Delusional Comments Thread - Put the Quotes / Comments Here

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Re: Delusional Comments Thread - Put the Quotes / Comments Here

In Response to Re: Delusional Comments Thread - Put the Quotes / Comments Here:
    "The Red Sox will never reach .500!!"
    Posted by LloydDobler

Come on Dobbs - you can do better than that.

You do realize that the Sox are a mere ONE game over 500

ONE GAME

And I made that statement like 2 months ago - keeping in mind that they had dropped below 500 several times since then.....and not reaching 500 for at least a few weeks after the statement

That's hardly "delusional"

It's off yes....but only by the narrowest of margins; hardly delusional.......

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: Delusional Comments Thread - Put the Quotes / Comments Here : Come on Dobbs - you can do better than that. You do realize that the Sox are a mere ONE game over 500 ONE GAME And I made that statement like 2 months ago - keeping in mind that they had dropped below 500 several times since then.....and not reaching 500 for at least a few weeks after the statement That's hardly "delusional" It's off yes....but only by the narrowest of margins; hardly delusional.......
    Posted by andrewmitch

Point is, you said they'd never reach .500 again. Which they did, no matter how far over they went.
    Also, in the interest of accuracy, I never said a word about the White Sox hiring Robin Ventura.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Re: Delusional Comments Thread - Put the Quotes / Comments Here : Point is, you said they'd never reach .500 again.
    Posted by LloydDobler
    That's a fair point. Time to man up drew?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I already said I was off.....But to claim it was "delusional" is well, DELUSIONAL!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

I already said I was off.....But to claim it was "delusional" is well, DELUSIONAL!
    Posted by andrewmitch

Sorry, dude, but to say this team would never reach .500 again back in the spring was pretty delusional. Though I agree it's probably not the most delusional thing you've ever said.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Posted by andrewmitch

Sorry, dude, but to say back in the spring this team would never reach .500 again was pretty delusional. Though I'd agree it's probably not the most delusional thing you've ever said.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to Re: Delusional Comments Thread - Put the Quotes / Comments Here : Sorry, dude, but to say back in the spring this team would never reach .500 again was pretty delusional. Though I'd agree it's probably not the most delusional thing you've ever said.
    Posted by LloydDobler

It wasn't delusional.  They have barely hovered around 500.  If anything it was much more accurate than delusional....but you keep on with the insults towards me if you think it will help you........

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: Delusional Comments Thread - Put the Quotes / Comments Here : It wasn't delusional.  They have barely hovered around 500.  If anything it was much more accurate than delusional....but you keep on with the insults towards me if you think it will help you........
    Posted by andrewmitch

Hey, you're the one who launched the first grenade. At least I quoted your delusional comment accurately.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to Re: Delusional Comments Thread - Put the Quotes / Comments Here : Hey, you're the one who launched the first grenade. At least I quoted your delusional comment accurately.
    Posted by LloydDobler

I sure did...but if you think that comment was delusional then I think you ought to ask Santa for a dictionary this year.......or easier still, just check the standings - and check them over the course of the past 2 months..........

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: Delusional Comments Thread - Put the Quotes / Comments Here : I sure did...but if you think that comment was delusional then I think you ought to ask Santa for a dictionary this year.......or easier still, just check the standings - and check them over the course of the past 2 months..........
    Posted by andrewmitch

So proud of the Santa comment that you used it on two different threads, huh? I've given up asking that guy for anything since he ignored my pony request when I was 8.

No, you did not quote me accurately. I said, and stand by saying, that hiring Carlton Fisk as manager made no sense due not only to his absence of any coaching experience, but the fact that he's been completely removed from the game for nearly two decades. I never mentioned anything about Robin Ventura, mainly because I didn't care who the White Sox hired.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to Re: Delusional Comments Thread - Put the Quotes / Comments Here : So proud of the Santa comment that you used it on two different threads, huh? I've given up asking that guy for anything since he ignored my pony request when I was 8. No, you did not quote me accurately. I said, and stand by saying, that hiring Carlton Fisk as manager made no sense due not only to his absence of any coaching experience, but the fact that he's been completely removed from the game for nearly two decades. I never mentioned anything about Robin Ventura, mainly because I didn't care who the White Sox hired.
    Posted by LloydDobler

Right, you said a guy couldn't manage if he hadn't managed before.  And whola - a guy who never managed before was not only given a chance but is in line to win the Manager of the Year Award.........So....I think what you said was pretty unfair and well, delusional based on (1) what you said and (2) what is transpiring right in front of our eyes.....But you just keep holding onto your dreams that it's not accurate and maybe one day Santa will also bring you that Pony!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: Delusional Comments Thread - Put the Quotes / Comments Here : Right, you said a guy couldn't manage if he hadn't managed before.  And whola - a guy who never managed before was not only given a chance but is in line to win the Manager of the Year Award.........So....I think what you said was pretty unfair and well, delusional based on (1) what you said and (2) what is transpiring right in front of our eyes.....But you just keep holding onto your dreams that it's not accurate and maybe one day Santa will also bring you that Pony!
    Posted by andrewmitch

Technically, I said coach. Because the guy I wanted was Tony Pena. Clearly Ventura has proven his worth, but in no way does that mean I was wrong about Fisk.
    So me being wrong (in your mind) about that is delusional, but you being wrong about the Sox never reaching .500 (when they've spent nearly half the season at or above) is not delusional. Gotcha.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Delusionnal comments? Hmm

Repeatedly  commenting about "warning" us innocent bystanders about contract extensions seems pretty delusional. Gee, what actions were we supoposed to take?

Oh, and using one hand to blast all these bad Sox contracts while the other hand recommends signing Scott Kazmir for $4mill also seems pretty delusional to me.

And really, saying anything bad about Beckett's deal and never mentioning the far worse and less productive one given to Lackey seems pretty delusional.   Especially after telling everyone why Lackey is not considered a bust.

Lloyd? Please "Reply to this post" so dear Andrew can read it.  He has me on ignore for saying the kinds of things to him that he just said to you...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Delusionnal comments? Hmm Repeatedly  commenting about "warning" us innocent bystanders about contract extensions seems pretty delusional. Gee, what actions were we supoposed to take? Oh, and using one hand to blast all these bad Sox contracts while the other hand recommends signing Scott Kazmir for $4mill also seems pretty delusional to me. And really, saying anything bad about Beckett's deal and never mentioning the far worse and less productive one given to Lackey seems pretty delusional.   Especially after telling everyone why Lackey is not considered a bust. Lloyd? Please "Reply to this post" so dear Andrew can read it.  He has me on ignore for saying the kinds of things to him that he just said to you...
    Posted by notin

You got it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In Response to Re: Delusional Comments Thread - Put the Quotes / Comments Here : Come on Dobbs - you can do better than that. You do realize that the Sox are a mere ONE game over 500 ONE GAME And I made that statement like 2 months ago - keeping in mind that they had dropped below 500 several times since then.....and not reaching 500 for at least a few weeks after the statement That's hardly "delusional" It's off yes....but only by the narrowest of margins; hardly delusional.......
    Posted by andrewmitch

Actually it is.

Every team in baseball will be within 10% of .500.  That the Sox repeatedly hovered around the mark all but cinched they would at least reach it at some point...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to Re: Delusional Comments Thread - Put the Quotes / Comments Here : Technically, I said coach. Because the guy I wanted was Tony Pena. Clearly Ventura has proven his worth, but in no way does that mean I was wrong about Fisk. So me being wrong (in your mind) about that is delusional, but you being wrong about the Sox never reaching .500 (when they've spent nearly half the season at or above) is not delusional. Gotcha.
    Posted by LloydDobler

Your rationale against Fisk was that he had never managed before.  I gave you a perfect example of why it doesn't matter - staring you right in the face....and you chose to ingore it.  That's delusional.

Sox were at most what?  3 games above .500? Since I made that statement they were around 500....and that's where they are now....How is that delusional?  It was off, but it was close.  Only missing it by the smallest of margins...Meanwhile Robin Ventura is in line for Manager of the Year with a first place team.

I guess you have a better a chance of getting your Pony that you will at grasping at the concept of delusional.  I'll write the letter to Santa for you this year!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Delusionnal comments? Hmm Repeatedly  commenting about "warning" us innocent bystanders about contract extensions seems pretty delusional. Gee, what actions were we supoposed to take? Oh, and using one hand to blast all these bad Sox contracts while the other hand recommends signing Scott Kazmir for $4mill also seems pretty delusional to me. And really, saying anything bad about Beckett's deal and never mentioning the far worse and less productive one given to Lackey seems pretty delusional.   Especially after telling everyone why Lackey is not considered a bust. Lloyd? Please "Reply to this post" so dear Andrew can read it.  He has me on ignore for saying the kinds of things to him that he just said to you...
    Posted by notin

Andrew puts you on ignore when he loses an argument to you.  That is why he has 1/2 the board on ignore, he loses a lot of arguments. 

He is pulling a vintage Andrew move right now with Lloyd.  Lloyd called him out for the .500 comment, Andrew then moves the goal posts and brings up the managerial discussion, even though there is no correlation. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In Response to Re: Delusional Comments Thread - Put the Quotes / Comments Here : Your rationale against Fisk was that he had never managed before.  I gave you a perfect example of why it doesn't matter - staring you right in the face....and you chose to ingore it.  That's delusional. Sox were at most what?  3 games above .500? Since I made that statement they were around 500....and that's where they are now....How is that delusional?  It was off, but it was close.  Only missing it by the smallest of margins...Meanwhile Robin Ventura is in line for Manager of the Year with a first place team. I guess you have a better a chance of getting your Pony that you will at grasping at the concept of delusional.  I'll write the letter to Santa for you this year!
    Posted by andrewmitch

Lloyd, you might want to remind andrew that just because Ventura is successful with no managerial experience does not mean anyone with no experience will be.

Ventura was also entering a "no lose" situation.  Maybe andrew forgot, but the White Sox were in cost-cutting/semi-rebuilding mode, selling off Santos and Quentin and others for minor league talent, and shopping Floyd and Peavy and few others with little action.  Very big difference taking a job where pre-season expectations were "maybe we can catch the Royals" as opposed to the Red Sox, where the need was to eradicate memories of September...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to Re: Delusional Comments Thread - Put the Quotes / Comments Here : Your rationale against Fisk was that he had never managed before.  I gave you a perfect example of why it doesn't matter - staring you right in the face....and you chose to ingore it.  That's delusional. Sox were at most what?  3 games above .500? Since I made that statement they were around 500....and that's where they are now....How is that delusional?  It was off, but it was close.  Only missing it by the smallest of margins...Meanwhile Robin Ventura is in line for Manager of the Year with a first place team. I guess you have a better a chance of getting your Pony that you will at grasping at the concept of delusional.  I'll write the letter to Santa for you this year!
    Posted by andrewmitch

Santa just wrote me back.   He said he will get a dictionary this year and if you read it, a Pony next year........But you can't disrespect Fisk!!!!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Talk to the Angels about Trout for Crawford. They'll bite, I just know it--I'm convinced of it. Neither player will have any trouble clearing waivers. Go for it!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In Response to Re: Delusional Comments Thread - Put the Quotes / Comments Here : Andrew puts you on ignore when he loses an argument to you.  That is why he has 1/2 the board on ignore, he loses a lot of arguments.  He is pulling a vintage Andrew move right now with Lloyd.  Lloyd called him out for the .500 comment, Andrew then moves the goal posts and brings up the managerial discussion, even though there is no correlation. 
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards

Well, I never lost an argument to him, but my last comment he replied to was far from friendly as well. 

Then again, so was the comment I was replying to...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Posted by andrewmitch

OK, one last time: My argument against hiring Carlton Fisk was that he had (a) never coached before (not managed) and (b) been completely removed from the game for nearly two decades. Clearly Robin Ventura has proven his doubters wrong, at least so far, but in no way does that reflect on how Carlton Fisk (who as far as I know has never expressed any interest in managing) might have done.

The Red Sox have been at or above .500 for nearly half of the season. That illustrates how truly delusional your prediction was. You didn't say they wouldn't finish at .500, you said they'd never reach .500. And yes, you said .500, not .505 or .510.

This insanity has gone on (more than) long enough and I've made my point, so I'm out.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

What about Kevin Millar?  How about him as a MGR?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Can we post delusional comments from this thread back into this thread or is that too circular even for here? 

If so, then from page one: 

"The pitching is fine."

LOL yeah it's awesome. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Can we post delusional comments from this thread back into this thread or is that too circular even for here?  If so, then from page one:  " The pitching is fine." LOL yeah it's awesome. 
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker
    You should take over for pike. Laughing

Sections
Shortcuts