Dear RS fans...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: Dear RS fans...

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to charliedarling's comment:

The Red Sox should be able to rebuild in the off season to again be at least competitive in the AL east.  They should not need to go bananas on any big contracts but still sign guys who can play.

The need just about everything right now, but getting some decent pitching is always the key and it has been a Boston Red Sox key all the way back to the 40s.

With that said, it seems that every year some teams seem to come up with pitching beyond big salary guys.  An example would be the Cardinals's closer last year.

They should BEGIN to rebuild. It will take time and a high level of good judgment. You cannot assemble a dominant team in a single year. Pitching is key. We need a steady supply of good young arms. I am thinking 2-3 years before we can "compete for a ring" again.

[/QUOTE]

im down with this and have been saying the same and why it makes sense to go young (and plan for he future).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yes I am very happy because I'am patient and I realize what this means for the future.

[/QUOTE]

:)

(with wise, schrewd and assertive managemn....which may be a presumption here).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yeah I'm happy. But then again I take a mature long view of the team and don't start threads lecturing other people because I'm feeling sorry for myself. The work isn't done yet but I much prefer this to the bloated overpaid underperfomers we had before. 

You do realize even if we don't make the trade we are not in the playoff hunt whatsoever right? 

So yeah, instead of winning .300 of our games we'd be winning .450. Awesome, yeah, that would have been great. 

[/QUOTE]

"Yeah I'm happy. But then again I take a mature long view of the team and don't start threads lecturing other people because I'm feeling sorry for myself."

now that's adding to the conversation in a big way....

(say what needs to be said)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to LeftyGrove's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Now that the hated Beckett is gone and the kids are playing are you all happy?
    This past tewo weeks is what next year will be all apout.

Short term pain for long term gain, after rooting for 46 years, I am ok with it, YES!!!

[/QUOTE]

+1