DAVID PRICE or Giancarlo STANTON? who would you want the SOX to most trade for?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lasitter. Show lasitter's posts

Neither. No mega-deals ...

Pitchers seem too brittle / mercurial to give up the farm for any one of them.

I favor development from within and lots of small trades with players plus cash considerations to develop top of the rotation starters over time from a large field of talent.

I wish we could develop all our starters like Lester and Buck.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lasitter. Show lasitter's posts

Neither. No mega-deals ...

The board is glitching on me. Sorry.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Re: DAVID PRICE or Giancarlo STANTON? who would you want the SOX to most trade for?

Price isn't an option coming from the same division.

a better target would be Yovani Gallardo from the Brewers. he is an Ace and the Brewers have been considering trading him. a recent DUI might promt them to actually put him on the market.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

Re: DAVID PRICE or Giancarlo STANTON? who would you want the SOX to most trade for?

In response to Bill-806's comment:

David Price.......  I would give them, DREW, ACEVES & throw in BECKETT$ too !!!

you'd have to throw in Ortiz too

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

The young stud ace over the hitter any day.  You can get hitting from any of 9+ players each day, but there is only 1 starter each day.  Pitching means consistently in games.  Hitting means blowouts each way.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Soooo realistic ... BTW, did U check with the Dodgers on Beckett? Your reputation precedes you.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

Soooo realistic ... BTW, did U check with the Dodgers on Beckett? Your reputation precedes you.

You must admit,  I do have a sense of humor !!!!!

Some don't get it bill

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

i would say stanton out of the two, chances are the rays wouldnt trade price to the sox anyways. stanton is 23, right handed and has huge huge power. he could easily hit 40+ in fenway.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

STANTON!  We got lots of good pitching depth coming up and we can always buy in a number 1.  Stanton is younger and a sure  middle of the order bat.  Him and Bogaerts could possibly end up being one of the most feared 3-4 guys.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

STANTON!  We got lots of good pitching depth coming up and we can always buy in a number 1.  Stanton is younger and a sure  middle of the order bat.  Him and Bogaerts could possibly end up being one of the most feared 3-4 guys.

Aces don't really make it to free agency anymore.

But, this Stanton kid is too irresistable to turn down for Price.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

Aces don't really make it to free agency anymore.

But, this Stanton kid is too irresistable to turn down for Price.

That does seem to be the recent trend.  I normally would take the pitcher over the hitter.  But Stanton I suspect would bethe second coming of Manny. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from M1A2. Show M1A2's posts

The five starters I want Cherington to go after are Buchholz, Lester, Dempster, Doubront, and Lackey.  Why?  Because those five plus Aceves and the bullpen have the lowest ERA in the AL. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to M1A2's comment:

The five starters I want Cherington to go after are Buchholz, Lester, Dempster, Doubront, and Lackey.  Why?  Because those five plus Aceves and the bullpen have the lowest ERA in the AL. 

Funny!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

Stanton. When won 2 Series in 4 years we had Papi & Manny back to back. Struck FEAR in hearts of pitchers , especially relievers.

And Tampa's not letting Price go anywhere ; especially not here.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Baseball analysts say Stanton will draw more trade value than Price if they hit the market at the same time.  But I don't think that's the case for the Red Sox.  Since Price pitches in the same division, Sox will have to give up more to get Price than Stanton.  I pick Stanton.  

Sections
Shortcuts