David Price on twitter.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Re: David Price on twitter.....

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

In response to miscricket's comment:

Jbay, my queation is how LITTLE maturity must an athlete have to get into a crap throwing contest like that with fans? Its asinine. 

Whoa..hang on...do we really want to go down the road of criticizing opposing players for meltdowns?

Whoa, hang on, I dont care what road you want to go down. My OP says what I think. End of sotry.

Fair enough..but since you posted said OP on a discussion forum..that makes it fair game for...ummm..discussion ;-)

You can discuss all you want, its not going to change what I think.

Yikes...fair enough. #Sensitive

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

Jbay, my queation is how LITTLE maturity must an athlete have to get into a crap throwing contest like that with fans? Its asinine. 

The danger of instant social media. It was probably mostly out of frustration and the realization, that will be the last time he will pitch, this yearCool

I dont disagree Jbay, and I think you are exactly right. But you cant have that AND have the constant barrage of media comments about TB's greatness, pluck, leadership, and "wunder-kind" maturity. The play of Myers, the comments of Madden and now this from Price. Lets start to see them for what they actually are. You see any other team doing this? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Whoa..hang on...do we really want to go down the road of criticizing opposing players for meltdowns?

Whoa, hang on, I dont care what road you want to go down. My OP says what I think. End of sotry.

Fair enough..but since you posted said OP on a discussion forum..that makes it fair game for...ummm..discussion ;-)

You can discuss all you want, its not going to change what I think.

Yikes...fair enough. #Sensitive

Haha "Sensitive"? Youre new around these parts arent ya? Wink

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

The danger of instant social media. It was probably mostly out of frustration and the realization, that will be the last time he will pitch, this yearCool

I dont disagree Jbay, and I think you are exactly right. But you cant have that AND have the constant barrage of media comments about TB's greatness, pluck, leadership, and "wunder-kind" maturity. The play of Myers, the comments of Madden and now this from Price. Lets start to see them for what they actually are. You see any other team doing this? 

Maybe the pajama party didn't go well?!Tongue Out

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Maybe the pajama party didn't go well!?Tongue Out

Well, you know penguins can be very territorial and can administer a severe bite to interlopers!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to Pike-is-Harmless' comment:

Most School districts, companies, churches, high schools, and governments forbid their employees from going onto social media. It is time that MLB teams forbid all of the employees and players from going onto social media also. Of course, this will result in less food for those who like to start threads about such minutia.

Pike, go tweet about your greatness so J-Bay and I can start a thread about it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Price took a beat down it happens to all pitchers, comes w/ the territory. But those tweets are showing a little "onion skin" though.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Pretty much a non-story. Everyone has a meltdown on occasion..even the big competitors. His frustration was understandable and his comments were completely harmless. If a player is going to have a meltdown..I'd rather see a harmless twitter rant than something that could easily be far more damaging.

One bad game doesn't a bad pitcher make. Price is still a very respected and dangerous pitcher.

"It is not down in any map...trueplaces never are...." ( Melville)

Unless your name is David Ortiz.

Then your meltdowns are considered crimes against humanity.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

Pretty much a non-story. Everyone has a meltdown on occasion..even the big competitors. His frustration was understandable and his comments were completely harmless. If a player is going to have a meltdown..I'd rather see a harmless twitter rant than something that could easily be far more damaging.

One bad game doesn't a bad pitcher make. Price is still a very respected and dangerous pitcher.

man, based on some of his post-gamers, it's a good thing Beckett didn't have a Twitter account Tongue Out

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

LOL

Good point!

I love the smell of asphalt in the morning.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

man, based on some of his post-gamers, it's a good thing Beckett didn't have a Twitter account Tongue Out

Haha, yeah. #FatCat

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Sue me.

I love the smell of asphalt in the morning.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Clearly we are in Price's head and I don't think Moore would look forward to a G5 in Fenway against the same pitcher and same line up.....I think tonight will be a tighter game and perhaps decided by the pen.  Fine by me given Farrell can stick to his best relief arms for a long time tonight.

How many games have the Rays won due to their joke of a ball field?

I don't know why so many people praise Madden.  Even Remy does.  But.....I recall one of our brawls w/ TB years ago and Madden started throwing at guys and it was the most upset I may have ever seen Remy saying things like he doesn't respect Madden and he has no business being a big league manager...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

Price is a clown

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

DP is a DB

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from vcec. Show vcec's posts

I guess my only questionw would be, why is there a thread on this? Who cares what he said on twitter? #smallminds

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to The4040club's comment:

In response to andrewmitch's comment:

Clearly we are in Price's head and I don't think Moore would look forward to a G5 in Fenway against the same pitcher and same line up.....I think tonight will be a tighter game and perhaps decided by the pen.  Fine by me given Farrell can stick to his best relief arms for a long time tonight.

How many games have the Rays won due to their joke of a ball field?

I don't know why so many people praise Madden.  Even Remy does.  But.....I recall one of our brawls w/ TB years ago and Madden started throwing at guys and it was the most upset I may have ever seen Remy saying things like he doesn't respect Madden and he has no business being a big league manager...

Madden deserves respect for putting a team into the post season on the fraction of the cost on what others teams need to spend to get there. 

Playing in fenway in the post season is a lot different than the regular part.  A lot of credit goes to the fans.  Like Ortiz the Fenway fans are post season veterans and know how to rattle pitchers and players.

Andrew Freeman deserves more credit

Madden seems to be more of a Frat House Dad than anything else.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to vcec's comment:

I guess my only questionw would be, why is there a thread on this? Who cares what he said on twitter? #smallminds

I guess my only question is why not? Apparently HE cares because he had to backpeddle and post appolgies and start calling people about it. His manager commented on it, and it reflects on his entire team. If Jon Lester had gotten shelled and did that, every Rays fan in the country (including Dickey Vitale) would have been yakking it up. Its sports news that directly effects the current playoff series, and goes directly as evidence for what Ive been saying about the Rays for ages, and especially lately. I can see how a Rays fan would be embarrassed and not want a thread started about it or more light cast on it though, and would try to take the "higher road" and claim its a non-story while trying to word their objections in such a way as to appear more mature and large minded--as we saw on here last night. As retaliation, they can start a thread about Ortiz' presser incident from last year. Er, wait, that was also an immature rant from a player on a team that sucked. Time to grow up and get back to winning pro baseball games. #lamefans Which is why the Sox have GOT to win this game tonight. Give them no idea at all that they might come back. Black flag.

Sections
Shortcuts