Dempster Should Be The One Removed From Rotation

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Dempster Should Be The One Removed From Rotation

And to think, we have this guy next year at $13.5M. His numbers stunk in Texas and they stink now. The problem is where do you put him?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

Re: Dempster Should Be The One Removed From Rotation

Especially if he can't a 58 year old catcher out!!! Blanco with a slam �� that's bad

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

The Sox cannot be Felix Hernandez. Both losses to Seattle at the hands of King Felix.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to ADG's comment:

And to think, we have this guy next year at $13.5M. His numbers stunk in Texas and they stink now. The problem is where do you put him?

Ryan Dempster is simply not very good. His ERA is steadily climbing. May be over 5.00 before too long.  Some here will tell you that he is acceptable for a so-called # 5 starter.  Not if you can do better.  We have already seen Workman and Britton show better stuff than Dempster. We also have Barnes , Ranaudo , DeLaRosa, Webster and others. Signing Dempster for two years at that kind of money was a mistake. Continuing to run him out there , as his performance declines , compounds the mistake. What can I tell you?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

Dempster's success was against the NL.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

Ryan Dempster is simply not very good. His ERA is steadily climbing. May be over 5.00 before too long.  Some here will tell you that he is acceptable for a so-called # 5 starter.  Not if you can do better.  We have already seen Workman and Britton show better stuff than Dempster. We also have Barnes , Ranaudo , DeLaRosa, Webster and others. Signing Dempster for two years at that kind of money was a mistake. Continuing to run him out there as his performance declines , compounds the mistake. What can I tell you?

Let the young guys pitch... I cant stand watching Dempster ... is he pitching batting practice or what tonight?  The fact that he would throw a mediocre fast ball down the middle to a sub .200 hitter with or without the bases loaded was just plain stupid... he should be taken out of the rotation for sure...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from goffoli. Show goffoli's posts

In response to ANONMD08's comment:

Dempster's success was against the NL.

How can front office honestly look at this guy and say he is a major league pitcher.Designate him for assignment tomorrow a.m. cut ties eat his salary, bye bye all of his starts the rest of season will be a waste.Please do it Ben,his starts  will be the difference between us making playoffs give them to a young guy I like our chances better.Awsome young talent us it  . What a waste of money.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

In response to ANONMD08's comment:

The Sox cannot be Felix Hernandez. Both losses to Seattle at the hands of King Felix.

Felix is not the issue. Dempster is the issue. Workman is a pitcher; Dempster is over-the-hill.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

Amen!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Children you do know prior to tonight the RS won 7 of his 11 starts and in 9 of those he gave up 3 or less earned runs. You look at tonights game and base all your comments on what you think which is not based in fact.

Any team that has a guy in 11 games only give up 3 or less in 9 would love that. But RS fans throw the guy under the bus

LOVE my  Red Sox, Bs, Cs, Pats and enjoy the ride every year. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

What NO come backs from the Dump Demster crowd?

ARE THE REAL Facts getting in the way of your factless statements????

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from slaaonta71. Show slaaonta71's posts

yes take him outta of that starting job and put workman in there  or else you can count on wright bailing dempster out once again

Ryan Dempster is simply not very good. His ERA is steadily climbing. May be over 5.00 before too long.  Some here will tell you that he is acceptable for a so-called # 5 starter.  Not if you can do better.  We have already seen Workman and Britton show better stuff than Dempster. We also have Barnes , Ranaudo , DeLaRosa, Webster and others. Signing Dempster for two years at that kind of money was a mistake. Continuing to run him out there , as his performance declines , compounds the mistake. What can I tell you?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

Children you do know prior to tonight the RS won 7 of his 11 starts and in 9 of those he gave up 3 or less earned runs. You look at tonights game and base all your comments on what you think which is not based in fact.

Any team that has a guy in 11 games only give up 3 or less in 9 would love that. But RS fans throw the guy under the bus

Yeah the Sox may have won those games but how about you give the real stats instead of some fluff stats.... his last 10 starts he has gone 7 innings only one time and is a fairly big reason why the BP was overworked... so yeah 3 or less earned runs but thats based on an average of 5.4 innings per outing which is why is era is creeping toward 5.00

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I'd rest Dempster 2-3 starts soon, then Doubront 2-3 starts, then Lackey 1-2 starts, and maybe Lester 1-2 starts. Of course this is assuming Buchholz returns and/or Workman continues to shine.

Sox4ever

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

The question is; Should Dempster be removed from the rotation?  The answer depends on whether we have five pitchers who can do better. Either you think we do or you think we don't. I think we do. No need for the drama and trying to put a spin on some numbers while ignoring others. It comes down to whether Dempster is one of our five best options to start. Right now, I don't think he is. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

The question is; Should Dempster be removed from the rotation?  The answer depends on whether we have five pitchers who can do better. Either you think we do or you think we don't. I think we do. No need for the drama and trying to put a spin on some numbers while ignoring others. It comes down to whether Dempster is one of our five best options to start. Right now, I don't think he is. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

I agree, but since Doubront and Lackey probably need some time off pretty soon, and maybe Lester as well, I'd start by resting Dempster 2-3 starts. Let him know, he will get his rotation slot back afterwards. Then when he returns, rest Doubront 2-3 starts, Lackey 1-2 starts, and Lester 1-2 starts. By then, we should have a better idea of who is healthy and deserves to be in the 5 man rotation. My guess is, Dempster will be the odd man out.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I would have to concur with the concensus! Until Dumpster can actually find his good stuff put him in the pen. In 10 days bring back Workman and put him back in the rotation. When Sally Buchholz is ready then put Workman in the pen but not until then.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

Jim - Is there ANYONE on the Red Sox that isn't performing? His WHIP is 1.50 and of his 22 starts, he's only gone 7 IP or more 6 times. He hurts the bullpen big time.

Here's my question to you: Would you rather start Workman or Dempster right now?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Stabbed by Foulke.

That was my point. Jim didn't answer the question but defended him. The bottom line question is if you had to decide between Workman and Dempster who would you choose?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

don't jump on me you asked the question  at 7 am I'm just getting on now so don't ask a question at 7 am and at 7:01 AM say I did not answer

dempster and workman long relief. Dempster because it is crunch time and IMHO he will not wilt under any pressure

as for the innings stat in 7 of the last 11 he has gone 6 or more 3 of then 7+ and 3 were 5.1 in Only in 2 did he over use the BP

Talk about only using certain stats

Workman has 4 games under his belt and some want him to carry a load in crunch time

If 6 innings pitched is considered taxing the BP then he has done it inn 4 of his 4 games

Sections
Shortcuts