Dempster gives up 3 ER and 1 Homer in 5 IP & Rounding into Season form

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: Dempster gives up 3 ER and 1 Homer in 5 IP & Rounding into Season form

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Ah, hitting in an NL lineup is a great comparision to AL hitters because the numers are usually deflated because of the lack of the extra bat in the lineup and the way the NL has to be managed.

What was his ERA "against the AL', in 2012? The man is old, so I'm not interested in "against the AL" career stats. Lazy bugaboo.

but, it's his median average!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Ah, hitting in an NL lineup is a great comparision to AL hitters because the numers are usually deflated because of the lack of the extra bat in the lineup and the way the NL has to be managed.

What was his ERA "against the AL', in 2012? The man is old, so I'm not interested in "against the AL" career stats. Lazy bugaboo.

So you don't think Dempster is overpaid but is a decent end of the rotation starter?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Mania high...lazy bugaboo...the linguistic innovations never cease.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

You forgot: "stinky pants", and "mental midget", and "stooge", and "___"...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

You forgot: "stinky pants", and "mental midget", and "stooge", and "___"...

..and "imbed"...

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from taz1956. Show taz1956's posts

How many here have watched Dempster pitch? I live in the Chicago area and have seen him pitch since he came here. In his tenure with the Cubs he has continually faced what many here would call top of the rotation pitchers and has kept them in most ball games. Every 5tyh day he takes the ball and attacks the hitters even when he doesn't have his best stuff. This guy has what has been lacking since Schilling left which is a heart of a champion. Hopefully he can teach this to Lester and Buchholz so that they can become the pitchers many experts believe they can be. Before you bash a player look further than their stats so that you can make an educated opinion.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

"grumpy pants" came from snaked.

No, Dumpster is overpaid and an indecent member of the rotation.

Okay.

We shall see then.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to taz1956's comment:

How many here have watched Dempster pitch? I live in the Chicago area and have seen him pitch since he came here. In his tenure with the Cubs he has continually faced what many here would call top of the rotation pitchers and has kept them in most ball games. Every 5tyh day he takes the ball and attacks the hitters even when he doesn't have his best stuff. This guy has what has been lacking since Schilling left which is a heart of a champion. Hopefully he can teach this to Lester and Buchholz so that they can become the pitchers many experts believe they can be. Before you bash a player look further than their stats so that you can make an educated opinion.

I know. He is a decent pitcher. Again, pretty much everyone knows that.

he and Victorino are good players.  Just way overpaid.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

In response to taz1956's comment:

I know. He is a decent pitcher. Again, pretty much everyone knows that.

he and Victorino are good players.  Just way overpaid.

And they're only overpaid because Ben wanted to get them on shorter contracts so he paid more per year. I realize this is a difficult concept for some to understand, but I'm sure if they try really hard they can wrap their heads around it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SallyCarnie. Show SallyCarnie's posts

He threw only fastballs, so he's ready to pick up where he left off when he left Texas. No doubt, Dempster is going to intimidate AL hitters.

Dempster was a bad signing. He should be in the NL, not the AL East.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

I like to watch pitchers that know what they are doing when they are on the mound. I like pitchers not throwers. I like guys that can go after hitters and not be too cute and run up their pitch count. There will be games when Dempster will get knocked around--but I think there will be very few of those. If his pitching acumen rubs off on Lester, Buch and Doubie that will be worth the price for a great teacher. Lackey--looked very good last night and he has strung along several good outings--I would hope for a continued good recovery as the season progresses. If he needs to skip a few outings perhaps we'll see Webster, which would be a treat.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to ArtCarnie's comment:

Dempster should stay in the NL.

Thank you for that insightful baseball commentary Edith.

16. This post has been removed.