David Ortiz calls Arod plunking wrong

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

Re: David Ortiz calls Arod plunking wrong

In response to S5's comment:

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

He made that statement in the way that's been accepted in baseball since baseball was invented

do you have any other examples of a player getting thrown at for off the field actions

Calling what he did an "off-field action" is disingenuious at best.  While I'm willing to concede that he probably never injected himself while on the field, what he did was within the scope of the game of baseball.  Do we now have to agree that anything that's done "off the field" is ignored within the realm of baseball, especially if it pertains TO baseball?

While to the best of my knowledge he never dropped trou and administered his "medication" on the field but that doesn't make it any less a baseball related offense. Do we want to assume that if he didn't do it in CF then it's ok?

speaking of disingenuious

not to acknowledge the difference between what arod did and

others who have been thrown at '' since baseball was invented ''

fits that bill

as far as the- yeah but it effects what's on the field- goes

67 already played that card and I redefined the question to

do you have any other examples of a player getting thrown at 4 taking peds

and it's been all crickets except for mr mojos' find

with the key word being

in·cred·i·ble

/ɪnˈkrɛdəbəl/ Show Spelled [in-kred-uh-buhl] Show IPA

adjective 1. so extraordinary as to seem impossible: incredible speed. 2. not credible; hard to believe; unbelievable: The plot of the book is incredible.

Buster Olney @Buster_ESPN

Heard an incredible story this month of a pitcher who announced to his teammates in the dugout that he drilled a guy because he's a PED user

8:56 AM - 22 Jul 2013

so do you have any other examples of a player getting thrown at 4 taking peds

till then how bout we hold off on anymore talk about this being something that has

been accepted in baseball since baseball was invented

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:

Zac~

There's a first time for everything and this is it.  For you to keep asking for examples is fruitless.  The guy is scum, he was hit like hundreds before and hundreds after.  I'm sorry for you that he is yankee scum but it is what it is.

David Lennon ‏@DPLennon

Maddon on #AROD in Dempster aftermath: "Don’t take out your own personal belief system against one person. Go play the game. Do your job.”

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to S5's comment:

[QUOTE]

He made that statement in the way that's been accepted in baseball since baseball was invented

do you have any other examples of a player getting thrown at for off the field actions

Calling what he did an "off-field action" is disingenuious at best.  While I'm willing to concede that he probably never injected himself while on the field, what he did was within the scope of the game of baseball.  Do we now have to agree that anything that's done "off the field" is ignored within the realm of baseball, especially if it pertains TO baseball?

While to the best of my knowledge he never dropped trou and administered his "medication" on the field but that doesn't make it any less a baseball related offense. Do we want to assume that if he didn't do it in CF then it's ok?

speaking of disingenuious

not to acknowledge the difference between what arod did and

others who have been thrown at '' since baseball was invented ''

fits that bill

as far as the- yeah but it effects what's on the field- goes

67 already played that card and I redefined the question to

and it's been all crickets except for mr mojos' find

with the key word being

in·cred·i·ble

/ɪnˈkrɛdəbəl/ Show Spelled [in-kred-uh-buhl] Show IPA

adjective 1. so extraordinary as to seem impossible: incredible speed. 2. not credible; hard to believe; unbelievable: The plot of the book is incredible.

Buster Olney @Buster_ESPN

Heard an incredible story this month of a pitcher who announced to his teammates in the dugout that he drilled a guy because he's a PED user

8:56 AM - 22 Jul 2013

so do you have any other examples of a player getting thrown at 4 taking peds

till then how bout we hold off on anymore talk about this being something that has

been accepted in baseball since baseball was invented

[/QUOTE]

Incdredible does not mean it didn't happen.  I don't think the writer looked up the word like you did.  If he really meant not believable he probably would have said he heard a far fetched or unbelievable story.

Saying taking peds off the field doesn't affect play on the field is simply not true.  He took peds to hit home runs on the field.  Peds=home runs, pretty simple.

Zac, I don't know why you won't let go of this.  Arod is fine, making more money than you will ever see in 100 life times.  He doesn't care about you, yank fans or baseball fans in general.  He is a self centered jerk who only cares about money.

I'm sorry this upset you as much as it has but getting hit is part of the game.  He was hit because of all his peds home runs, it really is that simple.  Maybe if he took his punishment like a man and shut his whining mouth he wouldn't be a targer.  Maybe he was hit because he threw others under the bus.  Maybe he was hit because he said he was clean, wanted a second chance but was lying. As I said, there is a first time for eveything so this is the first time a player was hit for taking peds. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

[/QUOTE]

Incdredible does not mean it didn't happen.  I don't think the writer looked up the word like you did.  If he really meant not believable he probably would have said he heard a far fetched or unbelievable story.

and we know this how

Saying taking peds off the field doesn't affect play on the field is simply not true.  He took peds to hit home runs on the field.  Peds=home runs, pretty simple.

where did I come close to saying that

up till now all the other guys who were thrown at

had committed their offense on the field

besides we are past that

I already redefined the question to

Zac, I don't know why you won't let go of this.  Arod is fine, making more money than you will ever see in 100 life times.  He doesn't care about you, yank fans or baseball fans in general.  He is a self centered jerk who only cares about money.

takes 2 not to let something go

it's not so much about defending arod

as it is keeping the board real

I disagreed with S5 saying this has gone on since BB was invented

not our argument, but players getting thrown at 4 roids something

taken off the field,

were guys ever thrown at for using corked bats

heck were pithcers thrown at for throwing illegal pitches

I'm sorry this upset you as much as it has but getting hit is part of the game.  He was hit because of all his peds home runs, it really is that simple.

got any other names yet

Maybe if he took his punishment like a man and shut his whining mouth he wouldn't be a targer.

like a man............  sorry 67 that's ridiculous

what man wouldn't stand up 4 themselves in the face of losing

10 times more than any other user

Maybe he was hit because he threw others under the bus.  Maybe he was hit because he said he was clean, wanted a second chance but was lying.As I said, there is a first time for everything so this is the first time a player was hit for taking peds

so why R U arguing with me

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

Well, some get thrown at for a home run during a game so one could argue that arod cheated to get his home runs over the years so being thrown at was pay back for all those illegal home runs.

LOL my friend

I'm thinking only you could argue that

Based on this line of reasoning, it sounds like Ortiz may deserve a PED-ball.

Come on now, you and everyone else here saw how I was all over ortiz for the dug out thing and his swearing.  I didn't try to make his behavior less wrong by comparing him to others as some of you are doing.

Arod is lower than a snakes belly, he got hit, move on.

Yes, I know how you feel lately about Ortiz, and there's no dispute about ARod's character. Regardless, I was responding to U and zac, so who's not moving on? Similar to the comment about it being overblown, (which wasn't even the case, at least based on the national headlines), and including HBPs, you can't have it both ways.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Well, some get thrown at for a home run during a game so one could argue that arod cheated to get his home runs over the years so being thrown at was pay back for all those illegal home runs.

LOL my friend

Come on now, you and everyone else here saw how I was all over ortiz for the dug out thing and his swearing.  I didn't try to make his behavior less wrong by comparing him to others as some of you are doing.

Yes, I know how you feel lately about Ortiz, and there's no dispute about ARod's character. Regardless, I was responding to U and zac, so who's not moving on? Similar to the comment about it being overblown, (which wasn't even the case, at least based on the national headlines), and including HBPs, you can't have it both ways.

Sure I canWink

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

and we know this how

where did I come close to saying that

up till now all the other guys who were thrown at

had committed their offense on the field

besides we are past that

I already redefined the question to

takes 2 not to let something go

it's not so much about defending arod

as it is keeping the board real

I disagreed with S5 saying this has gone on since BB was invented

not our argument, but players getting thrown at 4 roids something

taken off the field,

were guys ever thrown at for using corked bats

heck were pithcers thrown at for throwing illegal pitches

I'm sorry this upset you as much as it has but getting hit is part of the game.  He was hit because of all his peds home runs, it really is that simple.

got any other names yet

Maybe if he took his punishment like a man and shut his whining mouth he wouldn't be a targer.

like a man............  sorry 67 that's ridiculous

what man wouldn't stand up 4 themselves in the face of losing

10 times more than any other user

Maybe he was hit because he threw others under the bus.  Maybe he was hit because he said he was clean, wanted a second chance but was lying.As I said, there is a first time for everything so this is the first time a player was hit for taking peds

so why R U arguing with me

[/QUOTE]

Zac my friend, you seem to want the last word so you may have it.  I don't think arod being hit is a big deal, you do.  Whatever.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Maybe he was hit because he threw others under the bus.  Maybe he was hit because he said he was clean, wanted a second chance but was lying.As I said, there is a first time for everything so this is the first time a player was hit for taking peds.

Did someone establish that he was hit for taking PED's?  Why would he be?  No one else ever has been. 

Do you really not get it that using PED's was only a part of why he was hit?  The guy was hit because he's not only been using PED's but he's lied about it to EVERYONE, he's obstructed the investigation, he's implicated other members of MLB, at one time he cried his crocodile tears and begged for forgiveness, and on the whole he's been an embarrassment to the game of baseball.  It wasn't JUST PED useage.

Now if you'd like to say to me that nobody else has ever been hit for using PED's, lieing about it to EVERYONE, obstructing an investigation into his own PED useage, impicating other members of MLB in PED useage, asking for forgiveness for past transgressions and to be given another chance, and on the whole being an embarrassment to the game of baseball, I'll have to say that you've got me there!  To the best of my knowledge nobody ever has. 

But there have been darn few people with the opportunity to be hit for doing that.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]

LOL my friend

Sure I canWink

[/QUOTE]

Well, who can argue with that.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

LOL my friend

Sure I canWink

[/QUOTE]

Well, who can argue with that.

[/QUOTE]

LOL!