Dempster suspended 5 games

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

Re: Dempster suspended 5 games

In response to michaelsjr's comment:

In response to MustangBri's comment:

What a joke!!  Not thrown out of the game,  but suspended.  Huh?

Baseball might have done the Sox a favor had they thrown Dempster out considering the outcome from that point on.  But to suspend him without the dude being thrown out of the game....  ludicrous!!

Take care of business MLB and get Slappy out of a professional uniform ASAP.  His playing while being one of the 12 cheating  apostles while the other 11 are doing their time already is a double standard.   And,  shame on the NY Yankees organization for letting him see the light of day in a professional uniform at the big league level in the first place.  I bet if George were still alive,  ARoid would be logging his time in baseball riding the bus from small town to small town in Single A ball.  Quit letting this one character be bigger than The Game itself.

+1000

Thank you. Tongue Out   I feel better now that I got that off my chest!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Dempster is a hero.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:

In response to southpaw777's comment:

No problem. Im sure he could use the rest and skip a start. He deserved it. Not for hitting him, but for making it painfully obvious.

they are saying an undisclosed fine, but a friend of mine told me he's hearing it's being reported as $5,000

not too bad...that's only $1,250 per pitch Tongue OutWink

only 13,245,000 left on his deal after that massive blow to the wallet Tongue Out

LOL..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaysofYaz. Show DaysofYaz's posts

As long as its only going to be 5 games it should be open season on arod now by every pitcher he faces. Of course, most won't suffer any penalties as they'll be able to get him with one try.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

It's not so much that someone plunks AROD, it's that any way you slice it, letting what amounts to a baseball version of a criminal continue to affect the outcomes on MLB games just shows you how the system is all screwed up. It's wrong, not Dempster going after AROD, just that AROD gets to trot out there and hold just completely sham interviews with the media and get to call himself a MLB player. It's wrong.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

What would be funny is when dempster talks to the media he said something like,

"Well, like any person who does something wrong and gets caught, I'll own up to it and take my punishment like a man. No appeal, no complaining, no suing MLB, nothing like that. I did the crime and Ill do the time. No whining like a little baby."

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

"Well, like any person who does something wrong and gets caught, I'll own up to it and take my punishment like a man. No appeal, no complaining, no suing MLB, nothing like that. I did the crime and Ill do the time. No whining like a little baby."

Sean McAdam   

Dempster says he won't appeal suspension and will begin serving tonight

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Which again makes Dempster my hero.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

[QUOTE]

We should offer a trade of suspensions for AROD and DEMPSTER.

Just kidding......but seriously

Bill Shaikin - Los Angeles Times, Baseball SportswriterRecap: Dempster could play while appealing suspension for hitting a guy who is playing while appealing suspension.

[/QUOTE]

Good one!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/yankees/post/_/id/62742/girardi-fined-in-dempster-vs-a-rod

Girardi was fined 5,000, for his poor acting performance

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

No problem. Im sure he could use the rest and skip a start. He deserved it. Not for hitting him, but for making it painfully obvious.

He deserved it for hitting him leading off the second in a two run game, then not getting anyone out thereafter. This wont even phase the Sox. If Selig really wanted to punish the team, he wouldnt suspend him five games, hed make him start five games in a row.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Yes, Id LOVE to see it!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Girardi is stupid, he should want this guy out there ASAP. They're 6.5 games back.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to crazyworldoftroybrown's comment:

Girardi is stupid, he should want this guy out there ASAP. They're 6.5 games back.

Im sayin'.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Red Sox News ✔ @GlobeSox Ryan Dempster considered appealing, but opted to serve 5-game suspension now, "in the best interests" of the #RedSox http://b.globe.com/16t29Hi

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Red Sox News         @GlobeSox

'I always put my team first' - Ryan Dempster rejects theory that hitting A-Rod was selfish & not #RedSox-focused http://b.globe.com/1ardewH 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

they are saying an undisclosed fine, but a friend of mine told me he's hearing it's being reported as $5,000

not too bad...that's only $1,250 per pitch Tongue OutWink

only 13,247,000 left on his deal after that massive blow to the wallet Tongue Out

LOL..

looks like Dempster's turning a profit, with his fine at $2,500, he's now down to $625 per pitch....let's see Walmart beat that!! Tongue Out

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

[QUOTE]

Im sayin'.

[/QUOTE]

hard to imagine someone that ''stupid''

earned a industrial engineering degree from  Northwestern

but yeah I got your point

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Im sayin'.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Book smart. Not street smart. ;-)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Im sayin'.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The guy should not have been fined, he should have received an oscar for his performance LOL!

For him to say this is the most upset he has ever been on a baseball field is beyond unbelievable.  So he, as a catcher, was never involved with beaning a batter, really?  I am against throwing balls at batters but to hear gerardi talk this is the first time this has ever happened.  One would think that arod was hit in the head and he landed in the hospital.  Was a drama queen he is LOL!

Arod certainly knows how to milk this situation for his own good and girardi is using it to fire up his team.  I would say they are as sly as a fox.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:

Im sayin'.

The guy should not have been fined, he should have received an oscar for his performance LOL!

For him to say this is the most upset he has ever been on a baseball field is beyond unbelievable.  So he, as a catcher, was never involved with beaning a batter, really?  I am against throwing balls at batters but to hear gerardi talk this is the first time this has ever happened.  One would think that arod was hit in the head and he landed in the hospital.  Was a drama queen he is LOL!

Arod certainly knows how to milk this situation for his own good and girardi is using it to fire up his team.  I would say they are as sly as a fox.

He misremembers catching Roger Clemens

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Im sayin'.

I also thought of good old roger and other yank pitchers.  I have no respect for a man like gerardi, what a weasle.  He and arod should get along just fine.  I wonder what torre would have done.

I think my yank friends are milking this a bit too much also.  Sorry guys, but this is really a non story.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Im sayin'.

How PC of you, LOL

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

For him to say this is the most upset he has ever been on a baseball field is beyond unbelievable. 

actually he said it was probably the most upset...................

FWIW

Buster Olney @Buster_ESPN 12m

.I've known Joe Girardi since '98 and he very, very rarely utters profanity. He may have doubled his lifetime &!%@ total on Sunday night.

girardi is a pretty straight forward very religious guy

I have NP believing him when he says

it was probably the most upset...................

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

Sections
Shortcuts