De La Rosa and Webster

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

De La Rosa and Webster

I am not one to get excited based on Spring training outings, but getting 23 YO and a 24 YO pitching prospects, who can throw 99+MPH in that Dodger deal, while shedding all that dead money was an impressive feat. I look forward to the opportunity of seeing these guys pitch in the majors. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: De La Rosa and Webster

God bless the Dodgers, indeed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Its only game 1 of ST, but its sure a solid 1st impression on our return in the LAD deal...Webster will probably be more in the 94MPH area when he pitches. He knew he was only going a couple innings, so Im sure he "let it fly"...Still, very impressive outings from both guys. Oh, and dont forget about Steven Wright who also had an impressive showing. Not as young(28), but another solid deal made by Ben for 1b Lars Anderson.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Tom, watched a clip on BB tonight, Delarosa throws some cheese..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:

would thst be "stinky cheese"...with hair

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Rubby reached 100 and Webster reached 99 today.  hot stuff from the young ones... 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

How has Ben C not been brought up on criminal charges?  I know these are just prospects, but the talent is there.  I thought this was a great trade just for the Salary dump.  Of course I'm preaching to the choir here as we all pretty much loved this trade......there were a couple bad apples though.  I wonder what they think of the August trade now. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

I'm waiting for softy and alibiike to recant their "farm scraps" tirades.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

In response to tomnev's comment:

I am not one to get excited based on Spring training outings, but getting 23 YO and a 24 YO pitching prospects, who can throw 99+MPH in that Dodger deal, while shedding all that dead money was an impressive feat. I look forward to the opportunity of seeing these guys pitch in the majors. 

exactly, not much more to add you said it all

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

LOL...at that speed, i'd call it 5 day old meunster :-)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

Young pitching looking good.  A team can never get enough young starting pitching no matter where they might come from.

There is a long way to go before any of these young guys make a mark in the major leagues, but today was certainly a place to start.

I certainly like seeing stuff like this much more than watching a guy like Beckett "get his work in".

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

I love it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

The Dodger system has developed some fine starting pitchers over the years, maybe we should keep trying to raid team's farm systems like theirs.

That Dodger trade may just end up being the best Sox deal of my lifetime.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

The Dodger system has developed some fine starting pitchers over the years, maybe we should keep trying to raid team's farm systems like theirs.

It would have to be awfully good to beat Pedro for a bunch of nobodies or Derek Lowe and Jason Varitek for Heathcliff (Gas Can) Slocumb.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

It would have to be awfully good to beat Pedro for a bunch of nobodies or Derek Lowe and Jason Varitek for Heathcliff (Gas Can) Slocumb.

Yup. Those two trades were definitely the best Sox trades I've seen.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

Yup. Those two trades were definitely the best Sox trades I've seen.

my personal favorite was Sanchez/HanRam for Lowell/Beckett. That tandem was 07 ALCS MVP and WS MVP (although i don't agree with Lowell as the WS MVP because Jacoby had a better series than him... but i think it is an unwritten rule that you don't make the rookie WS MVP -let alone a late season callup). Still, Beckett willed us through that ALCS and Lowell was a fantastic player throughout his time here..

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I wouldn't say Pavano and Armas Jr were "nobodies", but that trade was a steal. So was the VTek & Lowe deal. 

The reason I am calling this the possible best deal of my generation is that not only might DLR and/or Webster turn into an ace, but the $200M plus saved by dumping mostly deadwood can provide players over the next 5 years that may lead us to the promiseland.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

That is exactly my thinking Moon....if DeLarosa and Webster turned out to be a #4 starter and a Middle reliever, I and I think most Sox fans will still like the Dodger deal, because of the shedding of the dollars, which changes the way the team can address the future....if they both turn into #1 or a #2..wow.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

I wouldn't say Pavano and Armas Jr were "nobodies", but that trade was a steal. So was the VTek & Lowe deal. 

The reason I am calling this the possible best deal of my generation is that not only might DLR and/or Webster turn into an ace, but the $200M plus saved by dumping mostly deadwood can provide players over the next 5 years that may lead us to the promiseland.

Theo really made a mess of this team at the end didn't he? Although to be fair we do need to give him credit for Bogaerts, Bradley Jr. and Barnes.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

reminds me of Bard's freshman year at UNC...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In response to seannybboi's comment:

Rubby reached 100 and Webster reached 99 today.  hot stuff from the young ones... 

TJ surgery may have helped Rubby's speed ... thereby US!

I agree, very excited!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Thats why I dont think they were too worried with adding more pirching prospects for the future. I believe they thought they got their christmas shopping done early.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

yeah, hes got some nasty stuff Jete. If he can harness his control, hes going to be lights out.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Thats why I dont think they were too worried with adding more pirching prospects for the future. I believe they thought they got their christmas shopping done early.

So many good pitching prospects never pan out. The more the better.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Of course there was some risk given the TJ surgery, but I couldn't understand why more people weren't more excited about the acquisition of de La Rosa.  This kid was the #1 Can't Miss pitching prospect in a system full of can't miss prospects, until an early up and down call-up (in unfamiliar middle-relief territory) and a shredded elbow detoured his ascent.  

Sections
Shortcuts