Deal Ace???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lasitter. Show lasitter's posts

Deal Ace???

With Bucks continuing injury issues, and Lesters swoon + hip problems, I'm thinking that we may need him as much as any other team for the time being ...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: Deal Ace???

Lester is fine...http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2013/06/27/jon-lester-not-concerned-with-hip-injury-after-strong-outing/qhd2rmugUQgUW6hs2FG7IN/story.html

Aceves has been great in his role this year. He has one more arb year left and could have some value. With Morales back on the DL though, I dont think he goes anywhere. Webster is still not done developing, but has learned a lot in his 3 starts in Boston. Hopefully hes ready in 2014 to start here FT.

I agree that right now we need Ace as much as the next team. I guess it depends on what teams offer us for him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

Any deal involving Aceves would demand a viable and immediately usable starter in return .Buchholz unreliable until proven otherwise; and Lester, last night's first 7 I.P. notwithstanding, is still a question mark.

Heck, right now John Lackey is our ace. ( Who'd of ever thunk it ? ) Unless and until Webster or perhaps one of Workman / DeLa Rosa / or even Ranaudo ( unlikely) demonstrates major league competence & reliability, Aceves remains the " devil we know ".

Always remember the lesson of Bronson Arroyo. Regarding possible acquistions , Lee too costly, Gallardo / Norris not significant improvements, Garza I've heard is undesirable from team cohesion standpoint and has underwhelming recent history.

So strengthen bullpen ! Crain, Cishek, Betancourt, etc.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Personally with the way Rubby has pitched the last 5-6 outings they will have all they can do to keep him at AAA. He seems to be as ready as he can be.

Anyone have any idea what's happening with Mort he was ready to come off the DL earlier in the week. Is he back on the DL?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:

Personally with the way Rubby has pitched the last 5-6 outings they will have all they can do to keep him at AAA. He seems to be as ready as he can be.

Anyone have any idea what's happening with Mort he was ready to come off the DL earlier in the week. Is he back on the DL?

I think Rubby will be with the team this year maybe in the pen if Buch and Lester can stay healthy rest of the season.  Rubby is streching out his innings down at the Pawtucket so I guess he might get called up very soon after his next or 2 starts.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:

They send Beato down the other night and activated Mort from the DL. Hes in the pen, ready to go.

Im not sure what the innings limit is on RDLR this year Mad. Hes at 55IP so far and has looked strong the last 2 starts. Id rather see him a few more starts because his control isnt as consistent as it needs to be. The last 2 games he has had 0 walks, but the 6 games before that he has walked 17 batters. Considering he was pitching 4-5 innings in those games (27IP), thats not good.

I still think he might make a better closer, but I wouldnt quite give up on him as a starter just yet. They still could use him out of the pen this year though, because of the low innings he is on this year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Unless we trade for a starter, Ace stays here.

Sox4ever

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lasitter. Show lasitter's posts

I'd really like to see more of the younger talent that we have control over longer,  and I'm a bit surprised that Bailey hasn't developed an injury to create more space for one.

How many more chances do we give him before he's dealt?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to lasitter's comment:

I'd really like to see more of the younger talent that we have control over longer,  and I'm a bit surprised that Bailey hasn't developed an injury to create more space for one.

How many more chances do we give him before he's dealt?

There would def be teams that take a chance on him. One more year of control left at a reasonable price for a former ROTY, 2 time AS closer has value. I think we have the internal options to replace him. The question is...Can Uehara handle the workload? And if not, who can? Taz has awful numbers against RHH this year and looks nothing like he did last year. Miller is hit or miss. They have a closer in AAA, Chris Martin, who might just be the man. Have to give him a shot though.

I know they are hesitant to get rid of Bailey, but if the right deal comes along......

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

To tell you the truth, I would rather have Aceves spot starting tonight rather than Webster. Josh Johnson against Webster seems like a complete mismatch.

Sections
Shortcuts