David Ortiz Lobbies MLB for Four-strike Outs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

David Ortiz Lobbies MLB for Four-strike Outs

This just in:

Immediately following last night's loss to Oakland David Ortiz approached the official scorer with an odd proposition. He suggested that baseball rules be modified to give hitters a fourth strike before an out is called.

Apparently Ortiz didn't realize that the official scorer is not the person who would make such a decision.

"It might not be the right guy, but I'm used to communicating with official scorers, so for me it was a comfortable choice. Plus I didn't want to talk to Joe Torre if I didn't have to."

Asked if his proposal had anything to do with him striking out with the winning run on base in the top of the tenth, Ortiz donned his designer glasses and left the room.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Re: David Ortiz Lobbies MLB for Four-strike Outs

In response to Ergoetal's comment:

This just in:

Immediately following last night's loss to Oakland David Ortiz approached the official scorer with an odd proposition. He suggested that baseball rules be modified to give hitters a fourth strike before an out is called.

Apparently Ortiz didn't realize that the official scorer is not the person who would make such a decision.

"It might not be the right guy, but I'm used to communicating with official scorers, so for me it was a comfortable choice. Plus I didn't want to talk to Joe Torre if I didn't have to."

Asked if his proposal had anything to do with him striking out with the winning run on base in the top of the tenth, Ortiz donned his designer glasses and left the room.

Actually, with his attitude, I believe he lobbied for four strike outs only for himself.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

He got his wish today. K-Nap struck out but the ump missed the call and they got a run which should not have counted.

The team is in the toilet and Big Diva is obsessing over raising his BA from 249 to 250.  Tens of millions in net worth can do bizarre things to people…..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

In response to Ergoetal's comment:

This just in:

Actually, with his attitude, I believe he lobbied for four strike outs only for himself.

4b's isn't going to be happy with that remark

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

LOL

Spend all weekend thinking about me?

How sweet...

I love the smell of asphalt in the morning.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

LOL

How sweet...

spend all weekend waiting for me to post?  How sweet, that was a quick response.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

There's your answer, gale. Didn't take long 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

No Ortiz, no rings. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to steven11's comment:

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

LOL

How sweet...

spend all weekend waiting for me to post?  How sweet, that was a quick response.

[object HTMLDivElement]

Yeah, I'm sure you didn't post all weekend.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Pete Abraham @PeteAbe  ·  7s Ortiz was credited with a hit on that ball to Mauer last week. Scorer changed it. #redsox

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

Pete Abraham @PeteAbe  ·  7s Ortiz was credited with a hit on that ball to Mauer last week. Scorer changed it. #redsox

Well then..... :)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In response to 2013soxchamps' comment:

Well then..... :)

It should have been a hit to begin with.  Mauer and Gardenhire thought so too. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

In response to RedSoxKimmi's comment:

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree...it was clearly a hit.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to 2013soxchamps' comment:

In response to RedSoxKimmi's comment:

I agree...it was clearly a hit.

A hit or not, Ortiz complaining about it publicly doesn't do much for his image. He appears selfish when he misbehaves like that.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

[/QUOTE]

A hit or not, Ortiz complaining about it publicly doesn't do much for his image. He appears selfish when he misbehaves like that.

[/QUOTE]

Do you feel the same way when Tom Brady calls out an official? Or Chara yapping at a call? Or is it just an Ortiz thing?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

‏@PeteAbe
    Two other scoring calls got changed last week. One that credited Napoli with an RBI. Funny how no faux outrage then.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

The sox, as a team, stink this year and ortiz is whining about his hits.  That's pretty sad.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.  

Eleanor Roosevelt

• You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:

The sox, as a team, stink this year and ortiz is whining about his hits.  That's pretty sad.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.  

Eleanor Roosevelt

I wonder  if he will hold a press conference to thank MLB for having his back and changing the error to a hit? He has been in baseball for years and knows the success of the appeals process.  Just have faith and let the wheels of justice turn.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

@PeteAbe the scorer at Fenway changed the call. not MLB

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to RSF4Life234's comment:

No Ortiz, no rings. 

No, those idiots ripping Ortiz still have rings in their bathtubs.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

[QUOTE]

Eleanor Roosevelt

QUOTE:

Having to keep seeing Eleanor Rooooosevelt's mantra is actually pretty sad.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:

[QUOTE]

Eleanor Roosevelt

QUOTE:

actually, seeing that you have 2045 posts in less than three months could be taken as sad too.

In response to steven11's comment:

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:

Eleanor Roosevelt

QUOTE:

actually, seeing that you have 2045 posts in less than three months could be taken as sad too.

Man, you're a nosey little mouse.

• Sections
    Shortcuts