Dear RS fans...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Dear RS fans...

Now that the hated Beckett is gone and the kids are playing are you all happy?
    This past tewo weeks is what next year will be all apout.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

Re: Dear RS fans...

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

Apples and Oranges...

The Apple was dispatching Beckett and his 'I don't care, it's about family now' attitude, along with Crawfords bloated contract.

The Orange is your belief that the Sox will stick with the kids in 2013 keeping the product the same as what we are looking at right now.

I don't expect to see big dollar replacements brought to Boston, actually I hope not, just good baseball players worthy of decent contracts, just not megabucks.

I don't know who the new players will be but don't expect Iglisias and Lavarnway to be regulars, and Ciriaco should be nothing more than a very good utility player option on the roster.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Well,I kind of expect the Red Sox to make some moves this offseason.So,what we're seeing now,won't necessarily be what we're seeing next year.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

In response to pinstripezac's comment:
    [QUOTE]

with all do respect jim

that's just silly talk

sox will put humpty dumpty together again this winter

and will be contenders

[/QUOTE]

Troll!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eyFiClAzq8

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

If they sign anything of value it will have to be for a big contract and several years.

Guys that sign for one or two are not game changers.
    Beltre was an exception.

Now if you look at what is available Mike Napoli and Hamilton are the only value players out there. Napoli maybe you can get for two years, Hamilton will be big money 5 years.

After that there is nothing that will change the game.
    There are a couple of pitchers but not much.

As for trades what can they give up to get a game changing player. With out ruining the future.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Jim,

I'm inclined to agree with you but am willing to give Ben C. a chance to see what he does in the offseason. The Sox need to replace A-Gon's bat and that's not easily done.

Having Middlebrooks and Ortiz (hopefully) back will help. But now the Sox need that proverbial big bat that posters (like Bill) were crying about a couple of years ago.

And getting a LF to do for Boston what I believe Crawford will do for L.A. won't be easy either. Crawford in his brief stint this year showed what he could have been a key player next year.

I was never a fan of Crawford's contract, but he was talented.

Maybe the kids will come through next year -- Bryce, perhaps, Kalish, Lavarnway, others (?).

There certainly are a lot of unknowns.

Fans, however, should be prepared to relive the days of the 1990s when there was nearly always gaping holes in the lineup.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Russell Dent. Show Russell Dent's posts

In response to FenwayJimmy's comment:

It is "due respect" not "do respect".

Thanks for the relevant comment

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Next year will not be like now.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I would like to see them sign Torii Hunter on a 2yr/16mm...Hes just what this team/clubhouse needs...He can still hit for solid average (i think hes around .290 now) and could play in LF. Just enough time to keep it warm til some kids are ready. Hes made his $$ and I think it would at least get the talks going.
    I also have a trade proposal involving Cliff Lee where we would only take on about 20mm per year for the next 3 years. Big $$ deal, but low years...He could lead this young staff inthe right direction and get them back on course...
    Regardless, To think that this team will be the same as we are seeing right now is ridiculous. first off, Papi and Middlebrooks are out (theres your power) and Im sure we will see some new faces next year. Was Bill Mueller, Kevin Millar, David Ortiz big name game changers when we signed them? no, but they sure did just that, didnt they...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Jim, can this team possibly be this bad next season ? This might be the worst Red Sox team I have ever seen !!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I would like to see them sign Torii Hunter on a 2yr/16mm...Hes just what this team/clubhouse needs...He can still hit for solid average (i think hes around .290 now) and could play in LF. Just enough time to keep it warm til some kids are ready. Hes made his $$ and I think it would at least get the talks going.
    I also have a trade proposal involving Cliff Lee where we would only take on about 20mm per year for the next 3 years. Big $$ deal, but low years...He could lead this young staff inthe right direction and get them back on course...
    Regardless, To think that this team will be the same as we are seeing right now is ridiculous. first off, Papi and Middlebrooks are out (theres your power) and Im sure we will see some new faces next year. Was Bill Mueller, Kevin Millar, David Ortiz big name game changers when we signed them? no, but they sure did just that, didnt they...

[Reply]:

My guess is Tori either re-signs with the Angels or he gets an offer with the Yankees and takes it.
    I love watching him play and he 's a model citizen that could help the Sox in many ways.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Why not who is going to play?
    1B ?????
    2nd Pedroia
    SS ?????
    3rd Middlebrooks
    LF ??????
    CF Ellsbury
    RF ?????? Kalish
    DH ?????
    Pitching Bucholz, Lester,  Lackey, 
    and a bunch headed for ARB.

If you say they will make trades IMO they will give up some part of the future.The issue is many wanted big salaries gone. However there is nothing to replace them.
    The trade despite getting rid of Beckett, which I still think is dumb.
    After watching CC here in Tampa for 6 years I could not understand the out right hatred for him and based solely on his salary.
    Created two holes in the lineup that there is nothing in FA to replace with.

If BC can make this team a contender next year he should get GM of the Year. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Nor will we make the playoffs next year.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Yes I am very happy because I'am patient and I realize what this means for the future.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

The Red Sox should be able to rebuild in the off season to again be at least competitive in the AL east.  They should not need to go bananas on any big contracts but still sign guys who can play.

The need just about everything right now, but getting some decent pitching is always the key and it has been a Boston Red Sox key all the way back to the 40s.

With that said, it seems that every year some teams seem to come up with pitching beyond big salary guys.  An example would be the Cardinals's closer last year.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to charliedarling's comment:

The Red Sox should be able to rebuild in the off season to again be at least competitive in the AL east.  They should not need to go bananas on any big contracts but still sign guys who can play.

The need just about everything right now, but getting some decent pitching is always the key and it has been a Boston Red Sox key all the way back to the 40s.

With that said, it seems that every year some teams seem to come up with pitching beyond big salary guys.  An example would be the Cardinals's closer last year.

They should BEGIN to rebuild. It will take time and a high level of good judgment. You cannot assemble a dominant team in a single year. Pitching is key. We need a steady supply of good young arms. I am thinking 2-3 years before we can "compete for a ring" again.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Soxdog67's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Apples and Oranges...

The Apple was dispatching Beckett and his 'I don't care, it's about family now' attitude, along with Crawfords bloated contract.

The Orange is your belief that the Sox will stick with the kids in 2013 keeping the product the same as what we are looking at right now.

I don't expect to see big dollar replacements brought to Boston, actually I hope not, just good baseball players worthy of decent contracts, just not megabucks.

I don't know who the new players will be but don't expect Iglisias and Lavarnway to be regulars, and Ciriaco should be nothing more than a very good utility player option on the roster.

[/QUOTE]

" I don't expect to see big dollar replacements brought to Boston, actually I hope not, just good baseball players worthy of decent contracts, just not megabucks. "

agreed

Sections
Shortcuts