Dec 7 Pearl Harbor Non-Sports Question...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Re: Dec 7 Pearl Harbor Non-Sports Question...

From the Washington Post. 

Happily, the Tax Foundation — a conservative Washington-based think tank — has, however unintentionally, provided the answer. In 2007, the foundation published a survey of 2005 federal spending in each state and compared that with each state’s contribution in federal taxes. In other words, the foundation identified the states that sponge off the federal government and those that subsidize it. The welfare-queen states and the responsible, producing states, as it were.

The list, alas, hasn’t been updated — in part, no doubt, because conservatives didn’t like what it revealed: that those states that got more back from our government than they paid in were overwhelmingly Republican. The 10 biggest net recipients of taxpayers’ largess were, in order, New Mexico, Mississippi, Alaska, Louisiana, West Virginia, North Dakota, Alabama, South Dakota, Kentucky and Virginia. The 10 states that paid in the most and got back the least were New Jersey, Nevada, Connecticut, New Hampshire, Minnesota, Illinois, Delaware, California, New York and Colorado.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to carnie's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to xXR3S1NXx's comment:

Let me ask you something. If you have a friend who's an alcoholic and you keep giving him alcohol you think hes gonna quit being an alcoholic????Same with the government, If we keep giving them money you think there gonna stop spending it. Are you that Fvcking ingnorant.
    You got any facts to back up your Bullsh!t statement that red states are the ones taking the most free stuff or do you just keep rehashing dem talking point you stupid Fvck.

Just so you know, I just reported this post for obscenity.

[/QUOTE]

struck a nerve there

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to mef429's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Let me ask you something. If you have a friend who's an alcoholic and you keep giving him alcohol you think hes gonna quit being an alcoholic????Same with the government, If we keep giving them money you think there gonna stop spending it. Are you that Fvcking ingnorant.
    You got any facts to back up your Bullsh!t statement that red states are the ones taking the most free stuff or do you just keep rehashing dem talking point you stupid Fvck.

[/QUOTE]

struck a nerve there

[/QUOTE]

I figure you can say whatever you want, but he really went over the top there. Or maybe debating softlaw all day has worn out my name calling tolerance.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

In response to Strangeglove's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This may be the wrong place to ask this question,but, I am curious about what some of you historians feel about this....I have been watching a lot of, but not all, of Oliver Stone's History of America. Lots of what he says about our history is really eye opening.

I believe he claims that our primary reason for dropping the Atomic Bomb(s) was bogus. That, in fact, our line  "the war would have otherwise gone on for another 2 years" is otherwise is bogus. Do you think that is true?

The dissing of President Truman, such as his constant threat to use the bomb after the war against Russia, and other negative stuff regarding him and subsequent "Leaders" , if true, really makes you wonder about things. Like, who the hell is/was actually running our ship??

I wonder what the truth really is. Help me out if you can. Thanks.

[/QUOTE]
    I really don't think that anyone can say how long the war would have gone on....it would all be speculation. What one does know is that the Japanese were killing milions of Chinese and others in Asia....and the bombing of Japan, though it killed many Japanese, even if it shortened the war by a year clearly saved the lives of hundreds of thousand if not millions of more from that region.  The conventional carpet bombing of Dresden killed 10's of thousands of German Civilians but saved the life of how many others......just because atom bombs were more potent didnt make them less moral 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to Softlaw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The future of American success is dependent upon the emasculated white males in the progressive Democrat Party.

[/QUOTE]

So now anyone who doesn't agree with your out of touch political and economic views who happens to be a white male is emasculated. This just gets better and better.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What are you 5 years old. Mommy he used bad language.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]

The future of American success is dependent upon the emasculated white males in the progressive Democrat Party, emasculating the stupid old white males in the fascist party.

[/QUOTE]

No way.  We need to get back to our roots, when white men could wax poetic about the virtues of freedom and liberty and then go home and impregnate their slaves.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Like I said earlier, I usually figure people can say whatever they want, but you were over the top there. And just so you know, people are usually more receptive to your viewpoint when you're not calling them a stupid f###.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to mef429's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

struck a nerve there

[/QUOTE]

I figure you can say whatever you want, but he really went over the top there. Or maybe debating softlaw all day has worn out my name calling tolerance.

[/QUOTE]

And ingorance really wears on your tolorance for sutpidity.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Like I said earlier, I usually figure people can say whatever they want, but you were over the top there. And just so you know, people are usually more receptive to your viewpoint when you're not calling them a stupid f###.

[/QUOTE]

And by over the top you mean Right... Ok i get how this works. And you have failed to anwser my question... Do alcoholics get better by drinking more alcohol???

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

How did this get racist?  Weren't we talking about bombing Japan.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Thesemenarecowards' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Happily, the Tax Foundation — a conservative Washington-based think tank — has, however unintentionally, provided the answer. In 2007, the foundation published a survey of 2005 federal spending in each state and compared that with each state’s contribution in federal taxes. In other words, the foundation identified the states that sponge off the federal government and those that subsidize it. The welfare-queen states and the responsible, producing states, as it were.

The list, alas, hasn’t been updated — in part, no doubt, because conservatives didn’t like what it revealed: that those states that got more back from our government than they paid in were overwhelmingly Republican. The 10 biggest net recipients of taxpayers’ largess were, in order, New Mexico, Mississippi, Alaska, Louisiana, West Virginia, North Dakota, Alabama, South Dakota, Kentucky and Virginia. The 10 states that paid in the most and got back the least were New Jersey, Nevada, Connecticut, New Hampshire, Minnesota, Illinois, Delaware, California, New York and Colorado.

[/QUOTE]

The washington FVcking post!!! And you think fox news is a bunch a dribble..

[/QUOTE]

Attacking the source, I didn't see that one coming!!!  Kind of like how the right said every poll was wrong except Rasmussen (AKA FoxNews).....  How'd that work out for ya?

Gotta love that Roger Ailes was recruiting Petraus to pursue the GOP nomination.  Fair and Balanced!!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]

We need to get back to our roots, when white men could wax poetic about the virtues of freedom and liberty and then go home and impregnate their slaves.

Great point. We certainly don't want to continue with the current emasculated white men who wax poetic about social justice and economic utopia, and then go home and hump some emasculated male backsides and impregnate Wards of the Progressive American State.

[/QUOTE]

If only contraception were legal......

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Thesemenarecowards's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to royf19's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

This may be the wrong place to ask this question,but, I am curious about what some of you historians feel about this....I have been watching a lot of, but not all, of Oliver Stone's History of America. Lots of what he says about our history is really eye opening.

I believe he claims that our primary reason for dropping the Atomic Bomb(s) was bogus. That, in fact, our line  "the war would have otherwise gone on for another 2 years" is otherwise is bogus. Do you think that is true?

The dissing of President Truman, such as his constant threat to use the bomb after the war against Russia, and other negative stuff regarding him and subsequent "Leaders" , if true, really makes you wonder about things. Like, who the hell is/was actually running our ship??

[/QUOTE]

Don't look to Oliver Stone for the truth about anything.

[/QUOTE]

No kidding.

[/QUOTE]Yes, I concur that Oliver Stone is not the one to revisit/rewrite History with.... However,  there is a question of  FDR knowing/not that the Jap navy was coming towards Pearl.......  If that is true, then good ole lib/left/soc/ FDR is not much better than the antics of the man in office today......  Just a thought !!

[/QUOTE]

December 7th, the day that Bill-806 reminds us he can't spell infamy.  Or as he knows it imfamy.

[/QUOTE] It is a day that you should give your wise mouth a pause, and give thanks & prayers to all of the people that made it possible for our generation and generations since  able to be as free as we are.....  The fact being, our freedom is not always an "entitlement"  !!!!

[/QUOTE]

Actually freedom is an entitlement and I say this as a man that served my hitch in the military. All human beings are entitled to be free because that's how God created us. To say or think otherwise is to buy into the myth being sold by authoritarian types the whole world 'round.

[/QUOTE]

Well said, Carnie.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The washington FVcking post!!! And you think fox news is a bunch a dribble..

[/QUOTE]

Attacking the source, I didn't see that one coming!!!  Kind of like how the right said every poll was wrong except Rasmussen (AKA FoxNews).....  How'd that work out for ya?

Gotta love that Roger Ailes was recruiting Petraus to pursue the GOP nomination.  Fair and Balanced!!!!

[/QUOTE]

Just playing the game Coward. Apparently Rasmussen underestimated how many people wanted to sit on there a55 all day and do nothing except collect a governement check.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Without a complete analysis of the "Government Largesse", this is useless stat. Just because a State for example, is a low income state, and as such does not contribute a large amount of Federal tax dollars and at the same time may have a large Federal spending on say Military bases, or Border patrol does not make them a sponge off the Federal Government. The Ten Staes with the largest Welfare Spending  are California, Florida, Illinois, Michigan, NJ, NY,Ohio, Pennsylvania Washington and Texas.....all of, except for texas, were Blue States in 2012.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

In response to tomnev's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Without a complete analysis of the "Government Largesse", this is useless stat. Just because a State for example, is a low income state, and as such does not contribute a large amount of Federal tax dollars and at the same time may have a large Federal spending on say Military bases, or Border patrol does not make them a sponge off the Federal Government. The Ten Staes with the largest Welfare Spending  are California, Florida, Illinois, Michigan, NJ, NY,Ohio, Pennsylvania Washington and Texas.....all of, except for texas, were Blue States in 2012.

[/QUOTE]

Speaking of useless stats, a) source? B) Please tell me that is per capita.  Otherwise it is truly a "stat" that says, higher population = more spending, which would be ground breaking.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hundreds of thousand of American boys would have lost their lives invading japan and the surrounding islands.

The japanese were fanatics and were going to fight to the last man.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Speaking of useless stats, a) source? B) Please tell me that is per capita.  Otherwise it is truly a "stat" that says, higher population = more spending, which would be ground breaking.

[/QUOTE]

The source was usgovernmentspending.com. Which uses actual budget numbers and it was not per Capita, so you are right....bigger states ...more spending.....I wasnt quoting it to take a side, just as an example that without more detail, what states get more Federal help is debatable. You would have to admit though , that Blue States are blue because they are voting for Democrats, and Democrats favor more Government spending and higher Entitlement spending, and as such, voters in Blue States are more likely to favor getting or keeping their or others entitlements.....thats not Rocket Science. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

Typical conversation around here when Dec. 7th rolls around:

Yank  "You would be talking German if it weren't for us".

Brit  "Thanks for coming late to the party".

-Dec 11, 1941: Germany and Italy declare war on US

Germany and Italy have announced they are at war with the United States. America immediately responded by declaring war on the two Axis powers.

-Churchill "You can always count on Americans to do the right thing €”after they'€™ve tried everything else".

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The source was usgovernmentspending.com. Which uses actual budget numbers and it was not per Capita, so you are right....bigger states ...more spending.....I wasnt quoting it to take a side, just as an example that without more detail, what states get more Federal help is debatable. You would have to admit though , that Blue States are blue because they are voting for Democrats, and Democrats favor more Government spending and higher Entitlement spending, and as such, voters in Blue States are more likely to favor getting or keeping their or others entitlements.....thats not Rocket Science. 

[/QUOTE]

Sure but the big Blue states (NY, California, Massachusetts, etc...) are also the major drivers of the economy, which is in direct contrast of the FoxNews narrative that Obama won because of takers. 

According to the FoxNews narrative, aka GOP talking points, the left is elite (College is for all is snobbish!!), the media is in the pocket of the left, hollywood is leftwing propaganda and everyone who voted for obama is on food stamps.

Basically the typical Obama voter is a College professor who uses his food stamps to buy the New York times for George Clooney.