Dempster Beckett

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Dempster Beckett

This guy was supposed to bring veteran leadership? Talk about losing it. Reminds me of Beckett against the Yanks a few years ago when he threw at/hit about half dozen batters and then claimed he wasnt trying to hit anyone.  He turned Arod into a sympathetic figure and rallied his team around him, and because of it we lost 2/3 to the yanks when CC was terrible. I'm guessing today on the flight to SF Dempster will drink and eat himself into a stupor and then explain that his "off day is my off day". Clay cant get back here fast enough for me - time to move this salami to the island of long relief. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: Dempster Beckett

In response to georom4's comment:

This guy was supposed to bring veteran leadership? Talk about losing it. Reminds me of Beckett against the Yanks a few years ago when he threw at/hit about half dozen batters and then claimed he wasnt trying to hit anyone.  He turned Arod into a sympathetic figure and rallied his team around him, and because of it we lost 2/3 to the yanks when CC was terrible. I'm guessing today on the flight to SF Dempster will drink and eat himself into a stupor and then explain that his "off day is my off day". Clay cant get back here fast enough for me - time to move this salami to the island of long relief. 

Agree.  Might had a different outcome to last night's game if Arod wasn't hit.   Definitely thought that the momentum in the game shifted to the Yankees.  I would love to see Buchholz back with the Red Sox soon, although, I am not sure when he will be back. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Arod and Yanks got last laugh. The W.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I dont think Dempster sparked anything with NY. Sox had the lead 5+ innings later. Farrell meesed up again in his timing of leaving pitchers in and taking them out.

Im betting that most players in the lwague were fans of Dempster plunking A-Rod. I am. I dont think this is comparable to Beckett one bit. The only ones that felt sorry for A-Rod was A-Rod, a few dumb NYY fans and a couple of his teammates.

I wish I could hear what each player in that NYY locker room truly feel about him and being on this team right now knowing that all the other players who were caught are acting like real men and taking their punishment without fighting it because they know they got caught. If the NYY win anything everyone will have an asterisk next to this team because of A-Rod. But hes too selfish to care. he just wants to be liked so bad and doesnt realize how much hes truly hated.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

I dont think Dempster sparked anything with NY. Sox had the lead 5+ innings later. Farrell meesed up again in his timing of leaving pitchers in and taking them out.

Im betting that most players in the lwague were fans of Dempster plunking A-Rod. I am. I dont think this is comparable to Beckett one bit. The only ones that felt sorry for A-Rod was A-Rod, a few dumb NYY fans and a couple of his teammates.

I wish I could hear what each player in that NYY locker room truly feel about him and being on this team right now knowing that all the other players who were caught are acting like real men and taking their punishment without fighting it because they know they got caught. If the NYY win anything everyone will have an asterisk next to this team because of A-Rod. But hes too selfish to care. he just wants to be liked so bad and doesnt realize how much hes truly hated.

i love your posts South but youre simply spinning here - that was a serious tipping point in the game and maybe the season....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

i love your posts South but youre simply spinning here - that was a serious tipping point in the game and maybe the season....

[/QUOTE]

I dont buy that theory. I truly belive what Im typing Geo. No spin intended. the Sox were in control through 5 innings and ahead 6-3. Farrell allowed Dempster to go too long. He mismanaged the pitching once again. Why take Demp out his last start when hes pitching one of his best games of the year at 88 pitches, but leave him in for 107 when hes looking mediocre?

Im sure it got the NYY worked up, but the didnt do much for 5+ innings.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Keep your fingers crossed, Georem!

I know being right is more importtant to you than the Sox winning.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Whether the A-Rod beaning swayed the game outcome or not, the biggest problem was that Dempster just pitched lousy, as he all too often does.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenwellforpresident. Show greenwellforpresident's posts

I don't think Dempster was prepared to pitch the whole game.  He fully expected to be thrown out after hitting A-Rod.  I can't understand why he wasn't tossed, the ump made matters worse with that decision.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to greenwellforpresident's comment:

I don't think Dempster was prepared to pitch the whole game.  He fully expected to be thrown out after hitting A-Rod.  I can't understand why he wasn't tossed, the ump made matters worse with that decision.

With the way Dempster pitched, the Sox may have won, if he'd been tossed then.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

When it happened, I thought Dempster was dumb, but southpaw is right.  The Sox had a 3 run lead in the 6th, Dempster folded, and Farrell unaccountably left him in too long.  As someone pointed out, Dempster is consistently awful against the Yankees, so the rally was a good bet without the HBP.  All the more reason to question Farrell.

Beckett was a much better pitcher than Dempster and maybe still is, but trading him helped the clubhouse.  I'm guessing Dempster is not a negative influence, but right now he is really hurting the team.  

The deal for Peavy is making more and more sense.  With Iglesias out, Middlebrooks and now bogaerts are in Boston, two hopefully good righty bats.  I hated losing Iglesias, but I think I understand it.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

do real men

act like a 50 gm suspension is the same as 200 plus games

10 mill is the same as 40 mill plus

normally I would say it sounds pretty disingenuous to me

what's worse Is I think you and S5 are serious with all this high horse talk

show me a player that wouldn't fight for all the extra millions he was penalized for vs the others

then show me a team that has benched their players while appealing

till then I'll be disappointed in both you guys

BTW 777

do you really want the kids to read about

how you think hitting a guy with a 90mph BB is a good thing to do

over and over no less

bad enough they saw RSN cheering it last night

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

HAHAHAHA.  the best part about this is now watching all the yankee "fans" flip the script and NOW are defending arod.  hahahahahaha.

up until last night they have wanted him dead for the past 1 or 2 years.  "we never want him to play in our uniform again".

HAHAHAHAHAHA.

enjoy your arod you hypocrites.

HAHAHAHAHAHA.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

do real men

act like a 50 gm suspension is the same as 200 plus games

10 mill is the same as 40 mill plus

normally I would say it sounds pretty disingenuous to me

what's worse Is I think you and S5 are serious with all this high horse talk

show me a player that wouldn't fight for all the extra millions he was penalized for vs the others

then show me a team that has benched their players while appealing

till then I'll be disappointed in both you guys

BTW 777

do you really want the kids to read about

how you think hitting a guy with a 90mph BB is a good thing to do

over and over no less

bad enough they saw RSN cheering it last night

Think about the children!!

LOL!

Please...

Plunking players in the ribs has been the "right" thing to to do in baseball since before any of us were watching the game.

Kids should see a cheating DB getting what's coming to him.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

AROD is likely a NARC as well as a cheater and an obstructor to justice. Who would support him other than those who must?

Zac please tell us what you like about him, and be honest please.

other than not crying about being the only one on ''the list '' outed at the time

not much burrito

but that's not the point

I'm not arguing for arod

nyy - yes

mostly I'm arguing for the credibility of the board

some of these statements are so far off IMO

personally I have little problem with the 200 gms

but the rules say he can play why he appeals

time we put the big boy pants on

suk it up and get over it

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

There were many mistakes by Boston last nite just like the Yankees on saturday afternoon game.   From hitting A-Rod, giving up homerun, Britton gave up three run triple which that fly ball should be caught if Ellsbury wasnt shifted way out to the left field, had many chances to score more runs off of Sabathia, etc.

Well, Farrell will be telling this team that they got to start winning, and cant worry what Tampa or Baltimore or Yankees are doing.  Right now it is four teams race to win the divisional title!!

Boston better go 4-2 this week before heading back home next week!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

I dont buy that theory. I truly belive what Im typing Geo. No spin intended. the Sox were in control through 5 innings and ahead 6-3. Farrell allowed Dempster to go too long. He mismanaged the pitching once again. Why take Demp out his last start when hes pitching one of his best games of the year at 88 pitches, but leave him in for 107 when hes looking mediocre?

Im sure it got the NYY worked up, but the didnt do much for 5+ innings.

sorry Southie but anyone watching that game will tell you that it fired the Yankees up....this is why stats are meaningless in these situations -  simply go to any New England Sports page and read what is being said -  Dempster had a Beckett like meltdown that damned the team for idiotic personal reasons....even Four B's cant deny that and he is the chief apologist at BDC

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

HAHAHAHA.  the best part about this is now watching all the yankee "fans" flip the script and NOW are defending arod.  hahahahahaha.

up until last night they have wanted him dead for the past 1 or 2 years.  "we never want him to play in our uniform again".

HAHAHAHAHAHA.

enjoy your arod you hypocrites.

HAHAHAHAHAHA.

here

buy a clue

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

If A-Rod is guilty, one would think the honorable thing to do would be to appeal but not play...maybe the 211 games get reduced in arbitration and maybe they don't, but he would still be on the hook for 50 at the very least, I would imagine.

(Yes, I know Melky played while appealing, etc. etc....very different situation, I think, given how publicly all of this is playing out.)

If he is innocent, then his own teammates and fans, and all the players and fans of the teams he's competing against, deserve to hear him say so. "I defer this to my lawyer" and "There will be a time later to tell my story" aren't going to cut it. If he has an explanation, I'd love to hear it and have my opinion of him changed, but until then we have to draw our own conclusions from his silence.

He has the right to appeal and play while he's doing so, and no, there's no use crying about it...it is what it is, but that doesn't make it right.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Not only did it fire the Yankees up, Girardi did exactly what he should have by getting tossed. Which showed everyone he had  A-Rod's back. Like the Tek/A-Rod incident did for us in '04, I wouldn't be surprised to see this spark the Yankees to the wild card.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

...and the very next day the Sox call up Bogaerts. No coincidence here. While myself and most everyone in NE loved seeing AR hit, it would have been better to concentrate on winning the game. I'm talking about Dempster. 7 runs. 9 hits. 5 1/3 innings. 

Rather than giving AR 1st base, how about striking him out? There's a novel idea. AR swinging hard on some high heat-chin music? We are in a race for the pennant. The Yankees are not. Dempster let emotion rule rather than focus on winning the game. Maybe he thought this would fire up the Sox? I don't know but, it blew up in his face. 

Like I said, next day the Sox call up Bogaerts. Message received. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

All talk after the fact.... Had A-rod hit home run without being hit by pitch would Yanks rally around him.I'm will to bet that most of A-Rods team mates can't stand the guy. Pitchers around the league would love to clock A-Rod....Lets see how many more step forward and say hello to Mr ..A--Roid..........I do agree with you though.... Dempster should not have thrown that ball where he did. It should have been a little higher.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Drilling A-Rod was stupid, but the problem goes deeper than that. The Dempster signing was a mistake. This guy is just not very good. Continuing to run him out there compounds the mistake.

Stabbed by Foulke.