Delusional Comments Thread - Put the Quotes / Comments Here

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: Delusional Comments Thread - Put the Quotes / Comments Here

'Heading in the right direction', says Bobby.  Wow.  There's your clincher, folks.  Valentine is indeed a clown.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Melacon could close now that Papelbon is gone.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Young Ben is delusional and is a babe in the woods with other GMs. They see him coming and he cannot make a deal at all. Hey Ben, your cheap alternative Cook is nothing but a 5th starter on a National League Team. He has no business on this team. Great pickups Ben; Sweeney, Bailey, Melancon, Carpenter, Lillibridge, Cook. I think you got lucky on Cody Ross but your deals stunk and you did not help thiis team. Stop BSing about being empowered to make a deal, because you lost your credibility already and its going to be a long time until this team gets it back.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Disregard everything else.

... everyone gets a free pass ...

... if Lester just pitches a good game today.   Even if the pen blows it. 

The starting pitching is horrible.  Absolutely horrible.   PD is correct to jump down the teams throat, but the pitching is by far the albatross making this team stink so badly.   Hitting never makes up for horrible pitching.

Jon Lester, a nation turns its lonely eyes to you ...  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Most of the trade suggestions on here are delusional.  They are based on the premise that opposing G.M.s are either stupid , eager to help the Sox improve , or both.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Do you guys remember a year or two ago when Ellsbury was compared to Granderson and  Pedey was compared to Cano & I think there was a survey as whom would be preferred ?

HR      BA       Lifetime                           HR      BA       Lifetime
    Granderson    27      .249     .266                 *Ellsbury    1       .282     .300

Cano              22      .319     .309                 *Pedey      7        .267    .301

* yup, I know...both hurt so stats can't be fair....

Ellsbury better average and it definitely seems Cano the better choice and also Granderson & Cano with many more HRs.

Tex               19        .262      .280                  Gonzo      9       .291   .293

Even though Gonzo has a higher batting average, I wish we had gotten Texeira years ago !!! Anyway, Monday morning quarterback that I am I wish we had kept Beltre, V. Martinez & even Coco Crisp.  But too I wish we had not gotten Crawford, DiceK, Lackey etc. but their injuries are not mgmt's fault. Reddick playing well with Oakland & we still have not used Bailey.

Sometimes life and baseball are not fair. I'm just venting a bit...Mea Culpa !!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Agon has one of th highest BA with men is scoring position.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Francona will manage for any team he wants now that he no longer manages the Sox...

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

This may actually be somewhat true....but could this rotation be helped out by a return from John Lackey?????

If he gives us what he gave us in 2010 then he would be the best 4/5 guy in the league (or at least top 3)?????  

Buccholz is pitching like an ace.  He really seems to be putting it together, his control looks much better than it has (even in 2010) and he is not letting guys get on base.  If he keeps it up he may just anchor the rotation.

Now is this enough to make the playoffs??? with an extra wildcard I'd say we have a good chance if the offense keeps it up.  But I still see us doing nothing without a good #2 pitcher.  Without Lester or Beckett stepping it up I don't see that happening.   As of right now I'm more hopeful for Lester than Beckett. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

let's buy an EPL team!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Our starting pitching is just fine. What we need is a right-handed bat.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Guys like Robin Ventura, with no management experience, should not be managing in the majors!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

"The Red Sox will never reach .500!!"

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: Delusional Comments Thread - Put the Quotes / Comments Here:
    [QUOTE]This may actually be somewhat true....but could this rotation be helped out by a return from John Lackey????? If he gives us what he gave us in 2010 then he would be the best 4/5 guy in the league (or at least top 3)?????   Buccholz is pitching like an ace.  He really seems to be putting it together, his control looks much better than it has (even in 2010) and he is not letting guys get on base.  If he keeps it up he may just anchor the rotation. Now is this enough to make the playoffs??? with an extra wildcard I'd say we have a good chance if the offense keeps it up.  But I still see us doing nothing without a good #2 pitcher.  Without Lester or Beckett stepping it up I don't see that happening.   As of right now I'm more hopeful for Lester than Beckett. 
    Posted by ctredsoxfanhugh[/QUOTE]

Hahaha.  I had this same thought the other day.  It cracked me up.  Talk about through the looking glass.  WHAT WE NEED IS A JOHN LACKEY.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from never1954. Show never1954's posts

How come when his back feels great he can't get out of the first inning but when his back hurts or spasms he goes 4 strong......someone punch him in the back before every start please......Thanks

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Carl Crawford will return back to his career norms!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Josh Beckett is an Ace

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Jon Lester is an Ace

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Francona had nothing to do with last September

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

JD Drew is one of the best right fielders in the game

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Crawford's due up in the bottom of the 9th...we still have a shot to come back!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Salty's terrible!