Dempster Hit Arod because he snubbed him at a public event

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Dempster Hit Arod because he snubbed him at a public event

It has been reported on Yahoo and other outlets that Dempster didn't hit Arod because of his PED use, but because of Arod snubbing Dempster at a public event.

That alone is reason for putting the overpaid Canadian in the bullpen. If he was a good pitcher maybe it's okay, but Dempster is the worst of the Red Sox starters and shouldn't be putting anybody on base. He puts enough runners on base without trying.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: Dempster Hit Arod because he snubbed him at a public event

I cant find anything on this ADG. can you please post the article(s) where you read this. Thanks

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

who cares - unless his wife was sleeping with him there is no reason to take a personal shot at him that cost us the game....

beckett dumb

As always - 100% correct!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

I cant find anything on this ADG. can you please post the article(s) where you read this. Thanks

--------------------------------------

It was in this article (Twitter quotes) but seems to be missing now.I had read it earlier too.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/boston-ryan-dempster-hits-alex-rodriguez-fails-vengeance-025623534.html

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

who cares - unless his wife was sleeping with him there is no reason to take a personal shot at him that cost us the game....

beckett dumb

I dont care that he plunked him geo, I just have 2 issues with it.

1. when he did it. Wait until right before your about done for the night. Or at least follow the unwritten rule of "you had your chance and blew it". his missed him and it should have ended there.

2. after missing his shot on the 1st pitch, he could have cost this bullpen a lot of unnecessary IP by plunking him on pitch 4 after already throwing behind him. Hes extremely luck he wasnt tossed, because he should have been for that move.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]

beckett dumb

1. when he did it. Wait until right before your about done for the night. Or at least follow the unwritten rule of "you had your chance and blew it". his missed him and it should have ended there.

2. after missing his shot on the 1st pitch, he could have cost this bullpen a lot of unnecessary IP by plunking him on pitch 4 after already throwing behind him. Hes extremely luck he wasnt tossed, because he should have been for that move.

[/QUOTE]

South - I agree with you -  a simple plunking wouldve been Ok but not what he did...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:

--------------------------------------

It was in this article (Twitter quotes) but seems to be missing now.I had read it earlier too.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/boston-ryan-dempster-hits-alex-rodriguez-fails-vengeance-025623534.html

I just wish there was a direct quote to back that up. Not that I doint believe it, but most repporters use a direct quote in a situatioin like this.

If he did it because of a personal snub, then I take big issue with him if I am Farrell. I dont think Dempster is that unprofessional though, so I tend to not fully believe it.

I think ARod should be beaned in every game he plays for what hes doing.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

I think ARod should be beaned in every game he plays for what hes doing.

I couldn't agree more.  When Dempster hit Arod I said to myself, "I hope this starts a trend".  Sometimes all it takes is for one person to do the right/wrong thing and it catches on.

I can think of only one reason why Dempster didn't get run.  The ump not only knew what was going on, he agreed with it. Umps are baseball guys too, ya know.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to edsam44's comment:

a

The trick is to be smarter than your browser, Edsam.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

the pitch got away from him.  <sarc>

that being said...arod answered it big time with that blast to CF.

grrrrrr.

i couldnt believe he didnt get tossed when he drilled him on pitch 4.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

beckett dumb

Damn straight.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

the pitch got away from him.  <sarc>

that being said...arod answered it big time with that blast to CF.

grrrrrr.

i couldnt believe he didnt get tossed when he drilled him on pitch 4.

How could Dempster NOT expect to be tossed??  He obviously went after ARod.  It just took him for (obvious) attempts to be successful!\

The intelligence of plunking him under those circumstances aside, had the umpire done the "right" <Smirk> thing and tossed Dempster it would have necessitated activation of the BP, who in all likelihood wouldn't have done any better than Dempster did.  Ya gotta remember, our long relief isn't exactly 'lights out'. 

I'm just hoping that the Sox don't lose the division by one or two runs.  We may have pzzd away one last night, and I'm still smarting from the one we lost on the bad call at the plate.  A win or two can be very important at the end of the season. 

Which BTW is why I'm in favor of the Instant Replay.  If I'm going to win or lose I at least want it to be based on what happened on the field.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc2. Show croc2's posts

Dempster had no buisness plunking A -Fraud.  And A-Fraud had no business being on the feild.  Why it takes MLB so long to decide an appeal is ridiculous.  This should have been dealt with days ago, yet this cheat remains in the field.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Well put. Here are  my issues:

1. The timing. Leading off the second inning with a 2-0 lead? Flat-out stupid.  And the ump would have been well within his jurisdiction to toss Dempster, which as you said would have  taxing the hell out of the bullpen.

2. Retaliation. There is little doubt that somebody, probably Papi or Pedey, will be targeted when we go there in September. Hopefully it will just be in back and  not  the elbow or somewhere that can mean a loss for the season.

3. Stupid. Who knows if we would have  won had  Dempster not thrown at  him,  but clearly that woke the Yankees up. Girardi did exactly what he should have and got tossed, and it showed everyone he has A-Rod's back. Hell,  it was a bonding moment. Wouldn't be surprised  to see them go on a streak now.

4. Finally, and I know I'm in the vast minority here, I see no reason to throw at A-Rod. He's a jerk, a cheater, and a liar,  yes ...  but he's done nothing specifically to the Red Sox. Had he cleated somebody and shown up a  pitcher on a  home run or pulled  that stupid "I got it!" thing he did  in Toronto, then have at it.  But last  night made no sense.

5. Oh, and the fans cheering wildly was an embarrassment. My 10-year-old son said  that.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to S5's comment:

How could Dempster NOT expect to be tossed??  He obviously went after ARod.  It just took him for (obvious) attempts to be successful!\

The intelligence of plunking him under those circumstances aside, had the umpire done the "right" <Smirk> thing and tossed Dempster it would have necessitated activation of the BP, who in all likelihood wouldn't have done any better than Dempster did.  Ya gotta remember, our long relief isn't exactly 'lights out'. 

I'm just hoping that the Sox don't lose the division by one or two runs.  We may have pzzd away one last night, and I'm still smarting from the one we lost on the bad call at the plate.  A win or two can be very important at the end of the season. 

Which BTW is why I'm in favor of the Instant Replay.  If I'm going to win or lose I at least want it to be based on what happened on the field.

And a damn fine avatar,  by the way.