De La Rosa and Sands

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

De La Rosa and Sands

How come nowhere do I see any mention about these guys? Shell out big bucks for Dempster when you have De La Rosa in the wings. He's a big league pitcher, and was highly thought of by the Dodgers organization. I figured he'd be penciled in behind Doubront in the rotation. He's not a bullpen guy, he's a starter.  But I have heard nothing, like he doesn't exist.

Sands, well, let the Napoli deal die, and put him a first. He lit up AAA ABQ the last half of the season. But he gets thrown aside in favor of a guy who now has a hip problem? What's wrong with theses guys? Lets trade for them, and then let them rot in the system. If that's what they are gonna do, then trade them to someone who will play them, more so in De La Rosa's case. He's big league ready and it does nothing for him to rot in AAA. 

Just my thoughts..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Re: De La Rosa and Sands

In response to AFNAV130's comment:
    [QUOTE]

How come nowhere do I see any mention about these guys? Shell out big bucks for Dempster when you have De La Rosa in the wings. He's a big league pitcher, and was highly thought of by the Dodgers organization. I figured he'd be penciled in behind Doubront in the rotation. He's not a bullpen guy, he's a starter.  But I have heard nothing, like he doesn't exist.

Sands, well, let the Napoli deal die, and put him a first. He lit up AAA ABQ the last half of the season. But he gets thrown aside in favor of a guy who now has a hip problem? What's wrong with theses guys? Lets trade for them, and then let them rot in the system. If that's what they are gonna do, then trade them to someone who will play them, more so in De La Rosa's case. He's big league ready and it does nothing for him to rot in AAA. 

Just my thoughts..

[/QUOTE]

RDLR is coming out of TJS he is now ready to have a workload put on him. he will start the year off in AAA and be one of the first guys to be slotted into the roto.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

In response to mef429's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Just my thoughts..

[/QUOTE]

RDLR is coming out of TJS he is now ready to have a workload put on him. he will start the year off in AAA and be one of the first guys to be slotted into the roto.

[/QUOTE]

I thought about that. My fear is they won't bring him up. You don't need Dempster if you plan on bringing him up. A stop gap 5 starter is all you need.  The problem is he's NEVER mentioned. At all. Or maybe he's too young, gotta be 25 before he's ready?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Just my thoughts..

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I thought about that. My fear is they won't bring him up. You don't need Dempster if you plan on bringing him up. A stop gap 5 starter is all you need.  The problem is he's NEVER mentioned. At all. Or maybe he's too young, gotta be 25 before he's ready?

[/QUOTE]

we'll see. they have no reason NOT to use him. seeing as we need pitching and he could be a good SP in the future..

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Jerry Sands is in the Joel Hanrahan trade talks, according to ESPN's Jim Bowden, citing Jon Heyman of CBS Sports:

https://twitter.com/JimBowdenESPNxm/status/282586584958775296

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Enter Sands man

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to pinstripezac's comment:
    [QUOTE]

in De La Rosa's case.

He's big league ready and it does nothing for him to rot in AAA. 

like mef said

it's about the innings

U don't want 2 go the nats /stratburg  way

plus odds favor that he does need some time in the minors

how many innings does he have the last 2 yrs ?  50 ?

[/QUOTE]

(2011 + 2012) 61 in the majors plus about 43 in the minors. He had 110 in the minors in 2010.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Keep in mind that it is the Red Sox practice to "overcook" their young ones, then send them away for "has beens" !!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Keep in mind that it is the Red Sox practice to "overcook" their young ones, then send them away for "has beens" !!!

[/QUOTE]

You mean like Pedroia, Ellsbury, Lester, Buchholz, Middlebrooks, Tazawa, Lavarnaway, Bard, Doubront and Morales? Your level of baseball acumen sometimes astounds me Bill.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to carnie's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You mean like Pedroia, Ellsbury, Lester, Buchholz, Middlebrooks, Tazawa, Lavarnaway, Bard, Doubront and Morales? Your level of baseball acumen sometimes astounds me Bill.

[/QUOTE]  Only when they are forced in to bringing up the utes !!!

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to carnie's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He might root for the RS, but he certainly doesn't follow them.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Like who?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]

Just my thoughts..

[/QUOTE]

Very few teams get awaY without using a # 6/7/8.  Let's put it this way, if you don't see DLR this year, he's either toast, or we're probably not missing many starts from our rotation.

IRT Sands, the LAD had plenty of opportunity to use him last year.  Loney was pretty bad, but they didn't give Sands a shot at 1B.  They gave Rivera 339 PAs last year, traded for a pretty bad Abreu and gave him 230 PAs. then finally traded for Victorino.  If the LAD completely buried the guy, they must have a reason.

I'd like, barring injury, to see DLR with 5 or so starts with us this year, and up for good in 2014. Sands, imho, should serve as trade bait.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Just my thoughts..

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

MEF Sands has a very slow bat and thats his issue. Webster is shakey and De La Risa is coming back from elbow surgery.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

[QUOTE]

Just my thoughts..

[/QUOTE]

You will see RDLR in Boston this year, for sure.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

Just my thoughts..

[/QUOTE]

RDLR needs to get his legs back under him after having TJS in 2011. He didnt throw that many innings after returning late this year. I think giving him most of the year in AAA is a smart move to build his stamina back and regain the "feel" for his pitches.

Sands is basically a bench guy. The PCL inflates offesnsive numbers and sands' offense hasnt translated good at the MLB level. Hes got a long, slow swing and gets fooled easily with off speed stuff. Not a great defender either.

I agree we need 1b depth, and theres still a possibility that the Sox try and acquire Sanchez or Jones in the Hanrahan deal by adding more players.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

Wow, I think thats the most that these guys have been discussed. Ever. While Sands is now gone (big mistake IMO especially for Hanrahan), there is no way RDLR needs more AAA seasoning.  His arm was fine to come up last July.  His arm is most definately fine by now. Nevermind by mid February. Should have put him in the rotation. Arms are good, but an arm like his is a mid to top of the rotation guy.  I can only imagine what Farrell will be able to do with him.  Better than having someone in AAA teaching him. And as at worst a fifth starter, you can afford to bring him up. 

I feel baseball is backwards. I don't want anyone over 30 signed by the team. Unless its a can't miss, truly great player (Ortiz, Manny etc) then they don't need to be on the team.  If someone is 22 or so, bring them up.  I would also bet most players that could be above average (but not great) regress in the minors. Pitching isn't that good across the board and hitters aren't as good across the board. Not the consistency that you get at the big league level.  

As far as the Sox not bringing up the prospects, they do it about as much as most MLB teams, which isn't enough. Remember, they wanted Middlebrooks in AAA last year, but Bobby V said hell no. He's ready. "He's a year away" is what eveyone said. Hmm, saying that about a lot of others as well. Boegarts, JBJr, RDLR etc. Not hard to figure out..

Good discussion, and again, just my thoughts..

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]

Just my thoughts..

[/QUOTE]

De La Rosa might surprise a few and make team out of ST.. This guy can pitch.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

In response to donrd4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

De La Rosa might surprise a few and make team out of ST.. This guy can pitch.

[/QUOTE]

I'll be hugely disappointed if he doesn't make the team out of S/T

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I would love to see RDLR pitch. He was still working on gaining his velocity and feel for his pitches last year. I would think he still has some work to do. If hes crazy good in ST, Id have to consider something. Unless its a Mike Trout, Harper or Strasburg type prospect They should keep them in the minors to fully develop and have them under control through as many prime years as possible.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I would love to see RDLR pitch. He was still working on gaining his velocity and feel for his pitches last year. I would think he still has some work to do. If hes crazy good in ST, Id have to consider something. Unless its a Mike Trout, Harper or Strasburg type prospect They should keep them in the minors to fully develop and have them under control through as many prime years as possible.

[/QUOTE]

yeah. if someone goes down i think he will the one to be called on. if a guy needs a rest or whatever then it will probably morales.

when the pawsox come into town you can bet i will be there to get a glimpse of our future stars!

Sections
Shortcuts