While young and old, not a good laddie.

Hell he raised while a young buck,

E’en out of a tree kid brother struck.

Ma had called for dinner time

With brick brought down offending tad

Not list’ning to big bro the crime.

For many years, some count almost twenty

He was pillar, church n county plenty.

Skilled electric, yet preferred to farm.

George Jones, he looked and had charm,

Fished, hunted among the very best.

Baseball almost major, but failed a test.

Then the fall, not once but few

Away his good name he did threw.

Poor Ma and poor wife of mine,

Held him out as daddies most fine.

Story did have many a twist

But now is done, a passing mist.

But gave he to me the finest gift

Mixed among his many fits

My wife, a gem above and beyond.

A treasure so rare, so true, so sound.

So among the pain, I thank God clear

To have a wife, a friend, so very dear.

Now taxes ... not his passing but

The call of Caesar as Jesus put.

Render unto him that which is due

But also to God, render unto Him too!

Beware the Ides of March warned the Bard,

How’d he know of this time hard?

Tis no moment, really, I swear.

This, almost my fortieth tax year

With PC, H&R and w-2s’ in hand

In a half an hour I’ll know where I stand.

But what my heart really calls to

Is the Red Sox, "Lord, what’ll we do?"

Two and ten today we stand ...stand?

Not the season we all planned.

But spring is the time of hope and life

So if it seems dead, give chance to ....

Come on Red Sox, ....

Give chance to ....

First it was death,

Then taxes ....

150 games left? My heart relaxes!

For this is baseball, not football, see?

This is a bad fortnight, not a season in quarter three.

So,

With most excellent wife and all our pleasures had

Two sons, back home safe, sound and glad,

I’m ready for the season ahead!

GO RED SOX! GO RED SOX! GO RED SOX!

That never, ever sounds bad!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Re: Death, Taxes... and Red Sox

Sorry for your loss, Yaz.  I'm glad this man was at least able to give you the happiness you now share with your wife.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Thanks, Kim.

The old boy had many good traits.  I enjoyed the contest we had for the longest time.  He was a heads up country boy and I was a dimwit townie.  He could get me into some terribly funny straights.  Those were in the good days.

But as you say, I am most fortunate.  Former co-worker used to spit out "typical woman" when a female would somehow confound him.  (It didn't take much!) He once said that of my wife.  I looked at him aquarely and said, "G, there's nothing typical about her.  And I wouldn't say that in her presence, or that little 5'2' frame will take a foot out of your 6' 2" frame faster than you can blink."  He laughed.  I simply asked him when was the last time that he controlled a 1500 lb bull all by himself.  Or when was the last time that he stopped a 6' 4" party boy with just one quick shot to the solarplexes ...

G figured it out real quickly.

:o)   

And she only weighed 97 lbs at the time.  But I only weighed 155 ... we've both "grown in our relationship" since then ...  :o)

Heck, we've been together since August of 1975 ... if she can take me for all that time, you know she's special. Or crazy.  Or both.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

She's special, Yaz -- and lucky.  I'm a little taller 5' 7 1/2" (5'8) as I call it. But still no match, just makes you lankyer (is that a word?) -- all arms and legs. I'm sure if adrenaline were to kick in, I'd be OK. lol

Time will probably give you more good memories. You'll see. Glad to have to you back. :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

ALL 3 VERY PAINFULL FOR SURE !!!    SORRY ABOUT YOUR DAD ...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Great post as usual Yaz. nice to see you back. the worst is behind you. time helps take care of the rest.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Yaz - my prayers to you and yours.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

We all love you Yaz, I look for your posts every time I come here.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Death, Taxes... and Red Sox:
    Death, Taxes, .... and Red Sox Well, a week to bury my wife’s daddy, While young and old, not a good laddie. Hell he raised while a young buck, E’en out of a tree kid brother struck. Ma had called for dinner time With brick brought down offending tad Not list’ning to big bro the crime. For many years, some count almost twenty He was pillar, church n county plenty. Skilled electric, yet preferred to farm. George Jones, he looked and had charm, Fished, hunted among the very best. Baseball almost major, but failed a test. Then the fall, not once but few Away his good name he did threw. Poor Ma and poor wife of mine, Held him out as daddies most fine. Story did have many a twist But now is done, a passing mist. But gave he to me the finest gift Mixed among his many fits My wife, a gem above and beyond. A treasure so rare, so true, so sound. So among the pain, I thank God clear To have a wife, a friend, so very dear. Now taxes ... not his passing but The call of Caesar as Jesus put. Render unto him that which is due But also to God, render unto Him too! Beware the Ides of March warned the Bard, How’d he know of this time hard? Tis no moment, really, I swear. This, almost my fortieth tax year With PC, H&R and w-2s’ in hand In a half an hour I’ll know where I stand. But what my heart really calls to Is the Red Sox, "Lord, what’ll we do?" Two and ten today we stand ...stand? Not the season we all planned. But spring is the time of hope and life So if it seems dead, give chance to .... Come on Red Sox, .... Give chance to .... First it was death, Then taxes .... 150 games left? My heart relaxes! For this is baseball, not football, see? This is a bad fortnight, not a season in quarter three. So, With most excellent wife and all our pleasures had Two sons, back home safe, sound and glad, I’m ready for the season ahead! GO RED SOX! GO RED SOX! GO RED SOX! That never, ever sounds bad!
    Posted by SinceYaz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VExw77xJsBQ&feature=related

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Re: Death, Taxes... and Red Sox:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Death, Taxes... and Red Sox : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VExw77xJsBQ&feature=related
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]harness, comin' with the classic country...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Sorry for your loss, Yaz. I know that your faith will  see you and your lovely bride through these times.

Great to have you back.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasrojas. Show losmediasrojas's posts

I'm sorry for your loss, SY.  With all the negativity surrounding this board, you stand out as a beacon of light, showing proper perspective in both life and in baseball. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

I hope you got my meaning S.Y.
    Love doesn't end with the demise of the flesh. Our souls are infinite in time. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

"Our souls are infinite in time". Time doesn't exist. What is the basis for your belief that souls are eternal? 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Time exists by definition. Everything through the ages...ages.
    I'm not sure I can get you to see the soul's infinity.
    I'll just say that what constitutes spirituality doesn't end with a hole in the ground.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Thank you all, for you kindesses.  I would respond in person, but right now, this is the only way to respond, for some reason.

BaseballGM, 

I think you're playing Softy right now.  At least your q to Harness is of his ilk.  Here's one for you.

If we have no spirit and are not of a Created Existence(the broadest term I'll  accept for my God), then we are truly just animal.  Why should any form of civility and law apply then?  After all, animals are guiltless in their instinct and innate behavior(s).  Can you accept that you are just animal?  Just an accident of the genetic maelstrom that is the universe?

Back to more sensible realities.  Time is God's creation.  Only He lives without it's limiting boundaries.  So the kind thoughts of time being helpful are appreciated.  I have had to make forgiveness part of the make up of peacefulness, too.  (Don't know of any animals that choose to do that ....)

Hey, how about Beck's last night!?!?!?

If our season depends on his return to form, I think we are homeward bound.  I know it will still be a fight, because no one will just lay down in the ALE, but ...to borrow an ad line ... "Here WE go!"    

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]  ALL 3 VERY PAINFULL FOR SURE !!!    SORRY ABOUT YOUR DAD ...
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

Ahh ... there it is ... the respond button is up!

Thanks Bill. 

First time in our lives that both dad's are gone.  But we're blessed ... in our mid 50's before that happened.

Great job, Josh ....

edit:  respond button gone again ... huh?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]Great post as usual Yaz. nice to see you back. the worst is behind you. time helps take care of the rest.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Thanks, J.   BTW, I'll be responding to your invites soon.  I had neglected my e-mail for a while, so that's why I've been a no show.  I'm trying to grow up ... a little.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]Yaz - my prayers to you and yours.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

Appreciate it, Jess.  We'll do fine.  Ma, she'll need the bigger helping hand.   

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Harness,  got ya.  "preciate it.  ( Respond Button's gone again) Pop would have loved it.  Really.  It would destroy Ma in tears.  But still would have appreciated it.  Their "country" was defintely before country was cool.  :o)

Carnie, thanks.  Mutual admiration certainly.  Many times I add a silent kudo to your posts.  I always get a great big smile ought of your avatar.   Just love it.

AB, thanks too.  What a gift faith is, isn't it?  I was gonna be a scientist. (marine biology) before the call to the ministry.  I can't see science without God being the first and best of investigators (Can you imagine His thought process as he considered light?  How marvelous that Genesis starts out with "Let there be light" after the thought about it was mentioned!  And guess what?  That "LIGHT," physically, is exactly what the Big Bang starts with ...) , the only scientist not to dicover but to really make ... (Not a Christian Scientist, but I am a Christian, with scientific adornments!!!)

Sheriff, thanks as always.  I was glad to know you were on patrol when I re-joined the forum.  And that you had active Deputies!!!!  Always glad to be your Hop-a-long ... (and I got my Miss Kitty!!!)

Sections
Shortcuts