Dempster gives up 3 ER and 1 Homer in 5 IP & Rounding into Season form

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Re: Dempster gives up 3 ER and 1 Homer in 5 IP & Rounding into Season form

In response to softlaw2's comment:

He threw only fastballs, so he's ready to pick up where he left off when he left Texas. No doubt, Dempster is going to intimidate AL hitters.

Dumpster's "fastball" doesn't even reach 90 usually. He better develop an eephus pitch to vary his speeds. Dumpster is going to get hammered in the ALE. He is cannon fodder, raw meat for the lions. His ERA will probably top 5.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

If this were one isolated incident of stiffy bashing a RS player, one might overlook it (as with my knocks on Lackey since he came to Boston).  When it becomes a pattern, as it always is with the stiffster, we know with absolute certainty that he is a Red Sox hater.

That said, Dempster was mixing a lot better in his other starts this ST.  I hope it was due to him working on something with his fastball!!!  I don't have high hopes for the guy, but I do hope he a relatively solid #4.  I'm absolutely hoping / praying he benefits from my low expectations! 

If the starting rotation lives up to their potential, we have a pretty solid starting rotation.  Big question marks though....  Who knows how Lackey's arm will hold up?  Who knows whether Douby can get stretched out enough to last an entire season?  Dose Douby play himself into acceptable shape?  Can Demptster really compete in this tough hitters AL East? 

One thing is guaranteed though......   Stiffy is a Yankee fan!

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Dempster is a mediocrity who should never have been signed. He will be lit up by the better hitting teams. The idea of him pitching in Yankee Stadium , with that short porch , is scary.  A few other things to consider : The team with the most wins takes the division. Therefore , each game is equally important. So , numbering your starters one through five or six is absurd and meaningless. All it shows is that you have low expectations for your so called number four starter. That means that when Dempster gets shelled, it will not be too bad because , after all , he is only our " number four " guy. I mean , how much can we expect from our number four guy, even though we are paying him millions ?   

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

With his outing today,Dempster's 2013 Spring Training ERA jumped up to 3.06.Who cares if his ERA is lower than Felix Hernandez's,Justin Verlander's or Stephen Strasburg's right now,we should all bash him because of 1 bad outing rather than look at the overall picture so far this spring.

Why give him a chance or benefit of the doubt,right? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

LOL! Signing Dumpster was an act of desperation. Who gives out 26.5 million dollar contract to an old NL prima donna who was a big bust in the AL West?  When you try and find the worse management in baseball, it's hard to make up the embarrassing tracks that Red Sox management leaves.

Seriously, if this guy pitches 180 inning with an ERA under 5 then he will have exceeded my expecations. I hope he shocks me and does a lot better than that. I won't be holding my breath.

Or admitting you were wrong if it happens.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

Dempster is a mediocrity who should never have been signed. He will be lit up by the better hitting teams. The idea of him pitching in Yankee Stadium , with that short porch , is scary.  A few other things to consider : The team with the most wins takes the division. Therefore , each game is equally important. So , numbering your starters one through five or six is absurd and meaningless. All it shows is that you have low expectations for your so called number four starter. That means that when Dempster gets shelled, it will not be too bad because , after all , he is only our " number four " guy. I mean , how much can we expect from our number four guy, even though we are paying him millions ?   

Not with the lineup the Yankees will be putting out this season.  Just as long as he walks Cano.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In the absence of today Dempsters stats were very very impressive, yet you bash him.  But when a kd whose barely had 250 ab in double A does great in ST your ready to hand him over the keys? 

If JBJ has one bad game are you going to call hm garbage too? I'd say no......that would be to consistent for you.

Dempster has looked good, who cares about his fastball.   A lot of veteran pitches get by well enough with a 90 my fastball, as long as you have a drop off from your off speed stuff and good control ou can be as effective as anyone.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

softy continues to sink lower and lower to the depths of spam-happy trolldom...soon he shall be king of the trolls.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

softy continues to sink lower and lower to the depths of spam-happy trolldom...soon he shall be king of the trolls.

Careful or BurittoT/EdithBunker will accuse you of being carnie.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

He threw only fastballs, so he's ready to pick up where he left off when he left Texas. No doubt, Dempster is going to intimidate AL hitters.

Maybe we should call this the Idiot Report? Guess you've been waiting all spring for this if you can call 5 IP 3 runs getting rocked. If he gives up 3 or less in every outing this year you can count me as a huge fan. One thing Dempster will do is throw strikes and give you innings, from the 4-5 guy in the rotation, were you expecting King Felix type numbers? At least its not Dice K or Aaron Cook type of outing. Just give me quality starts and I'll be very happy.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

softy is runaway winner of 'spammer of the day' award for March 19, starting 6 threads, and duplicating one by mistake.  one of the thread titles was 5 lines long for bonus points.  nice work.  it'll be tough to top that today but i wouldn't count him out.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

He just got 8 "carnie" and "conan" posts removed courtesy of me.  Wakes up this mornign and the first thing he does is start on you again... by all accounts he is over 50 years old based on what he has said in the past. He refers to 1967 like I refer to 1986 to, a good indication.

He apparently thinks he'll be able to run me out of this forum the same way he did RedSoxDOrtiz. He's got another think coming though. I also reported this profile and I'll report every new one he creates until he learns how to behave himself better.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from chetgnat. Show chetgnat's posts

I felt better about this particular signing before I saw the stuff. On paper, he's a solid back-end starter who can eat innings just like Wake. But in live action, that stuff is "meaty". The fastball is BP-esque.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

One bad outing?

Sheesh -- he had one bad inning. He only threw 73 pitches when he left, so if it were the regular season, he would have pitched another two innings. And the way he was pitching after the third, he could have been 7 IP, 3 ER.

I would nominate softy's OP as a contender for the most pathetic post of the year so far, but he and bill have so many pathetic posts already and likely will have many more.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to royf19's comment:

One bad outing?

Sheesh -- he had one bad inning. He only threw 73 pitches when he left, so if it were the regular season, he would have pitched another two innings. And the way he was pitching after the third, he could have been 7 IP, 3 ER.

I would nominate softy's OP as a contender for the most pathetic post of the year so far, but he and bill have so many pathetic posts already and likely will have many more.

Careful with that or BurittoT will be coming after you for attacking Bill's patriotism.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to chetgnat's comment:

I felt better about this particular signing before I saw the stuff. On paper, he's a solid back-end starter who can eat innings just like Wake. But in live action, that stuff is "meaty". The fastball is BP-esque.

He averaged a k an inning last year.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

We are not asking the world from Dempster as a 4 or 5.....a 4.50 ERA would be a big improvement over what we had last year and I think he can do that....the fact that he can do that and pitch 200+ innings keeps us in games and keeps the BP from being overused as opposed to so many guys we had last year who were done after 3 or 4 innings....did they overpay him....probably... but lets give him a chance

Sections
Shortcuts