David Ross tells it like it is

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

David Ross tells it like it is

David Ross is giving an interview right now on weei.  He speaks the world of Dempster and says this is a fun team to come to work to.  He says that the front office got rid of all "a-holes" before the beginning of last season.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

Re: David Ross tells it like it is

so Mr. Ross knew who the "a-holes" were on the 2012 team all the way from Atlanta????

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

so Mr. Ross knew who the "a-holes" were on the 2012 team all the way from Atlanta????

[/QUOTE]

Yea, it is tough to follow the rest of MLB when in Atlanta.  What was Ross thinking with that remark. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Where's BILL ranting and raving about a Sox player mouthing off?

Oh, I forgot, only Papi is worthy of such scorn.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well, Ross wasn't ranting and not talking about contracts.  When asked if he'll ask now for an extension like other players, Ross replied that other players have earned the right to ask.  He went on to say that he will work toward another ws and then ask because he wants to stay a sox because this is the best team he has ever played on.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

All the players know exactly what other teams have as far as the players and their personalities. It is not like the 50's when everyone played for one team.

you also have players working out at the same facilities so they know other players.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

All the players know exactly what other teams have as far as the players and their personalities. It is not like the 50's when everyone played for one team.

you also have players working out at the same facilities so they know other players.

[/QUOTE]

Ross is also a catcher which puts him up close and personal with players from other teams.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't see how this can be such a great clubhouse, with that hot head, Ortiz, in there.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't see how this can be such a great clubhouse, with that hot head, Ortiz, in there.

[/QUOTE] and don't forget your team's resident "thug" Tongue OutWink

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] and don't forget your team's resident "thug" Tongue OutWink

LOL Yup.

A team filled with whiners and malcontents!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to steven11's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ross is also a catcher which puts him up close and personal with players from other teams.

[/QUOTE]

true and all good points.  i just think that particular comment should not have been made by someone that wasn't even on the Boston Red Sox in 2012.  would love to see him cross paths with Beckett or A-Gon to hear what they have to say to Mr. Ross.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

So yesterday, Ortiz makes it clear he is happy here, doesn't want more money, doesn't want to discuss his contract basically everything the Ortiz whiners have been asking him to do...and what do you see today... The Ortiz bashers still whining. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

my bad.  Ross is white so he can say stupid stuff to the media and use curse words with zero backlash. 

duh. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

[QUOTE]

my bad.  Ross is white so he can say stupid stuff to the media and use curse words with zero backlash. 

duh. 

[/QUOTE]

that is a very stupid comment.  Did you hear the interview?  He was dropping hints about Beckett and a few guys with long contracts who did not like playing in Boston. Like ortiz and his contract, he did not bring it up and was asked.  He went to the mattresses for david ortiz stating that some players earned the right to ask for an extension, and he made it very clear that he has not earned the right.  Most would rather concentrate on the ortiz part of ross' comments rather than the Josh beckett part.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

[QUOTE]

duh. 

[/QUOTE]

+1

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

duh. 

[/QUOTE]

that is a very stupid comment.  Did you hear the interview?  He was dropping hints about Beckett and a few guys with long contracts who did not like playing in Boston. Like ortiz and his contract, he did not bring it up and was asked.  He went to the mattresses for david ortiz stating that some players earned the right to ask for an extension, and he made it very clear that he has not earned the right.  Most would rather concentrate on the ortiz part of ross' comments rather than the Josh beckett part.

[/QUOTE]

thank you steven, i do try.

i did not hear the interview.  i did not hear the Ortiz interview either.  but what i do know is that from reading this forum....ortiz is "uppity" and ross is "telling it like it is".

although both were simply answering a reporter (or reporters) question(s).

ortiz = wrong / ross = right

ortiz = whiner / ross = telling it like it is

got it.

sort of like:

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

[QUOTE]

duh. 

[/QUOTE]

What does being white have to do with it? Race has nothing to do with his comments. Especially if you look at the guys they let go only Crawford was black the others were all white.

you are reaching for an argument.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

duh. 

[/QUOTE]

What does being white have to do with it? Race has nothing to do with his comments. Especially if you look at the guys they let go only Crawford was black the others were all white.

[/QUOTE]

Jim.  you clearly miss the point of my posts in this thread. 

my comments are specifically aimed at perception of comments by media & posters on this board.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

duh. 

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

i did not hear the interview.  i did not hear the Ortiz interview either.  but what i do know is that from reading this forum....ortiz is "uppity" and ross is "telling it like it is".

got it.

sort of like:

[/QUOTE]
    That does not make either wrong in their comments. It says more of the fans who interpret the comments and places their perceptions on the two different players. Maybe they are using the white vs black perception??? 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

duh. 

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

got it.

sort of like:

[/QUOTE]
    That does not make either wrong in their comments. It says more of the fans who interpret the comments and places their perceptions on the two different players. Maybe they are using the white vs black perception??? 

[/QUOTE]

yes sir.  this is the point i was trying to convey. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

duh. 

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

got it.

sort of like:

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

yes sir.  this is the point i was trying to convey. 

[/QUOTE]

Then re read your comment "my bad" it appears to be YOUR belief not that of the media and a continuation of your other comments.

i agree with the media and some fans          just be more explicit in your comments.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The player love big Papi. 

He's not a "hot head".

He's a hero and a legend who speaks his mind.

Just ebcause you want everyone to be meek and mild and accepting of everything, doesn't mean someone who is not like you is a problem to his teammates.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

duh. 

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You can bet if Papi had said what Ross said, BILL and a few others would have started 13 threads about it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

moon, i think bbbb was being sarcastic.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The player love big Papi. 

He's not a "hot head".

He's a hero and a legend who speaks his mind.

Just ebcause you want everyone to be meek and mild and accepting of everything, doesn't mean someone who is not like you is a problem to his teammates.

[/QUOTE] Moon, i'm pretty sure 4B's label of hot head was sarcastic/TIC