defense+hitting+offense+speed+bench=103 wins (guaranteed)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

defense+hitting+offense+speed+bench=103 wins (guaranteed)

I’ve been seeing, and hearing, opinions about where this 2011 Red Sox team belongs as far as “best ever”. I’ve heard comparisons with the post-WW2 teams (that finished 2nd every year), 1967, 1976, 2004 teams, etc.

Nonsense. Let’s be clear; there is no comparison. This team rates #1 in whatever measurement you want to consider: speed, defense, pitching, hitting and bench.

It’s easy to look at the big four (Gonzales, Youkalis, Ortiz and Crawford) and say, what power! But that’s only the beginning. This team will win OVER 100 games this year (I predict 103).

How do I know? I have been a Red Sox fan since the days of Joe Cronin and Lefty Grove, and there has not been another Red Sox team that comes close to rivaling this group.

Remember this come October: 103 wins!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Re: defense+hitting+offense+speed+bench=103 wins (guaranteed)

If you recall Lefty Grove, then why did you neglect "pitching" in UR thread title?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

I'm pretty happy with the Sox right now - no one (except Beckett) has absolutely absurdly good season numbers, so there's little chance of this being a big fluke, and several people are underachieving (Lackey, Pedroia, Crawford, Drew), at least in comparison. Things are coming together...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

In Response to Re: defense+hitting+offense+speed+bench=103 wins (guaranteed):
    [QUOTE]If you recall Lefty Grove, then why did you neglect "pitching" in UR thread title?
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

"hitting" should have been "pitching"; and, yes, I saw Grove pitch twice (both on Sundays); once against Feller. I lived in Somerville, at that time; got the bus to Lechmere at the corner of Medford and Sycamore. About four times a year between 1934 and 1940. My Dad favored the Braves, so we saw each team a couple of times a year. Thanks for noting the error!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

My grandfather was from Sommerville.
    Thanks for the memory . Grove/Feller - man, it doesn't get any better.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

I must really be getting old. I think my headline should have been:

defense+pitching+offense+speed+bench=103 wins!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I feel the beginning of the season was a fluke, no way this team was that bad with all that talent.  However I fear the pendulum may have swung back far in the other direction.  This is an above .500 team but I don't know if they can play .680 ball every month.  You never know, I'm not saying they can't win 103 + games, but my guess is they go through a few more valleys during the year, not as bad as the first couple weeks but enough to allow around 95-96 wins....just my opinion.  I'll be hoping for 110. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Let's not get all carried away with ourselves here.  Most of us who post here have been around baseball long enough to know that it's a game of ebbs and flows.
    Right now the Sox are riding the crest of the wave but they'll hit the trough pretty soon and lose a few, maybe a few in a row, and then they'll resurface and begin to win again.

I do think this team will win the AL East (unlike what I thought three weeks ago when I thought they'd win the WC) with 96 wins.

It's a basic fact of science.  "The cream will always rise to the top".

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

I think while this team still has a chance to win over 100 despite the 2-10 start, Tito will manage to just make it to playoffs, and have enough juice to win it all in October.

My prediction is 95-96 wins.

There is always that streak or two of bad luck that hits every team through the course of the season.  Injuries, lack of hitting, lack of pitching, blown games by BP.  Agreed the team has been scorching hot since 2-10, but that takes too much energy.

They will settle back and let other teams beat themselves, like the Yanks & Rays did yesterday.

There may be some August call ups of minor leaguers to start experimenting with them for the future.  Iglesias will be getting some playing time, and there may be one or two pitchers too.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

i said 99 and once again i will be 100% correct

dont hate - appreciate!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babe-Ted. Show Babe-Ted's posts

Goorom4 is positive and asking us to appreciate. That's a good one. Just feel off my chair laughing.