Deal or No Deal:The Rockies would like third baseman Will Middlebrooks and pitcher Antony Ranaudo for Jimenez

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from -EdithBunker-. Show -EdithBunker-'s posts

Deal or No Deal:The Rockies would like third baseman Will Middlebrooks and pitcher Antony Ranaudo for Jimenez

by Troy E. Renck/Denver Post

SAN DIEGO — Ubaldo Jimenez never thought it would come to this. When he jogs onto the mound tonight at Petco Park, it could be for the last time as a Rockie.

"I am human. Of course I think about it," Jimenez said.

The Tigers and Indians aggressively pursued Jimenez on Friday, with the Yankees and www.denverpost.com/rockies/ci_18582896#" class=" snap_noshots">Red Sox lurking, ready to pounce if the price comes down. The Rockies haven't changed their demands, asking for a minimum of three players — two top prospects, one of which must be a pitcher.

"I know it's a business. It's not easy," Jimenez said. "I will just keep working hard."

The Indians were willing to discuss top pitcher Drew Pomeranz, considered the future anchor of their big-league rotation. The Tigers, according to a Fox report, are prepared to part with top minor-league arm Justin Turner. The two face each other in Double-A today.

Those names will keep talks going but don't guarantee a deal. The Rockies are seeking quality and quantity. The Yankees and Red Sox were quiet Friday, but have the resources to move quickly before Sunday's 2 p.m. deadline.

The Rockies and Yankees disagree on Jimenez's present-day value — he's an ace for Colorado, a No. 2 or 3 starter for New York. As such, New York won't part with two top arms. They appear willing to include catcher www.denverpost.com/rockies/ci_18582896#" class=" snap_noshots">Jesus Montero or Dellin Betances, but not both. Fireballer Manuel Banuelos remains off-limits.

The Rockies would like third baseman Will Middlebrooks and pitcher Antony Ranaudo from Boston.

It has been a difficult stretch for his Jimenez, even though manager Jim Tracy said he's "handled it as professionally as you could ever expect."

Jimenez is disappointed with his performance, but the questions about his character have been unnerving. Jimenez reiterated Friday that he should have pitched in winter ball — "I was going to do it, but my team Licey didn't make the playoffs," he said.

He dismissed New York media speculation that he has a poor relationship with Rockies pitching coach www.denverpost.com/rockies/ci_18582896#" class=" snap_noshots">Bob Apodaca.

"Why do people say this when it's not true? Bob helped me get to where I am in my career," said Jimenez, who has $17.95 million remaining on his contract, though the 2014 club option is voided if he's traded. "It really is unbelievable."

Jimenez is on the clock. Even he doesn't know what will happen next.

"All I can do is wait. It's out of my control," Jimenez said.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: Deal or No Deal:The Rockies would like third baseman Will Middlebrooks and pitcher Antony Ranaudo for Jimenez

AND THAT SON, IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN !!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

Re: Deal or No Deal:The Rockies would like third baseman Will Middlebrooks and pitcher Antony Ranaudo for Jimenez

Let the Yankees empty out their farm system for this guy. We should either stay with what we have or go after someone like Kuroda who would cost less. The Rockies simply want too much.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from fir.eballer58. Show fir.eballer58's posts

Deal-trade for him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

ya i would do it no problem. I am not that high on ranaudo and middlebrooks was a nobody before this year. Pull the trigger theo. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Hes a #3 pitcher for us behind Beckett and Lester..That is NOT worth our #1 and #3 prospect IMO..It may be worth it to another team if hes considered their ace, but not as a #3...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

I wouldn't touch Ubaldo.  Middlebrookes is going to be the real deal, mark that one down in your notebooks.  I can see him coming up and then Youk shifting to DH maybe by 2013?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In Response to Re: Deal or No Deal:The Rockies would like third baseman Will Middlebrooks and pitcher Antony Ranaudo for Jimenez:
    [QUOTE]I wouldn't touch Ubaldo.  Middlebrookes is going to be the real deal, mark that one down in your notebooks.  I can see him coming up and then Youk shifting to DH maybe by 2013?
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]

Im pretty high on Millebrooks too SPC..I like Brentz for OF in a couple years..He should be in AA, not high-A...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lhtak. Show lhtak's posts

Stay pat is not an option unless our goal is just to reach playoffs. Keeping WM and AR is not going help this year, MAY help down the road 2-3 years (thats a big MAY). Folks treat every year like "NOW OR NEVER". Then only we can count on winnning championships. There is no guarantee that Papi is going to hit like he is in his contract year. Nothing is sure for next year. I agree that Ubaldo will be our nr 2-3 starter for this year and may be next year. Becket will be most likely done after couple years we need guys Ubaldo who can be Nr. 1-2 starter. Ubaldo is the real deal so, I SAY MAKE THE DEAL NOW!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hortonhearzacup. Show hortonhearzacup's posts

In Response to Re: Deal or No Deal:The Rockies would like third baseman Will Middlebrooks and pitcher Antony Ranaudo for Jimenez:
    [QUOTE]I wouldn't touch Ubaldo.  Middlebrookes is going to be the real deal, mark that one down in your notebooks.  I can see him coming up and then Youk shifting to DH maybe by 2013?
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]

I do like Jimenez but i agree with you that Middlebrooks will be a stud and the idea of him at third and Youk DH in 2013 sounds like a very viable plan

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Papi will DH in 2013, he still hits better than Youk.  And he will then, too.  So no room for both Youk and Ranaudo in the near future.  I say ship the prospects, Jimenez will give stabilty to the team for years.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

I wouldn't touch Jiminez for what the Rockies are asking. I'd take a flyer on him cheap. But since going 14-1 with a 1.something ERA, he's something like 12-15 with a 4.31 (around there) in his last 30-35 starts -- in the N.L.

Maybe he'll turn it around if he plays for a contender, but there should be a lot of red flags. He might be the most overrated guy on the market.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]Papi will DH in 2013, he still hits better than Youk.  And he will then, too.  So no room for both Youk and Ranaudo in the near future.  I say ship the prospects, Jimenez will give stabilty to the team for years.  
    Posted by soxmeister[/QUOTE]

Ranaudo is a pitcher, so there is plenty of room for both.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Deal or No Deal:The Rockies would like third baseman Will Middlebrooks and pitcher Antony Ranaudo for Jimenez:
    [QUOTE]by Troy E. Renck/Denver Post SAN DIEGO — Ubaldo Jimenez never thought it would come to this. When he jogs onto the mound tonight at Petco Park, it could be for the last time as a Rockie. "I am human. Of course I think about it," Jimenez said. The Tigers and Indians aggressively pursued Jimenez on Friday, with the Yankees and www.denverpost.com/rockies/ci_18582896# " class=" snap_noshots" /> Red Sox ​ lurking, ready to pounce if the price comes down. The Rockies haven't changed their demands, asking for a minimum of three players — two top prospects, one of which must be a pitcher. "I know it's a business. It's not easy," Jimenez said. "I will just keep working hard." The Indians were willing to discuss top pitcher Drew Pomeranz, considered the future anchor of their big-league rotation. The Tigers, according to a Fox report, are prepared to part with top minor-league arm Justin Turner. The two face each other in Double-A today. Those names will keep talks going but don't guarantee a deal. The Rockies are seeking quality and quantity. The Yankees and Red Sox were quiet Friday, but have the resources to move quickly before Sunday's 2 p.m. deadline. The Rockies and Yankees disagree on Jimenez's present-day value — he's an ace for Colorado, a No. 2 or 3 starter for New York. As such, New York won't part with two top arms. They appear willing to include catcher www.denverpost.com/rockies/ci_18582896# " class=" snap_noshots"> Jesus Montero ​ or Dellin Betances, but not both. Fireballer Manuel Banuelos remains off-limits. The Rockies would like third baseman Will Middlebrooks and pitcher Antony Ranaudo from Boston. It has been a difficult stretch for his Jimenez, even though manager Jim Tracy said he's "handled it as professionally as you could ever expect." Jimenez is disappointed with his performance, but the questions about his character have been unnerving. Jimenez reiterated Friday that he should have pitched in winter ball — "I was going to do it, but my team Licey didn't make the playoffs," he said. He dismissed New York media speculation that he has a poor relationship with Rockies pitching coach www.denverpost.com/rockies/ci_18582896# " class=" snap_noshots"> Bob Apodaca ​ . "Why do people say this when it's not true? Bob helped me get to where I am in my career," said Jimenez, who has $17.95 million remaining on his contract, though the 2014 club option is voided if he's traded. "It really is unbelievable." Jimenez is on the clock. Even he doesn't know what will happen next. "All I can do is wait. It's out of my control," Jimenez said.  
    Posted by -EdithBunker-[/QUOTE]

Latest reports "if true" say Kuroda wants to stay in LA so that would leave him out.  Jimenez will end up in NY or Boston, my guess is the Yankees throw everything they can at him after being swept in the winter meetings.

Losing out to Boston again would be tough to take.  After Bedards whooping last night against Tampa I may lean more towards Harden who pitched a great game against Tampa this week.  Harden, Quentin and Thornton should be enough to hopefully address all our issues as long as Harden can remain healthy.

I think the Sox have enough to get all three without killing us too bad on the farm.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

colon with 90 pitches thru 4, rockies licking their chops.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Maybe they will drop down to Renaudo and Tejada or Middlebrooks and Doubront. Throw in Exposito or Anderson.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bettersoftthanlaw. Show bettersoftthanlaw's posts

[QUOTE]Hes a #3 pitcher for us behind Beckett and Lester..That is NOT worth our #1 and #3 prospect IMO..It may be worth it to another team if hes considered their ace, but not as a #3...
    Posted by southpaw777[/QUOTE]
    Our #1 and #3 prospects are not as valuable, as other team's top prospects. Regardless, I do not make this trade, but not for your pathetic reason. Bellsbury and B prospects for Kemp is the direction we need to take.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxlaxer12. Show redsoxlaxer12's posts

[QUOTE]Let the Yankees empty out their farm system for this guy. We should either stay with what we have or go after someone like Kuroda who would cost less. The Rockies simply want too much.
    Posted by jrh1194[/QUOTE]
    i wouldnt be so sure. I hear the dodgers are being rediculous price wise for Kuroda

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

We are talking about a 1/3 year rental right, a very expensive one for a guy who has not had a great year in 2011. He pitched a lot the last few years. He could be damaged goods and is so talented people just aren't seeing it yet. I wouldn't do it for a 1/3 year rental of just about any player.

I'd love to sign him to a contract extension though if that is what it took, as long as he passes the physical.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

2009 - 2011 Rank NL Starters UJ:

WAR     2nd
    K/9     10th
    HR/9       4th
    GB %   10th
    FIP        9th

2010 - 2011 Rank AL Starters, Clay B.(>220IP):

WAR   27th
    K/9     26th
    HR/9   9th
    GB %  10th
    FIP      21st

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxlaxer12. Show redsoxlaxer12's posts

[QUOTE]We are talking about a 1/3 year rental right, a very expensive one for a guy who has not had a great year in 2011. He pitched a lot the last few years. He could be damaged goods and is so talented people just aren't seeing it yet. I wouldn't do it for a 1/3 year rental of just about any player. I'd love to sign him to a contract extension though if that is what it took, as long as he passes the physical.
    Posted by Boomerangsdotcom[/QUOTE]
    no hes signed thru 2013

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bettersoftthanlaw. Show bettersoftthanlaw's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Deal or No Deal:The Rockies would like third baseman Will Middlebrooks and pitcher Antony Ranaudo for Jimenez : no hes signed thru 2013
    Posted by redsoxlaxer12[/QUOTE]
    Good catch. Boom is clueless, as usual. Jimenez has a very affordable contract through 2013, and an option for 2014. The Indians will enjoy that while we are stuck with Hard-on.

Sections
Shortcuts