Death penalty sought against Boston Marathon bomber

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Death penalty sought against Boston Marathon bomber

If this case doesn't warrant it, what would and why have it?

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2014/01/30/22509199-feds-to-seek-death-penalty-against-accused-boston-bomber-tsarnaev?lite

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Re: Death penalty sought against Boston Marathon bomber

Nothing would, and we should't have it.  Most civilised countries don't.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

This should be fun...

I think I'll go back to the "Bacon" thread.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to ThefourBs's comment:

This should be fun...

yup...The Tanaka thread was winding down, so......SealedWink

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

they should make him eat his own eyeballs first.  then i am ok with death penalty.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

HEY!  hater!!!  Wink Tongue Out

Vincent: Bacon tastes gooood. Pork chops taste gooood.

Jules: Hey, sewer rat may taste like pumpkin pie, but I'd never know 'cause I wouldn't eat the filthy motherflipper. Pigs sleep and root in $|-|it. That's a filthy animal. I ain't eat nothin' that ain't got sense enough to disregard its own feces.

Vincent: How about a dog? Dogs eats its own feces.

Jules: I don't eat dog either.

Vincent: Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal?

Jules: I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

Vincent: Ah, so by that rationale, if a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal. Is that true?

Jules: Well we'd have to be talkin' about one charming motherflippin' pig. I mean he'd have to be ten times more charmin' than that Arnold on Green Acres, you know what I'm sayin'?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Now, you know that BILL-806 is not into "OFF TOPIC" THREADS, BUT SINCE THIS IS NEAR & DEAR TO ALL OF US........   I must say that I would have "BET MY RED SOX BOX SEATS" (near the RED SOX D O) that the evaa lib Eric Holder would have passed on this one !!!    Just saying !!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

I think they should sentence him to life having to listen to the people on this board whining about Ortiz saying "This is our f*&)g city!" constantly until the day he dies.  Prometheus never had it so bad.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus's comment:

I think they should sentence him to life having to listen to the people on this board whining about Ortiz saying "This is our f*&)g city!" constantly until the day he dies.  Prometheus never had it so bad.

They changed it to "This is our DUCKing city" spaceLaughing

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 808soxfan. Show 808soxfan's posts

Two bullets. Bill the family for the bullets. Just like the Chinese do it. No media circus. No last minute vigils.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] or task him to stand in front of Softy's house until he comes out and pays the rest of his Ellsbury Fan Club dues.. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] or task him to stand in front of Softy's house until he comes out and pays the rest of his Ellsbury Fan Club dues.. 

[/QUOTE]

Oh man.  Jete.  I want to think our justice system is more humane than THAT.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree with you. My objection to the death penalty is that the justice system is imperfect and mistakes can be made. It is impossible to give an innocent man back his life.

In this case, I understand the desire to end this man's life. His guilt is as close to obvious as you can get and his crime is particularly heinous. Perhaps a selective death penalty? But even then, can we always be sure that justice will be done? I'd rather err on the side of caution than satisfy the public's emotional desire for blood, as understandable as it may be.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to devildavid's comment:

[QUOTE]

I agree with you. My objection to the death penalty is that the justice system is imperfect and mistakes can be made. It is impossible to give an innocent man back his life.

In this case, I understand the desire to end this man's life. His guilt is as close to obvious as you can get and his crime is particularly heinous. Perhaps a selective death penalty? But even then, can we always be sure that justice will be done? I'd rather err on the side of caution than satisfy the public's emotional desire for blood, as understandable as it may be.

[/QUOTE]While we are at it,  time to revisit  "FORT HOOD, AND THE WORKPLACE VIOLENCE" !!!   Pure  B S as put forth by the "BIG O" & ERIC HOLDER !!!!   My heart & thoughts go out to those brave soldiers & families that can't even be awarded the Purple Heart & the normal benefits that go along for being killed in the line of duty !!  Just can't understand why the complacent America has gone along with this !!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 808soxfan. Show 808soxfan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I am not against the death penalty in clear cut cases like this one. He will get a trial and an appeal, which is more than his victims got.

I also think that we should clear out GitMo, and that the people responsible for 9/11 should be tried, and executed if found guilty.

It is not an emotional desire for blood on my part. It is a desire to end the media circus that surrounds prisoners on life terms who have committed terrible crimes, and in these cases, politically motivated crimes. Keeping these people alive in prison or in GitMo continues to bring attention to their political motives while continuing their victim's suffering. A win-win for evil-doers, isn't it?

Look at Charles Manson... Clear case... Kept alive in prison. Every time he comes up for parole, it is a circus again.

My opinion. In some very limited cases, execution is warranted.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In response to 808soxfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I am not against the death penalty in clear cut cases like this one. He will get a trial and an appeal, which is more than his victims got.

I also think that we should clear out GitMo, and that the people responsible for 9/11 should be tried, and executed if found guilty.

It is not an emotional desire for blood on my part. It is a desire to end the media circus that surrounds prisoners on life terms who have committed terrible crimes, and in these cases, politically motivated crimes. Keeping these people alive in prison or in GitMo continues to bring attention to their political motives while continuing their victim's suffering. A win-win for evil-doers, isn't it?

Look at Charles Manson... Clear case... Kept alive in prison. Every time he comes up for parole, it is a circus again.

My opinion. In some very limited cases, execution is warranted.

[/QUOTE]

Manson was sentaced to death. The sentance was commuted to life without parole when California abolished the death penalty. It was later re-instated, but all whose sentances were commuted could not be re-sentanced to death.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to tvfrank's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]While we are at it,  time to revisit  "FORT HOOD, AND THE WORKPLACE VIOLENCE" !!!   Pure  B S as put forth by the "BIG O" & ERIC HOLDER !!!!   My heart & thoughts go out to those brave soldiers & families that can't even be awarded the Purple Heart & the normal benefits that go along for being killed in the line of duty !!  Just can't understand why the complacent America has gone along with this !!!

[/QUOTE]

Hey Bill, lucky for you there's no death penalty for just being stupid. Unlucky for the rest of us.

[/QUOTE]SON, it is quite obvious that you have never "STOOD THE POST" , if you had, you would never spew some of the garbage that you post here.......  Perhaps its not all your fault, MAR-A-JU-WARNA is an aweful thing, espicially when it goes from MOM & DAD  to the offspring !!!!

[/QUOTE]

WOW

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

True.  Plus it's not a deterrent and it diminishes us all.  I'm not soft on crime, I'm hard on crime.  I just care about society.  Life without parole in tough but legal prison with limited access to amenities is a tough penalty....and the worst we should give.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

True.  Plus it's not a deterrent and it diminishes us all.  I'm not soft on crime, I'm hard on crime.  I just care about society.  Life without parole in tough but legal prison with limited access to amenities is a tough penalty....and the worst we should give.

[/QUOTE]

Not to mention that the cost to the tax payer to kill someone, strangely, is stepper than keeping them in prison for life.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

The bomber should have his pee hole and an*s tied up so that he never pees or poos ever again.  He deserves a slow and painful death.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I find it kind of ironic, that many of those opposed to executing even the most vile of murderers, have no problem in supporting a woman's " right to choose." 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I find it kind of ironic, that many of those opposed to executing even the most vile of murderers, have no problem in supporting a woman's " right to choose." 

[/QUOTE]

Kind of ironic, yes.  But REALLY ironic the other way.  Because the people support a womans right to choose dont seeabortion on the same moral scale as murder.  One can agree or disagree with this moral position.  But, if you are trying to point out true irony, it is from the opposite side, who DO look at abortion as murder.  The crossover is large in the ven diagram of those that support murder as a form of criminal punishment and yet stand morallyopposed to murder in the form of abortion.  That is irony.