David Ortiz, the king of the walkoff HR

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

David Ortiz, the king of the walkoff HR

Just sayin'
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQqLHxwMYzY
    Does anyone besides me think that #34 should never be worn by anyone else in a Red Sox uniform?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Re: David Ortiz, the king of the walkoff HR

I would have no problem with that. Papi is an iconic Red Sox player.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Re: David Ortiz, the king of the walkoff HR:
    [QUOTE]I would have no problem with that. Papi is an iconic Red Sox player.
    Posted by sindarin-erebor[/QUOTE]I think no one has ever meant more to the Boston Red Sox than David Ortiz. If he wasn't here in 2004 we don't even get by the Angels, not to mention the Yanquis. He has to go down as Theo's best signing ever.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE] #34 should never be worn by anyone else in a Red Sox uniform?                      I agree and if not never at least not for a very long time I heard they want to retire tito's number   but no one knows what it is
    Posted by pinstripezac[/QUOTE]That's funny zac. Didn't I send you a friend request?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

[QUOTE] #34 should never be worn by anyone else in a Red Sox uniform?                      I agree and if not never at least not for a very long time I heard they want to retire tito's number   but no one knows what it is
    Posted by pinstripezac[/QUOTE]

Maybe years from now they can honor Terry by just hanging up a pullover next to the other retired numbers.  Somebody like Bob Watson can then object to it.   

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

[QUOTE]I don't know carnie not sure how that works but   I'll  look around, thanks  wait a minute what if kim finds out ;-) EDIT : I found it thanks Somebody like Bob Watson can then object to it.                          lol S-R  

I appreciate the endorsement zac, but politically speaking, support from a Yankee troll, albeit a friendly, knowledgeable, and artistically gifted one, could compromise my position as sheriff on a Red Sox chatboard. 

Try to keep the accolades more low-key from now on. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]I don't know carnie not sure how that works but   I'll  look around, thanks  wait a minute what if kim finds out ;-) EDIT : I found it thanks Somebody like Bob Watson can then object to it.                          lol S-R  
    Posted by pinstripezac[/QUOTE]I have kind of a complicated relationship with kim. She's not afraid to speak her mind, which I really like. Unfortunately half the time speaking her mind with me means calling me a Yankee troll enabling tool.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]
    Posted by 2004Idiots[/QUOTE]Thanks for bumping my thread, but huh?

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Very good Zac! Seriously, what was his number, for real??Surprised

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Oh, and here's where David really saved our bacon.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPaUgXkYFX4&feature=related

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

I totally agree Carnie.I think the Sox should and will retire Big Papi's number when the time comes.His heroics in the 2004 postseason are legendary plus he's been a good ambassador for baseball,the Red Sox and the city of Boston.He's probably one of the most liked and respected players in the game.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

The Sox only retire numbers of players elected to the Hall of Fame.

It's possible Ortiz will get elected - although there is a bias against DHs.

I'd rather see the Sox sign him for 2 + 1 contract immediately after the WS.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]I totally agree Carnie.I think the Sox should and will retire Big Papi's number when the time comes.His heroics in the 2004 postseason are legendary plus he's been a good ambassador for baseball,the Red Sox and the city of Boston.He's probably one of the most liked and respected players in the game.
    Posted by mrmojo1120[/QUOTE]But... but jessey called him a whiney crybaby the other day. Surprised

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]The Sox only retire numbers of players elected to the Hall of Fame. It's possible Ortiz will get elected - although there is a bias against DHs. I'd rather see the Sox sign him for 2 + 1 contract immediately after the WS.
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost[/QUOTE]I'd like that too.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

One more
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJKYZ8rvfr8

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

David Ortiz needs to be brought back to the Red Sox. I guess that was my point.