David says he's sorry.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

David says he's sorry.

“I apologize for the incident,” he said. “The frustration coming out the other day, I mean, this year has already been very frustrating. Sorry, but my career has been based on results, and when you don’t see it it’s not like they give you a free pass. When I’m not hitting all people talk about is why he’€™s not hitting. So when you think you’ve got something and that situation happens, you get frustrated. But it’s not like you have anything personal with anybody.

“MLB is what we are. Joe Torre and everybody, the scorekeeper and everybody, I feel like I owe them an apology because of the way things come up. It shouldn’t be like that. On the other hand, hopefully things get better.”

www.bostonglobe.com/sports/...david-ortiz.../story.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

Re: David says he's sorry.

exactly.  good on you david.

now we can get back to all the stephen drew threads and how he wasted 10.1MM dollars......

other names i have posted under:  none

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Good for him for issuing the apology.

Listen..I don't doubt he is frustrated. Even he must feel like he crossed the line this time with both his on the field outburst as well as the media outburst.

You have to respect him for admitting he was wrong and doing something about it...no matter what brought him to that point.

It's kind of funny that the scorer changed the call on his own. I am sure it's not often that the fielder and the batter agree on what a call should have been.

Added to that...Ortiz has enough experience with the process to know that all he had to do was have someone make the phone call ...which is why his outburst seemed in poor taste.

Also to add..Ortiz seems concerned that people are bashing him on a regular basis because he's not hitting .300. Who are these people because I haven't seen it anywhere. The media and the pundits bash the offense as a whole...and most everyone is singled out but Ortiz.

"It is not down in any map...trueplaces never are...." ( Melville)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

now we can get back to all the stephen drew threads and how he wasted 10.1MM dollars......

[/QUOTE]

How many Steven Drew threads are there now? I lost count a long time ago.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

Also to add..Ortiz seems concerned that people are bashing him on a regular basis because he's not hitting .300. Who are these people because I haven't seen it anywhere. The media and the pundits bash the offense as a whole...and most everyone is singled out but Ortiz.

Heee heeee..... I wonder.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

LOL, slash.

How many of us have said  or reacted to something personally or professionally, we regretted and glad it wasn't public? No one here, who's critical of Ortiz, apparently. He's seen the errors of his ways, apologized and it still wont be enough, for some

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

How many of us have said  or reacted to something personally or professionally, we regretted and glad it wasn't public? No one here, who's critical of Ortiz, apparently. He's seen the errors of his ways, apologized and it still wont be enough, for some

[/QUOTE]

The real haters will use comments like "If Torre didn't speak out, they'd be no apology."

Nothing Ortiz says or does will be good enough for those haters til the day Ortiz retires, then they'll be the superfan on the day he retires.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

[QUOTE]

LOL, slash.

[/QUOTE]

Won't be enough for WHO exactly?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

LOL, slash.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

no one, exactly, miscrickets. Some, as in some 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

LOL, slash.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Okay..just wondering..because of your previous comment. You stated that no one here who is critical of Ortiz has probably ever said or done something personally or professionally that they are glad wasn't public. Since I have been critical of Ortiz' "off the field" antics..I thought maybe you were referring to people like me.

FTR...personally...I say and do things on a fairly regular basis which I am glad are not public..lol. (though I imagine it would make a pretty good sitcom)...but professionally?? Never once. I pride myself on my professional demeanor . In my professional world there is no room for temper or outbursts.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

LOL, slash.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Okay..just wondering..because of your previous comment. You stated that no one here who is critical of Ortiz has probably ever said or done something personally or professionally that they are glad wasn't public. Since I have been critical of Ortiz' "off the field" antics..I thought maybe you were referring to people like me.

FTR...personally...I say and do things on a fairly regular basis which I am glad are not public..lol. (though I imagine it would make a pretty good sitcom)...but professionally?? Never once. I pride myself on my professional demeanor . In my professional world there is no room for temper or outbursts.

[/QUOTE]

That's not what I meant. I asked how many of us, as a talking point. My point is, it's human to error, he apologized and that still won't be enough, for some. There is already a post, the only reason he apologized is because of Torre's statement. Can't win, for losing. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

LOL, slash.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

JBay:  This is baseball we are talking about.  It is the ultimate reality show and we all pay to see it, whether thru cable or tickets.  You need to relax with the soap opera Ortiz comments.  Yes, he said he was sorry but not until Torre spanked him in public. 

I am glad he is on our team, isn't that enough? 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

LOL, slash.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes, no one wants drama at work.  it takes away from production and eats up the clock.  I save the drama for twitter where people can unfollow me if they don't like my comments.  But there are those who I annoy who still read my every tweet.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to steven11's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

LOL, slash.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

JBay:  This is baseball we are talking about.  It is the ultimate reality show and we all pay to see it, whether thru cable or tickets.  You need to relax with the soap opera Ortiz comments.  Yes, he said he was sorry but not until Torre spanked him in public. 

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

No one is more over the top here than you and the rest of the torch and pitchfork crew.

So, how about you relax a little.

If you want Ortiz on the team, you sure do a good job of hiding it.

And I'm not the only one who's told you that.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

LOL, slash.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes, no one wants drama at work.  it takes away from production and eats up the clock.  I save the drama for twitter where people can unfollow me if they don't like my comments.  But there are those who I annoy who still read my every tweet.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

All two of them?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

LOL, slash.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

All two of them?

[/QUOTE]

Actually 4b, I like your answer.  That means you aren't reading my twitter account like your friend.  There is hope for you yet.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Probably because that is the BS statement of the year.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]

LOL, slash.

[/QUOTE]

What's the fact it's baseball have to do with any of it? The players can't do or say something they regret, and if and when they apologize, its only because there's an ulterior motive? You've been trashing Ortiz long before you were here under this screen name, so I'm not so sure, you really are 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

LOL, slash.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

All two of them?

[/QUOTE]

Actually 4b, I like your answer.  That means you aren't reading my twitter account like your friend.  There is hope for you yet.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

How many of those accounts do you have?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

[/QUOTE]

How many of those accounts do you have?

[/QUOTE]

Haaa haaa!

One for each hand.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

David is producing the big hits - he shouldnt sweat the small stuff....but the ball washers here who supported his rants no matter how embarrassing owe an apology as well - you cant teach common sense apparently

As always - 100% correct!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to georom4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

David is producing the big hits - he shouldnt sweat the small stuff....but the ball washers here who supported his rants no matter how embarrassing owe an apology as well - you cant teach common sense apparently

[/QUOTE]

You are too funny and you don't post enough.  Now that Ortiz has apologized, I guess that would be an admission of guilt and that he was wrong with his thumb down and back comment?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You are too funny and you don't post enough.  Now that Ortiz has apologized, I guess that would be an admission of guilt and that he was wrong with his thumb down and back comment?

This year has been way busy for me = teaching, going to school - now that im off i have the my kids and 87 yr old Italian ma living with me...but the sad fact is the Sox are just not that interesting - you know when you're looking forward to the trade deadline that things are stale in the Nation...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

I'm pretty sure everyone thought it was a dumb move on David's part.

The disagreement stems from how big a deal some made of it.

So, no apology is forthcoming.

S**ks to be you.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

Gerom:

No they are not that interesting.  JBJ has a nice fan club out in the bleachers.  Nap can be exciting to watch and his quiet demeanor is nice.

One thing that makes it dull is the absence of jacoby and his "over-rated" base stealing.

Sections
Shortcuts