Deal this farce!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bettersoftthanlaw. Show bettersoftthanlaw's posts

Re: Deal this farce!

The copycat act is getting tired, but I agree, package Jake and prospects to get Matt Kemp. If the Dodgers refuse, which is possible with Uncle Bud in charge, then move on down the list. Wily Mo Pena is a better option, than Bellsbury right now.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from habsno17. Show habsno17's posts

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joyceand. Show joyceand's posts

I think that Ells is an absolute keeper.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

You and Softy have lost it.  Can you just enjoy the season?  Even if the Sox don't like Ellsbury, the Sox will get picks.  He is better than the result of any stupid, in-season trade they could make.  This is a moronic thread.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsinsider. Show rsinsider's posts

Anybody remember that Jim Carry movie where he and Jeff Daniels drove across the country to return some chicks briefcase.......what was the name of that movie ?????

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

In Response to Re: Deal this farce!:
    [QUOTE]Anybody remember that Jim Carry movie where he and Jeff Daniels drove across the country to return some chicks briefcase.......what was the name of that movie ?????
    Posted by rsinsider[/QUOTE]

Haha!  nailed it!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

Ells is the man.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

Yawn.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]Ellsbury's proven power: 2003   Oregon St.       7 HR 2004   Oregon St.       3 HR 2005   Oregon St.       6 HR   2005  Lowell A-           1 HR 2006  W/Portland AA    7 HR 2007 P/Pawtucket AAA  2 HR 2007  Red Sox             3 HR  ("The next Ted Williams") 2008 Red Sox              9 HR 2009 Red Sox              8 HR 2010 Red Sox              Zero 2011 Red Sox              11 HR  ("Superstar") Pretty clear Boras is on the money on "the power" for this 28 year old superstar.
    Posted by billbyboy[/QUOTE]

I don't see anyone worrying about his power accept his agent.  15 -20 HRs would be fine in my book.  That number doesn't make him the next Ted Willimas, but that with a .300 average, 60 steals, and 100 runs scored makes him one of the better leadoff hitters in the game and hardly a farce.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from the_yazzer. Show the_yazzer's posts

[QUOTE]Anybody remember that Jim Carry movie where he and Jeff Daniels drove across the country to return some chicks briefcase.......what was the name of that movie ?????
    Posted by rsinsider[/QUOTE]

i think i know; was it BILLBYBOY and SOFTY?
    cause i remember the two characters were really DUMB.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Deal this farce!:
    [QUOTE]Scott Boras pointed out that Jacoby Ellsbury 's combination of power, speed and defense is hard to find. “Your skill set to play centerfield and steal bases obviously generates itself around speed," the agent told Alex Speier of WEEI.com . " So, to go beyond and add an offensive power to that is hard to do . It’s a rare skill set.” ----- MLBTR Ellsbury has never show "offensive power" in his entire baseball career! 3 months of career high numbers v. RHP does not overshadow the career medians or the 2011 weak numbers v. LHP. This isn't even Marquis Grissom. Package he and his 8 to 13M over the next 2.5 years to a team with a real young star RH OF'er slugger, and tell his agent a last place team near API is a great stage for a FA contract seeker.

If Jacoby ever gets traded you can blame Mr. Boras.  You can also put some of that blame on Theo for setting the bar so high with the Crawford signing.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Though the OP goes way overboard, and over the edge...I don't want to go down that road with Ellsbury. He WILL wait for FA, and Borass WILL be asking for north of 20 per, and will likely get it as well.

As far as taking the picks, it's likely that system won't be in place anymore. It's a system that benefits big spenders, as usual, and likely won't be included in the near future. If they can still get picks, fine. But, if that system disappears, what does anyone propose then? Keep him as long as we can and let him walk? I prefer to sell high, I'd be looking at this year's winter meetings to see what I can get. At this point, it's not worth shaking up the lineup that much to do it in season, which I have come around on.

Ellsbury IS good (when playing), but as we've seen with Gonzalez, and a laundry list of others, people play better in Fenway, in a good lineup. Jacoby would not put up these numbers for anyone else, and likewise, someone else coming in would likely do better than their past. JD Drew being the exception, he's done exactly what he always did, or didn't do for that matter.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Talk about beating a dead horse, but you just didn't beat it after it died.  You've dug up the horses corpse and proceeded to continual beat it and now it doesn't even mirror anything that may at one point of been alive.

We get it, you don't like Ellsbury.

Because he has Scott Boras as a client - How dare HE!!! I mean who has a client? and Scott Boras? seriously what is wrong with him.

Also he sat to long with broken ribs, because I mean come on everybody knows that you can twist your torso and swing a bat FINE and dive ontop of your chest FINE with broken ribs.

you know what.....now that I think about I think I hate Jacoby Ellsbury too!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JoeFoyFan. Show JoeFoyFan's posts

If Ells ever was traded, I think it would be in a package for HanRam of the Marlins. My guess is that the Sox would convert Ram to a centerfielder.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Does anyone know Jacoby's contract status? I can't remember when he becomes a free agent.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

Ells is going to want Crawford like money, something potential trade partners will realize as well.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hardright. Show hardright's posts

[QUOTE]Does anyone know Jacoby's contract status? I can't remember when he becomes a free agent.
    Posted by jpBsSoxFan[/QUOTE]

The Sox have him through 2013, so we're talking more than two years from now. It's a bit early to be worrying about what Boras will do. We all know he'll take Ellsbury to free agency, because that's what he does. He'll also convince some team that they simply MUST have Ellsbury at a record-level price tag for a CF with his credentials. We've all seen the movie before and we all know how it ends. The Sox, however, also know what's coming. They'll either deal Ellsbury before the 2013 season or come up with a post-Ellsbury contingency plan ahead of time, before he walks in November or December of 2013.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

[QUOTE]Ellsbury's proven power: 2003   Oregon St.       7 HR 2004   Oregon St.       3 HR 2005   Oregon St.       6 HR   2005  Lowell A-           1 HR 2006  W/Portland AA    7 HR 2007 P/Pawtucket AAA  2 HR 2007  Red Sox             3 HR  ("The next Ted Williams") 2008 Red Sox              9 HR 2009 Red Sox              8 HR 2010 Red Sox              Zero 2011 Red Sox              11 HR  ("Superstar") Pretty clear Boras is on the money on "the power" for this 28 year old superstar.

man...you really dislike Ellsbury.....but at least be honest in your posts....he year he hit 3hr he played 33 games.....his last full season before this at the age of 25 he hit 9 hr.....Yaz hit 16 at age 24 and 20 at age 25 and then eventually over 40 3 out of 4 years.....of course Ellsbury is not Yaz and as pointed out he is not a power guy he is a speed guy, but power develops late...so it is pretty reasonable to assume over the next 4-5 years Ellsbury could be a 20 hr guy and any player who can steal 50 bases....hit close to .300 and hit 20hr from the leadoff spot is a keeper.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1861. Show 1861's posts

This thread iabout Ellsbury is insane, the guy plays good baseball.  If anything is a farce it's the RF of the Sox.Money mouth

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

[QUOTE]The copycat act is getting tired, but I agree, package Jake and prospects to get Matt Kemp. If the Dodgers refuse, which is possible with Uncle Bud in charge, then move on down the list. Wily Mo Pena is a better option, than Bellsbury right now.
    Posted by bettersoftthanlaw[/QUOTE]

What is the significance of "Bellsbury"?  Just don't get the moniker.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

[QUOTE]They'll either deal Ellsbury before the 2013 season or come up with a post-Ellsbury contingency plan ahead of time, before he walks in November or December of 2013.
    Posted by hardright[/QUOTE]

That contingency plan is already in place and will be playing LF when he comes off the DL.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

This "unification" of the forum by the universal villain Softlaw is good. It brings us all together in our dislike of him. Harness recognized this before all of us did. Harness is right, loyal Red Sox fans like Pike and his Pikettes are devisive and someone who hates half of the team like Softlaw is a tonic / unifier to the BDC forum. The forum is like a garden plant, it flourishes in a bed of cow manure.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbrod. Show tbrod's posts

Just some of the most idiotic posts ever on this thread.
    Wily Mo Pena is a better option? What are you smoking?
    This is a top notch young player and someone wants to rade him as if he was
    a liability.
    Why? Because Scott Boras is touting his value. Boo! Hoo!
    So what? If the Sox can spend Manny money on the likes of Cr-oh for-d, they can afford to re-sign Ellsbury when the time comes.
    And what's with this sophomoric Bellsbury crap?

Sections
Shortcuts