Dave Roberts active Red Sox teammates

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

Dave Roberts active Red Sox teammates

Seeing Dave Roberts coaching at first for the Padres tonight got me to reminiscing about the 2004 Sox.  It seems like only yesterday, and yet there are only 4 remaining players from that team on this year's squad.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Re: Dave Roberts active Red Sox teammates

I think that every time I look at my framed copy of the Globe and that picture of the mound celebration.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In Response to Re: Dave Roberts active Red Sox teammates:
    [QUOTE]BOSTON HATES BLACK PEOPLE
    Posted by 26RINGSANDCOUTING[/QUOTE]

Troll,

Cut the racist GARBAGE talk. It's not needed here. 

Hetchinspete.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from djbosox2004. Show djbosox2004's posts

[QUOTE]BOSTON HATES BLACK PEOPLE
    ============================================================
     WRONG again. We don`t care if you`re white,black,hispanic,asian,etc.We hate any stupid Yankee troll that has nothing better to do than show off their utter ignorance.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

In Response to Dave Roberts active Red Sox teammates:

For those still scratching their heads, Ortiz, Tek, Wake, and Youk.

And can you name the 3 Martinez's that were on the 2004 roster?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]LOTS OF BOSTON PEOPLE NO LIKE DARNEL MCDONALD AND MICH CAMERON ALSO NOT LIKE DEREK JETER CALL IT LIKE I SEE IT

Its losers like you that should be taken out back and relieved of his..."duties"
    your a racist troll that WILL be banned soon..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from --the--yazzer. Show --the--yazzer's posts

26ringsandcouting.

another middle school drop-out. i know he's not a high-school drop-out because he's not that smart.
    let's see, he's got the # of rings wrong and he can't spell counting.
    his future looks bleak.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

I just finished reading Faithful written by Stephen King and Stuart O'Nan. A diary format book covering the 2004 season. Really great book. As I look back on some of the 2004 players on that team Millar, Mueller etc., the injuries, the Nomar trade it was destiny. They were 8 out late in the season. And the amazing comeback whipping of the stankees, leaving thier entire team and fan base shocked and downtrodden was a thing a beauty. If you have not read this great book, give it a shot.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from --the--yazzer. Show --the--yazzer's posts

the most amazing thing about that game-by-game diary, is that mr king just happened to pick that year to do it.
    how SCARY is that?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from --the--yazzer. Show --the--yazzer's posts

as bad as you spell, you might want to use smaller letters.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]ONE OF THE GREATEST HITTERS AND MOST RECPTED PLAYERS IN HISTORY CALLED BOSTON RACIST BARRY BONDS http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2004/06/19/BONDS.TMP
    Posted by 26RINGSANDCOUTING[/QUOTE]er, you might wanna rethink that "respected" part.... Game of Shadows.PNG either that or take your head out of your butt...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

Dave got a standing ovation from the fans and appeared to be quite emotional over it. I think I read somewhere that he said although he is a coach for san diego, he will always be a red sox forever in his heart.

Thanks Dave for helping to make history and helping to bring us our first world series championship in 86 years.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

Dave is also a cancer survivor and, as of now, cancer free.

May God bless and keep him, and the same to his family.

As Tito said, without that stolen base, we are talking to someone else. About something else.

One person can make a difference. Truly.

Here endeth the lesson.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from melbredsox. Show melbredsox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Dave Roberts active Red Sox teammates : For those still scratching their heads, Ortiz, Tek, Wake, and Youk. And can you name the 3 Martinez's that were on the 2004 roster?
    Posted by dustcover[/QUOTE]

Without searching or looking at baseball ref I've got Pedro and Anastacio...
    Who's the third?!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Calling a city prejudice is, by definition, being prejudice.  

First black athlete drafted in the NBA?   Chuck Cooper, Celtics.   May have been racism all over the country, including Boston ... but ludicrous to point to Boston as a racist city. 

Didn't Bonds enjoyed his time in Boston when he came here with the Giants?  I mean seriously, what did he expect to see in Boston ... a bunch of crazed leprechauns with white hoods chasing minorities around?  What century was he born in?  Too many roids in that man's brain.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigpanther98. Show bigpanther98's posts

Sandy, a journeyman catcher

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

[QUOTE]Dave is also a cancer survivor and, as of now, cancer free. May God bless and keep him, and the same to his family. As Tito said, without that stolen base, we are talking to someone else. About something else. One person can make a difference. Truly. Here endeth the lesson.
    Posted by summerof67[/QUOTE]

yup, he beat the same type that Jon Lester had. thank the Lord above.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sti328. Show sti328's posts

Dave Roberts can go to Fenway, Gillette, TD Garden and get standing O every single time for the rest of his life or get a free drink in any bar in MASS for the rest of his life. I also want to extend my thanks to Kevin Millar and Billy Mueller for that play.

Millar draws the walk.

Roberts pinch runs for Millar, steals second.

Mueller single up the middle.

Roberts scores from second, tie ball game and the Red Sox have life!!!

When will we see a movie about this???

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

Dsave Roberts eats and drinks for free in any restaurant in Boston for the rest of his life.

Show us your WS ring, Dave. Thanks.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dave Roberts active Red Sox teammates : Without searching or looking at baseball ref I've got Pedro and Anastacio... Who's the third?!
    Posted by melbredsox[/QUOTE]

Sandy Martinez, catcher, played in 3 games in 2004. :)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 26RINGSANDCOUTING. Show 26RINGSANDCOUTING's posts

YOU CANNOT SILENCE THE TRUTH

NO CENSORING ME

ONE OF THE GREATEST HITTERS AND MOST RECPTED PLAYERS IN HISTORY CALLED BOSTON RACIST BARRY BONDS http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2004/06/19/BONDS.TMP

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]Dave Roberts can go to Fenway, Gillette, TD Garden and get standing O every single time for the rest of his life or get a free drink in any bar in MASS for the rest of his life. I also want to extend my thanks to Kevin Millar and Billy Mueller for that play. Millar draws the walk. Roberts pinch runs for Millar, steals second. Mueller single up the middle. Roberts scores from second, tie ball game and the Red Sox have life!!! When will we see a movie about this???
    Posted by sti328[/QUOTE]

I love Dave Roberts. The steal is my favorite moment. It was like right out of a movie where you just knew that was going to change everything.

I also always think of Millar and Mueller, who may have been a little overshadowed by the steal. But it's hard to get that specific image out of your head. 

It was great to see him at the game today. And what better spot then as a first base coach? Could there be anyone better?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

First: 12/3/2010
    Last: 6/21/2011
    I just finished reading Faithful written by Stephen King and Stuart O'Nan. A diary format book covering the 2004 season. Really great book. As I look back on some of the 2004 players on that team Millar, Mueller etc., the injuries, the Nomar trade it was destiny. They were 8 out late in the season. And the amazing comeback whipping of the stankees, leaving thier entire team and fan base shocked and downtrodden was a thing a beauty. If you have not read this great book, give it a shot.
    You've got me ready ...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Dave Roberts .... the one acquisition NYY fans WISH Theo had messed up on!!!!

DUSTCOVER,

Great thread.  Soooo many good vibes, dude!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Yaz, as a Yankee fan, maybe...but you also don't like to see guys pushed out, had he not been with the Sox he may have been out of the game sooner..or sooner than he would have liked to be, imo laundry aside, i like to see guys like him and Wake get rewarded...