Decisions , decisions , decisions.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Decisions , decisions , decisions.

Okay. Let's see.  You have three players. Only two can play. One is batting .234 and is decent defensively.  Another is batting .201 and is adequate to decent defensively. The other guy is batting .446 and is absolutely great defensively.  Which one sits ?  Tough decision. The guy batting .446 is the odd man out.  Go figure.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

Re: Decisions , decisions , decisions.

drew should be on the bench, iggy at short, middlebrooks at 3rd. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to iaresdnccopper's comment:

Drew's hitting for power and defending well. He's been red hot. You go with the hot hand, which is Drew and MIddlbrooks. Iglesias has never proven he can't hit in the majors, like Drew has proven it for his entire career.

I don't know how you figure that. The hot hand ?  Who has a hotter hand than Iglesias ?  He is batting .446.    Drew is at .232.  Middlebrooks is now batting . 199.  Iglesias is in the process of proving he can hit in the majors. How do you sit , or even platoon , him ?  This is not to even mention his defense , which is far better than Drew's and light years better than Will. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

In response to iaresdnccopper's comment:

Drew's hitting for power and defending well. He's been red hot. You go with the hot hand, which is Drew and MIddlbrooks. Iglesias has never proven he can't hit in the majors, like Drew has proven it for his entire career.

I don't know how you figure that. The hot hand ?  Who has a hotter hand than Iglesias ?  He is batting .446.    Drew is at .232.  Middlebrooks is now batting . 199.  Iglesias is in the process of proving he can hit in the majors. How do you sit , or even platoon , him ?  This is not to even mention his defense , which is far better than Drew's and light years better than Will. 

On second thought , I regret that I wasted my time responding to your sorry post. Will not happen again. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

The Sox need another power RH bat in the lineup for the long term, so they need to see if Middlebrooks can get going. He had good at-bats in Triple-A, so let's get him back in the lineup and see if he can get rolling.

Iggy is going to play a lot between 3B and SS. Drew is hitting about 70 points batter against RH than he is against LH, if you're going to play him, play him against a RH. Iggy likely will play tonight, unless they decide they need to option him to the minors to bring in another bullpen arm after burning throught the bullpen Monday.

Iggy is showing he deserves playing time, so he'll get it. If fans want Drew traded, the Sox can't simply hide him on the bench. He needs to have value.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

Just remember that Iggy "can't hit .400 forever" and Drew "can't hit .200 forever" lol. At least that is what the positive posters keep telling us. 

Correction.  It's Middlebrooks that has been hovering around .200.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

What's the sample size? What's their OBP OPS LD% BABIP WAR BB% K% how many AB%

Whats the long term trend? Career averages? What age are the players?

Looking at BA alone is just irresponsible.

Anyone remember several years ago when everyone wanted to sit David Ortiz because he didn't hit or the first two months of the season....but look how he ended the year.  

John Farrell is smarter than you....and me.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

If anyone has earned being odd man out it's WMB.  But I'm sure all 3 will be given their fair shot.  And yes, it's Iglesias who has been the best player so far.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from makonikyman. Show makonikyman's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

What's the sample size? What's their OBP OPS LD% BABIP WAR BB% K% how many AB%

Whats the long term trend? Career averages? What age are the players?

Looking at BA alone is just irresponsible.

Anyone remember several years ago when everyone wanted to sit David Ortiz because he didn't hit or the first two months of the season....but look how he ended the year.  

John Farrell is smarter than you....and me.

Did people forget that great player by the name of Ted Cox...in 1977 ( after being picked in the 1st rnd ahead of Freddy Lynn, and being voted internationl player of the yr at pawt ) he came up and hit 362 ( 21-58) The red sox wisely sold him high and netted us the Eck...3 yrs later he was out of baseball....haha...gotta know your history in this game and how it can repeat itself..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

Okay. Let's see.  You have three players. Only two can play. One is batting .234 and is decent defensively.  Another is batting .201 and is adequate to decent defensively. The other guy is batting .446 and is absolutely great defensively.  Which one sits ?  Tough decision. The guy batting .446 is the odd man out.  Go figure.  

There's one other number you failed to mention that is probably the direct reason for the manager's decision...that is 9.5 million. NUFCED

Unless the Sox find a trade partner for Drew come July, or he goes down injured, expect Iggy to get his starts against lefties...but consider he's already been promoted to replace Ciriaco as the utility player so he's now part of the major league roster indefinitely.

Just another reason to fuel the Iggy at SS debate! My opinion is, his time will come!

Sections
Shortcuts