DeLaRosa ranked #5 on soxprospects.com

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

DeLaRosa ranked #5 on soxprospects.com

The Sox have ranked DeLaRosa at #5...Where would you have ranked him?

Sands isnt listed at all. Is he not considered a rookie anymore?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Re: DeLaRosa ranked #5 on soxprospects.com

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]The Sox have ranked DeLaRosa at #5...Where would you have ranked him?

Sands isnt listed at all. Is he not considered a rookie anymore?[/QUOTE]
    Rubby de la Rosa, who has pitched 61.1 innings at the MLB level, is not considered a prospect under the most common definition of prospect, although SoxProspects apparently exercised its discretion in creating an exception under its own definition:

Prospects - A player will generally graduate from prospect status once he exhausts his MLB "rookie" status." Rookie status is exhausted once a player: (1) has more than 130 at-bats in the majors; (2) has pitched more than 50 innings in the majors; (3) has been on an active major league roster for more than 45 days (not including September call-ups). The SoxProspects Staff will use discretion if these limits are close at the end of each season. Previously, we also considered a prospect graduated from eligibility once that player turned 26 years old. That rule was changed in September 2010..

http://www.soxprospects.com/about.htm

Two years ago SoxProspects created an exception for Ryan Kalish under similar circumstances.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I think it would be interesting to see these services create lists of official  prospects and st barely post-prospect. I'd be curious where Middlebrooks, Lavarnway, Tazawa and Sands would place.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Sands has the AB's for the dodgers, but is not 26. RD has the innings but is still #5...Ok, I get it...I think...

Softy called all these guys "farm scraps" which obviously shows his ignorance. Anyone have any info/opinions on the haul of prospects we got from LA? Ive seen little video of sands, Delarosa and Webster and only know what Ive read from scouts. Weve only seen one of them this year with Boston which he looks to be a UI if anything.

Any of our LA or west coast posters got anything to share with us east coasters?

Sections
Shortcuts