David Ortiz calls Arod plunking wrong

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Re: David Ortiz calls Arod plunking wrong

While courageous, Pontius Pilate had his supporters too.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to BostonBruinss' comment:

Im very happy to see Ortiz do what he did. We live in a society full of hatred and jealously. I like that Ortiz sticks up for a guy which the whole world is ganging up against. It makes me have even more respect for him. GO ORTIZ!

I couldn't agree more.  ARod is a victim here, a VICTIM, I tell you!  We should all form a circle around him and ward off the evil Selig, the evil MLB and all the evil fans who are referring to him as a cheater.  He's just a misunderstood, hardworking guy who's trying to make a living.

BHwaaaahaaaa!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

Exaggerate much?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:

In response to 67redsox's comment:

Ortiz should have kept his mouth shut and backed his teammate.  He has an opinion but he should keep it to himself.  He is part of a team so he should support his team not a rival.

Ortiz is having a bad year, the boston thing, the phone and now this.  The guy should lay low for a while.

Both he and arod are disputing punishments from mlb. Birds of a feather.

Huh? Check his numbers again.

I didn't mean on the field but off the field.  He should lay low, stop breaking things, swearing in front of thousands of kids and he should back his teammates.

The last thing the sox need is friction in the clubhouse so ortiz needs to cool it.

I don't know, I liked "Our F&#%ing City"...the kids will survive.

Agree with you about the phone thing and about this incident, though. To that I would add some of Ortiz's complaining about his contract situation the last couple of years and his comments last season about there being too much drama and maybe wanting to go to NY...I love Big Papi, but he can be a distraction at times.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:

you're welcome...we(NYY) raised a fine young man Tongue OutWink

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Easy does it there RSF, most of these guys are more or less full of themselves, they've been idolized most of their lives, are mostly millionaires, and don't live in the same world as the rest of us.   I love Ortiz as a hitter and for all the big hits he's had for the Sox, and mostly enjoy the sense I have of the guy.  But it's the privilege of we nameless masses to call players unflattering names and to boo them sometimes, especially when their words or actions deserve this sort of response (boorish and dangerous dugout phone demolitions, e.g.). 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to S5's comment:

[QUOTE]

Im very happy to see Ortiz do what he did. We live in a society full of hatred and jealously. I like that Ortiz sticks up for a guy which the whole world is ganging up against. It makes me have even more respect for him. GO ORTIZ!

I couldn't agree more.  ARod is a victim here, a VICTIM, I tell you!  We should all form a circle around him and ward off the evil Selig, the evil MLB and all the evil fans who are referring to him as a cheater.  He's just a misunderstood, hardworking guy who's trying to make a living.

BHwaaaahaaaa!!!!

[/QUOTE]

it's all scott boras fault

for making him leave seatle

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

In response to RSF4Life234's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to soxnewmex's comment:

He's a legend in his own mind; still want him in the heart of the red sox order though.

He's a legend because of what he has done during his redsox career. No Ortiz no ring in 2004 and don't you ever forget it. 

So was Schilling. That hasn't stopped anybody

[/QUOTE]

Schilling gets a pass too, frankly don't care about his or anyother athletes political beliefs I watch them because I love baseball not because they're a democrat or republican. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

In response to soxnewmex's comment:

Easy does it there RSF, most of these guys are more or less full of themselves, they've been idolized most of their lives, are mostly millionaires, and don't live in the same world as the rest of us.   I love Ortiz as a hitter and for all the big hits he's had for the Sox, and mostly enjoy the sense I have of the guy.  But it's the privilege of we nameless masses to call players unflattering names and to boo them sometimes, especially when their words or actions deserve this sort of response (boorish and dangerous dugout phone demolitions, e.g.). 

Wait were you telling me adults who get paid millions of dollars to play a kids game might be a little immature... Stop the press!

A lot of players in the game seem to be pretty big fans of Ortiz. We the fans are dumb we Harper on Beckett after one of his most dominant season's because of chicken and beer. I remember when I was a kid at Fenway Jose consteriod had just been arrested for a domestic abuse (he hit his wife) his first at bat everyone in fenway was booing him. He then proceed to crush a homerun and every boo turned to a cheer. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to S5's comment:

[QUOTE]

BHwaaaahaaaa!!!!

[/QUOTE]

You know, he might be right.  Poor arod, he is misunderstood.  He is a victim, a victim of his own bad choicesMoney Mouth

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to jackbu's comment:

There aren't too many players who go against what their coach said.  Ortiz should have fallen in line with what John Farrell said about the situation.  I wonder if Dustin will give his trade mark line and tell david that this is not how things are done here.

Complaining about the flight schedule was childish as well.  If ortiz needed the extra rest then he should have skipped the dinner with Arod and stayed in bed. Possibly Ortiz does have a point and now has something to blame his 0 for 8 and bad back.

I was just talking about how Mo Vaughn would always be looking for a batter who may charge the mound.  Mo would always get to a charging batter and all the players knew this.  Now some hitters know that Ortiz does not have his pitcher's back. I am thinking Ortiz's days at first are done for the season and he can play up his bad back.

+100

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

A message to David Ortiz from Michael Corleone:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6PWM-90ij4

"Hold it fellows, that don't move me. Let's get real, real gone for a change."

-Elvis Presley

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to devildavid's comment:

A message to David Ortiz from Michael Corleone:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6PWM-90ij4

"Hold it fellows, that don't move me. Let's get real, real gone for a change."

-Elvis Presley

Yeah, that pretty much covers it.  Laughing

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

He washed his hands and sealed his fate.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

at this point it is obvious that red sox brass should not allow Papi to get near a microphone....talk about a loose cannon....and though i totally agree with him 100%, it makes little sense to side with AROD of all people instead of your own teammate...

As always - 100% correct!

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Though Ortiz made a mistake by publicly saying that, this is also a classic case of making a mountain out of a mole hill. My hunch is the players are annoyed at Dempster for apparently doing this on his own and putting Red Sox hitters at future risk. I doubt this will  create  any friction in the clubhouse.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Whoops,  sorry for double post. Why'd they get rid of the delete button?

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to jackbu's comment:

When players don't back each other up, problems start.  It is better to just say no comment. 

Oh, I completely agree that he shouldn't have said it. But I also believe he said what every other player in the clubhouse except Dempster was thinking.

Sections
Shortcuts