Dear My Red Sox

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Re: Dear My Red Sox

So are all entertainers across the board. It is a sign of the times.  Supply and demand also enter into the equation. It is more difficult and rarer to be a MLB player than to become a brain surgeon.  How about listing some actors from the movies and television? How about news anchors? " Professional" wrestlers, NASCAR drivers, rappers who can't carry a tune if there life depended on it, Rock singers, and others such as the Kardashians who have zero talent.  Why single out baseball?

I guess I don't really understand the thread.  If people don't like it, don't watch it.  I like being able to see more games on TV, and on the PC.  I like having the internet to track the results, and interact with other RS fans.

I guess I don't understand why getting more of what you like is somehow worse than getting l;ess of what you like.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to albertct23's comment:

In response to torgorocks' comment:

In response to 67redsox's comment:

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

In response to jozee76's comment:

Guaranteed contracts very bad!!!!!!!!

And you really got the call on Middlebrooks right too, or did you ignore hism2 run dinger just now.

Baseball is a sort, but it is also big business.  Very few fans go to games to watch owners, GMs or managers.   The players get big contracts because they and only they are the product and because MLB overais profitable.

Players are overpaid because of free agency IMHO

Most players are overpaid. Mainly because of incompetent FO's and fans who don't mind paying outrages ticket prices.

"GOOD" is the new "MEDIOCRE."

So are all entertainers across the board. It is a sign of the times.  Supply and demand also enter into the equation. It is more difficult and rarer to be a MLB player than to become a brain surgeon.  How about listing some actors from the movies and television? How about news anchors? " Professional" wrestlers, NASCAR drivers, rappers who can't carry a tune if there life depended on it, Rock singers, and others such as the Kardashians who have zero talent.  Why single out baseball?

I agree that all these people are overpaid.  The reason we singled out ball players is because this is a baseball forum.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

I agree that all these people are overpaid.  The reason we singled out ball players is because this is a baseball forum.

Explain to me why they are overpaid?  I saw McCartney last year, or the year before.  It cost money, but my one regret was that I didn't ante up for seats on the floor.  I saw a Quenton Tarantino movie this year or maybe last year.  I forget the price, but I was willing to pay it.

If someone asks me for 'x' amount of money. in exchange for 'y' amount of services, and we both agree, I don't know how that is overpaid.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to torgorocks' comment:

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

Guaranteed contracts very bad!!!!!!!!

And you really got the call on Middlebrooks right too, or did you ignore hism2 run dinger just now.

Baseball is a sort, but it is also big business.  Very few fans go to games to watch owners, GMs or managers.   The players get big contracts because they and only they are the product and because MLB overais profitable.

Players are overpaid because of free agency IMHO

Most players are overpaid. Mainly because of incompetent FO's and fans who don't mind paying outrages ticket prices.

"GOOD" is the new "MEDIOCRE."

OK, fine by me if you want to narrow it to baseball players. So give me a list of all MLB players who were overpaid in thge last ten years on all 30 MLB teams and then compare that to the Red Sox. Be analytical and scientific about it. Compare.

We are talking about ball players in general.  I don't know why you want a comparison of sox and other players.

I think they make way too much money for what they do. It is what it is. 

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

Can someone PLEASE explain to me why my original post gets deleted? This board is so frustrating!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

Anyone? No one?

Again, "Can someone PLEASE explain to me why my original post gets deleted? This board is so frustrating!!!!"

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Anyone? No one?

Again, "Can someone PLEASE explain to me why my original post gets deleted? This board is so frustrating!!!!"

Well, since you asked; I felt it was a bit whiny and over the top.

But, it still shouldn't have been deleted.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

What's that old saying?  "Don't come to me with problems; come with solutions."

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

Anyone? No one?

You know what's REALLY funny? Not 1 item in the post was "Whiney!" Not one!

Still, every can have what ever opinion they want, even you! But to delete a post there should be some reason given somewhere! It's complete B.S.! (I'd spell it out, but they idiots would delete it anyway!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

In fact, every single point was truthful! Point out the whiney parts so I may lean my lesson Smart A@@!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Anyone? No one?

I thought it was a good topic. It provided me with an opportunity to rant.

And it provided many with an opportunity to agree, and many with an opportunity to disagree.

I am happy, you are frustrated.

There is no "right and wrong" to this debate. We all have different opinions.

Isn't that what makes for a good forum debate?

Thanks for allowing me to state my feelings. And thanks to those who agreed and also to those who disagreed.

I have almost forgotten what the O.P. said, except I mostly agreed with it.

Some of my friends didn't.

But, we are all still friends.....right?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

Here is it again, so you can correct my "Whineyness",

Dear My Red Sox,

I know that we have been in a very close relationship ever since I was 6 years old, but now, today, I am feeling a bit used and abused. In fact, I’m feeling a bit coned and taken advantage of. Not only is it only you, but by all of major league baseball.  After watching last night Red Sox / Giants “baseball game”, and after watching a pitcher who had maybe one of the worst breaking pitches combined with an 89 (at best) MPH fastball, and then to combine that greatness with the so called professional hitter trying to hit said pitches, holy cow what a joke! The amount of poor choices on what pitch to or not to swing at is countless!!! It’s truly hard to believe that these guys actually practice their craft. The amount of time that they get fooled by a breaking ball is laughable! It’s as though they’ve never seen one before!! Why do we as fans just accept this crap? Honestly, I LOVE BASEBALL! And I LOVE THE BOSTON RED SOX!!! There, I said it! I really do. I don’t even mind the 4 hour Yankee/ Red Sox ESPN games. But last night tipped me over. What a load of crap disguised as a baseball game. And they wonder why NO ONE watches this junk! Really?  You really wonder why there isn’t anybody watching these games? You’ve got to be kidding me! My God, look at the empty seats each and every game. No matter what stadium you see or visit. Just look at the box scores and check the Stadium capacity VRS the actual attendance. You’ll be shocked!

The TV ratings are crap as well! And they wonder why. I hope Bud DVR’d last night game, if he could stomach it, he’s soon see why! It’s a crap product! There I said it! I’ll say it again, It’s a crap product! Look at the lineup of the S. F. Giants. Besides Scutaro, Posey, Lincecum and Pence, name one quality Major Leaguer. NONE! Then, take at glane at the old town team. David Ross? Really (.188) Wow! What a hero. But I’m sure he’s grrrrrrrrrrrrreat in the club house! Will Middlebrooks really? (.226) An ok, potential but now, today, he should be in Pawtucket! Daniel Nava, great story with a beautiful swing, just “Swings” at bad pitches WAY too often! Mike Napoli, (.246) is it just me or did 99% of his RBi’s come in April? Hmmmmmmmm.  Should be DFA’d by now! Let’s move on!!!!!! Shane Victorino has been great! Jacoby Ellsbury is a good player, not by ANY means a great player, but a good playr, certainly not a 60 million dollar eplayer. Not to say that some idiot won’t offer and pay him that. Then there’s Jarrod Saltalamacchia, I actually like him and wish he just wouldn’t swing from his buttski on EVERY pitch! When he doesn’t, he has a beautiful swing, and he is very productive. But! Alas, he does swing from his buttski on WAY to many pitches! Whatever happed to choking up, trying to just get on base? (I know, ESPN doesn’t like to show “Getting on base plays) only da Homah!!!!  Whatever happed to a bunt, the hit and run, being able to hit the cut off guy, wow, sad but I could go on and on… and you wonder why no one is watching these games? I don’t wonder at all!  I just don’t have time for the bull pen, or the use of it by our Cowboy John Wayne. Who I loved the acquisition from the Blue Jays. Now, I’m seeing why they fought so hard to keep him, THEY DIDN’T fight so hard!!!!!!  did I say that I LOVE THE BOSTON RED SOX!!! I do! But I believe a slide is in the works here, I don’t want ANOTHER one, but it is! They do not have the hitting, they do not have the bull pen to prevent one! (Koji aside!) It’s that simple! Ben needs to get off his buttski and make a move or two NOW! Today!!!!!! Sorry about the rant!!! But I feel better! Add words of wisdom if you want to!  Well that’s all I’ve got for now! With Much Love Joe

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

Anyone? No one?

You know what's REALLY funny? Not 1 item in the post was "Whiney!" Not one!

Still, every can have what ever opinion they want, even you! But to delete a post there should be some reason given somewhere! It's complete B.S.! (I'd spell it out, but they idiots would delete it anyway!

You attacked the Sox players despite claiming you love the team, and you did it when the Sox have the most wins in the AL and second most in MLB.  Then you attacked MLB.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Here is it again, so you can correct my "Whineyness",

Dear My Red Sox,

I know that we have been in a very close relationship ever since I was 6 years old, but now, today, I am feeling a bit used and abused. In fact, I’m feeling a bit coned and taken advantage of. Not only is it only you, but by all of major league baseball.  After watching last night Red Sox / Giants “baseball game”, and after watching a pitcher who had maybe one of the worst breaking pitches combined with an 89 (at best) MPH fastball, and then to combine that greatness with the so called professional hitter trying to hit said pitches, holy cow what a joke! The amount of poor choices on what pitch to or not to swing at is countless!!! It’s truly hard to believe that these guys actually practice their craft. The amount of time that they get fooled by a breaking ball is laughable! It’s as though they’ve never seen one before!! Why do we as fans just accept this crap? Honestly, I LOVE BASEBALL! And I LOVE THE BOSTON RED SOX!!! There, I said it! I really do. I don’t even mind the 4 hour Yankee/ Red Sox ESPN games. But last night tipped me over. What a load of crap disguised as a baseball game. And they wonder why NO ONE watches this junk! Really?  You really wonder why there isn’t anybody watching these games? You’ve got to be kidding me! My God, look at the empty seats each and every game. No matter what stadium you see or visit. Just look at the box scores and check the Stadium capacity VRS the actual attendance. You’ll be shocked!

The TV ratings are crap as well! And they wonder why. I hope Bud DVR’d last night game, if he could stomach it, he’s soon see why! It’s a crap product! There I said it! I’ll say it again, It’s a crap product! Look at the lineup of the S. F. Giants. Besides Scutaro, Posey, Lincecum and Pence, name one quality Major Leaguer. NONE! Then, take at glane at the old town team. David Ross? Really (.188) Wow! What a hero. But I’m sure he’s grrrrrrrrrrrrreat in the club house! Will Middlebrooks really? (.226) An ok, potential but now, today, he should be in Pawtucket! Daniel Nava, great story with a beautiful swing, just “Swings” at bad pitches WAY too often! Mike Napoli, (.246) is it just me or did 99% of his RBi’s come in April? Hmmmmmmmm.  Should be DFA’d by now! Let’s move on!!!!!! Shane Victorino has been great! Jacoby Ellsbury is a good player, not by ANY means a great player, but a good playr, certainly not a 60 million dollar eplayer. Not to say that some idiot won’t offer and pay him that. Then there’s Jarrod Saltalamacchia, I actually like him and wish he just wouldn’t swing from his buttski on EVERY pitch! When he doesn’t, he has a beautiful swing, and he is very productive. But! Alas, he does swing from his buttski on WAY to many pitches! Whatever happed to choking up, trying to just get on base? (I know, ESPN doesn’t like to show “Getting on base plays) only da Homah!!!!  Whatever happed to a bunt, the hit and run, being able to hit the cut off guy, wow, sad but I could go on and on… and you wonder why no one is watching these games? I don’t wonder at all!  I just don’t have time for the bull pen, or the use of it by our Cowboy John Wayne. Who I loved the acquisition from the Blue Jays. Now, I’m seeing why they fought so hard to keep him, THEY DIDN’T fight so hard!!!!!!  did I say that I LOVE THE BOSTON RED SOX!!! I do! But I believe a slide is in the works here, I don’t want ANOTHER one, but it is! They do not have the hitting, they do not have the bull pen to prevent one! (Koji aside!) It’s that simple! Ben needs to get off his buttski and make a move or two NOW! Today!!!!!! Sorry about the rant!!! But I feel better! Add words of wisdom if you want to!  Well that’s all I’ve got for now! With Much Love Joe

I see nothing wrong with this post.  You were venting, nothing new on this board.  We live in a free country and should be able to state our opinions be they positive or negative. 

Sections
Shortcuts