Dempster Ready to Go!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Re: Dempster Ready to Go!

funny how you only make these posts when he has a sup-par outing but where are you when he pitches well? nowhere to be found. chump.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

3 Earned Runs and 3 Walks in 4 IP

He's ready for the Yankees and the AL.

Wait.......aren't you the same kid that thinks whatever happens in spring training is LAW?????? HAHAHAHAHAHA!...................................ha.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Stiffy is a small sample.  LOL  Just ask....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

The small sample size judgements made by this clown are never ending, but when someone else tries to use a small sample size to refute the clown, he screams "median average" or "career norm.

He once made a definitive judgement on a player based on one pitch. Honestly he did! I forget who it was, but the player kept the bat on his shoulder and took a strike, and that was it for that player: banished to the softy doghouse for life.

He also wrote off a player for having rap music blaring from his vehicle.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

spam

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

funny how you only make these posts when he has a sup-par outing but where are you when he pitches well? nowhere to be found. chump.

It's typical troll behavior. softlaw is the second biggest troll in this forum after pike.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

You are losing it. Get outside more.

I've noted that you think Dempster is ready to do a good pitching job.

Define "good pitching job"

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

It's typical troll behavior. softlaw is the second biggest troll in this forum after pike.

He is a bigger troll than Pike.

If he hadn't been banned 8 or 9 times I would guess that he has posted 40 or 50 thousand times.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

3 Earned Runs and 3 Walks in 4 IP

He's ready for the Yankees and the AL.

Dempster and Lackey could be the two guys that dictate how our season goes.  I wasn't a fan of bringing either of them to Boston but it is what it is.  I'm glad we have guys like Webster, Barnes and De La Rosa waiting in the wings. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Only the greatest of the great can scout and evaluate talent by reading box scores from ONE spring training game.........truly inferior we are.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

JBJ went 0-2 with a strike out against the Yankees this spring, Softy must think he's not ready.

On July 22nd 1972 Nolan Ryan gave up 7 ER in 3.1 innings 6H and 2BB....he must be one of the worst pitchers of all time.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

I ... wonder if softy could ever be called typical.

Even in the troll community, he is considered atypical.

Troll.

Softy

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Same folks saying ST means NOTHING!  are now concerned.

Dempster will win 10+  with a sub 5.00 ERA  :)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to mryazz's comment:

In response to moonslav59's comment:

The small sample size judgements made by this clown are never ending, but when someone else tries to use a small sample size to refute the clown, he screams "median average" or "career norm.

He once made a definitive judgement on a player based on one pitch. Honestly he did! I forget who it was, but the player kept the bat on his shoulder and took a strike, and that was it for that player: banished to the softy doghouse for life.

although i dislike mr softy as much as the next guy, i agree that anyone who likes rap* definitely has a screw loose and should be ignored.

* one exception is GRANDMASTER FLASH. rap started and should have ended with them.

THE MESSAGE and WHITE LINES are excellent songs.

I'm pretty sure the Sugar Hill Gang predates Grandmaster Flash. And if "A Boy Named Sue" isn't rap, I'm not a hillbilly.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Full season with an ERA under 4.5 and over 160 IP

You see, it's not hard.

We'll save this!

Dempster will give us 4.50 / +/- .25  with 175 IP

He will win 10 - 12 games

Making him a decent 4 - 5 SR guy

Plus the GREAT clubhouse guy

I'm OK with Dempster

Can we dump Stiffy from the BDC SR?

PLEASE?!?!?!?

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Full season with an ERA under 4.5 and over 160 IP

You see, it's not hard.

Thanks man.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

I was against the Dempster signing...didn't want Ben to even go there. When it was reported that Dempster had rejected a 2/25 offer from the Red Sox I thought we'd probably dodged a bullet, but then we came back and signed him for even more.

The difference is that at a certain point I choose to shut up, root for the guy to do well and prove me wrong, and just let him pitch. If he stinks it up, one can always check back in a month or two, or at midseason, or in September/October to say "I told you so"...but it must be so miserable to spend all spring constantly complaining about the same things you spent all winter complaining about.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:

I was against the Dempster signing...didn't want Ben to even go there. When it was reported that Dempster had rejected a 2/25 offer from the Red Sox I thought we'd probably dodged a bullet, but then we came back and signed him for even more.

The difference is that at a certain point I choose to shut up, root for the guy to do well and prove me wrong, and just let him pitch. If he stinks it up, one can always check back in a month or two, or at midseason, or in September/October to say "I told you so"...but it must be so miserable to spend all spring constantly complaining about the same things you spent all winter complaining about.

Everyone was against the Dempster signing. He is overpaid and the Red Sox could have done better. That doesn't mean he is a bad pitcher.  

Softlaw says the definition of a good pitching job is 160 IP and an ERA under 4.5 so by his definition Dempster has done a good pitching job quite often.