100 million solutions where there really isn't a problem. Luckily, I doubt Ben C is.

[/QUOTE]

What are the odds we catch lightening in that bottle again.  Heck, last year was great.  Alot of the "fringe" moves we all hated at the time worked.  Drew, naps, Carp, Gomes, etc all played great.  I just hate to count on all of them doing it again PLUS JBJ, WMB, and Boggie playing as well as those other guys did.  Sometimes good enough just isn't quite enough...

[/QUOTE]

I get that notion.  And I agree.  But not in a vacuum.  I have to see it in context of who is out there and at what cost.  Same as last year.  Many here were up in arms that the Sox were rolling dice on Naps and Vic instead of shelling out huge dough for a sure thing.  But, looking around, there were no sure things.  Hamilton?  Whew.  Yes, it would be great to upgrade the offense.  We lost Ellsbury and JBJ is not replacing his production in 2014.  But if the only options are going long on Choo or giving up prospects and huge money to get Kemp-Risk, I would rather hold tight.  Not panic.  Roll the dice on the kids, which has to be done at some point anyway.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

Fair enough.  I would not give Choo ellsbury money or take on kemp without some serious salry eating by the dodgers.  It looks to me like the dodgers HAVE to move an outfielder, the Sox HAVE to move a starter and a releiver, and Choo and Drew have overplayed their hands and will end up settling for less, both in years and dollars.  Of course none of that could happen as well.  We shall see.  I am just not satisfied with the current roster, that has 41 on it and no Uinf as well.  A few have to go.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

THANK YOU!

Sections
Shortcuts