Delusional Comments Thread - Put the Quotes / Comments Here

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Re: Delusional Comments Thread - Put the Quotes / Comments Here

I think the Sox should have talked to Yaz about coming back. 

Sometime in his 60's, the story goes, Ty Cobb was asked what he thought of American League pitching, which was really good that year.  Cobb answered it was OK.  He was then asked what he thought he would hit against these guys, and he answered, "about .300."  The reporter said that must mean Cobb thought the pitching was pretty darn good because his lifetime batting average was .367.  To which Cobb replied, "well, I meant I would hit .300 right now, and I'm 67 years old." 

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Pedey said Beckett pitched EXCELLENT last night and Valentine said that Lester's stuff is ELECTRIC this year.  It can't get much worse than that folks.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I don't really agree with Pedroia about last night.  I'm very happy he is upbeat and not giving up.  But last night I thought Beckett was very hittable and just got lucky.  It looked like 80% of his pitches, maybe more, were 91 mph fastballs, too many of which were not on the corners.  He threw some curves, but very few changeups, and I think he really needs that pitch to be effective.  Plus he threw the wild pitch which essentially brought in the winning run. 

Plus Ross should have caught the fly to right. 

Glad to see Middlebrooks hitting.  Glad Pedroia hit the dinger.  Glad Beckett didn't give up any runs in the 1st inning. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to Re: Delusional Comments Thread - Put the Quotes / Comments Here:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Delusional Comments Thread - Put the Quotes / Comments Here : Take away the fourth run that scored on the WP and Beckett had a quality start.
    Posted by Calzone65[/QUOTE]

Except you cannot take a WP away. That's like saying if the Yanks had only thrown out Roberts, then 2004 would never have happened for the Sox.

It happened, therfore it is part of the record, therefore Beckett did not have a quality start.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from beezer. Show beezer's posts

maybeer after the yankme's sweep sox cherry will remove his head from his butt hearing that sox will not be players at deadline wants to make me toss. what better time than now, to unload. doesn't have to be major, start with old relievers, certain catcher, excess of's, then try to rid yourself of the cancer, mainly bucket. anybody can be traded, some take a little more creativity

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Beckett did not pitch all that badly , but he was hardly " excellent."  He simply is not the pitcher that he used to be. I really don't see that changing.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]Beckett did not pitch all that badly , but he was hardly " excellent."  He simply is not the pitcher that he used to be. I really don't see that changing.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

And it was clear that Joshua Patrick Becektt had lost that something extra towards the end of the 2009 season and as soon as it carried over into the start of 2010 that was where all Theo had to do was wait before giving him that extension (which may never had happened or may have been for less money and years).......

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Delusional Comments Thread - Put the Quotes / Comments Here : Andrew - having a bad Yankee day today?
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

LOL  Jessey, there is no such thing as a good Yankee day.  Tongue out

This is one of the rare times that I happen to agree with Andrew.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

i think beckett pitched well last night...the wild pitch could have been prevented if valentine had  relieved him but i agree w/bobby that he was hardly winded...he did look fresh and strong...

texas is basically the best team in mlb the past three years - we played them hard at their home...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Delusional Comments Thread - Put the Quotes / Comments Here : Take away the fourth run that scored on the WP and Beckett had a quality start.
    Posted by Calzone65[/QUOTE]

LOL on your comment.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

n Response to Re: Delusional Comments Thread - Put the Quotes / Comments Here:
    In Response to Re: Delusional Comments Thread - Put the Quotes / Comments Here : Take away the fourth run that scored on the WP and Beckett had a quality start.
    Posted by Calzone65

LOL on your comment.

You gotta admit, that is maybe the best delusional comment on the entire thread

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Delusional Comments Thread - Put the Quotes / Comments Here : And it was clear that Joshua Patrick Becektt had lost that something extra towards the end of the 2009 season and as soon as it carried over into the start of 2010 that was where all Theo had to do was wait before giving him that extension (which may never had happened or may have been for less money and years).......
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

Agreed.  I would suspect that "the extra something that Beckett lost" was the motivation to put in the necessary time at the gym.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Personally, I believe that if Beckett spent 2.5 hours at the gym every day from now unitl the start of the 2013 season, he would be one of the better pitches in teh AL in 2013.

Too bad he's more concerned with "finding the snitch" than looking internally at ways he can improve.

This isnt rocket science beckett: what made you awesome was your ability to mix in teh 12-6 curveball (that you can locate) with a solid mid-90's fastball (that you can locate).

The curveball and location are still there.  However, you've gotten pudgy and the fastball velocity no longer is.

HIT THE GYM!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I also love it when people talk about Beckett's 2 seam fastball

He had that pitch for a year - 2007 and it faded in 2008.  It stopped working after that I don't think he even bothers with it anymore.

In 2007, he had a 95 to 97 MPH fastball....a 12-6 curve.......a change up that dipped down the low 80's (vs high 80's the year before).......and a 2 seam fastball that had incredible movement to the right.........

today, he has a 90-91 MPH Fastball.....a change up in the mid 80's...a curve ball he can't throw for strikes.......and instead of the 2 seamer he throws an 88-89 MPH cutter which is nothing more than just a slower version of his fastball with about a 2" break........

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Delusional Comments Thread - Put the Quotes / Comments Here : that's like saying "take pike off this board and we'd have a quality board." if only that would happen.
    Posted by mryazz[/QUOTE]

poor pike

not sure who I feel more sorry for - him or the yankee fans that post here.......

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Delusional Comments? *Josh Beckett did his job last night*

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

So JIMMYFROMFLORIDA,  You must have seen some "POSITIVE" stuff last night from the "TEXAS TOUGH GUY" ???     Im sooooo glad that THEO gave him that new contract, he brings sooo much to that starting staff !!!!

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts