Dempster suspended 5 games

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Re: Dempster suspended 5 games

I think some of those is boston are upset because it was done early in the game and hurt the sox.  It fired up the yanks and the sox lost.  I don't think anyone in boston is upset that arod was hit LOL!

No kidding.

If girardi is so offended and thinks that arod was being attacked by a weapon then I'm sure when he took over as manager he told all his pitchers that they can't ever throw at a batter.  I'm also sure that under his watch that no yank pitcher has thrown at a batter and I'm sure that they will never throw at a batter as long as gerardi is manager.  His concern for arod's safetly should be extended to all batters in both leauges.

I'm also sure that if a yank pitcher throws at a batter under girardi's watch that he will immediatly pull that pitcher and make him sit for a month!!!!  I'm also sure that the moon is made out of cheese ;0)

You have a point, in a wayward sort of way, but his job is in protecting his players; and as a result, he may retaliate, but for that purpose only. One of the reasons he mentioned the danger was in response to the appalling reaction of the Fenway crowd. Also, you are taking an idealistic approach to claim Girardi as a hypocrite, partly due to your fandom. Sooner or later people get hit, accidentally or otherwise. His approach is, since it’s dangerous, this should be minimized. The approach with him is not to hit somebody just because they’ve done well for example; a common occurrence; but in his case, I can never recall it. To say it shall never happen is ridiculous, and you know it. BTW, How many RS were hit in this series? ZERO. NYY?  FOUR, intentional or not. Also 3 knockdowns. I wonder how you would feel if the shoe was on the other foot.

This is a big story because it's august and things are slow.  Talk shows don't have much to talk about so they are blowing this thing up, they are sensationalizing it for ratings.

YES. Then again, talk shows are kind of stupid, and I wish I could stop my addiction.

How many batters got hit yesterday, the day before, etc.  Where is the outrage there?

To repeat for the umpteenth time; 4 straight pitches of that type of intent; something practically everyone agrees upon, is unprecedented.

Some batters get hit because they hit a home run!  They get hit for doing their job, weapons are being thrown at them, they could get hurt, oh noooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!  I got it, no more throwing at batters, never, ever.  If a pitcher hits a batter throw the book at him!!!!

Categorize this as a rant.

Don't you see how absurd this all is?  What's the big deal?  I can almost guarantee that if you replace the name arod with ortiz the yank fans on this thread would think that this is a non issues.

Ironic; it’s  the RS fans that appear all up in arms here; the NYY fans appear relatively calm. However, if Ortiz was hit, I’m pretty sure fans of both persuasions, like in this case, would notice.

I, as others on this board post about this because I want too, nuf' said.

As is your right.

One more thing; I am not interested in doing this all night. I expect you to respond, but that shall be the last of it. If you want to claim victory, so be it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Perhaps I misinterpreted this comment

I also thought of good old roger and other yank pitchers. 

I also brought up Torre since I felt it was relevant to the HBP argument.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

I think some of those is boston are upset because it was done early in the game and hurt the sox.  It fired up the yanks and the sox lost.  I don't think anyone in boston is upset that arod was hit LOL!

No kidding.

If girardi is so offended and thinks that arod was being attacked by a weapon then I'm sure when he took over as manager he told all his pitchers that they can't ever throw at a batter.  I'm also sure that under his watch that no yank pitcher has thrown at a batter and I'm sure that they will never throw at a batter as long as gerardi is manager.  His concern for arod's safetly should be extended to all batters in both leauges.

I'm also sure that if a yank pitcher throws at a batter under girardi's watch that he will immediatly pull that pitcher and make him sit for a month!!!!  I'm also sure that the moon is made out of cheese ;0)

You have a point, in a wayward sort of way, but his job is in protecting his players; and as a result, he may retaliate, but for that purpose only. One of the reasons he mentioned the danger was in response to the appalling reaction of the Fenway crowd. Also, you are taking an idealistic approach to claim Girardi as a hypocrite, partly due to your fandom. Sooner or later people get hit, accidentally or otherwise. His approach is, since it’s dangerous, this should be minimized. The approach with him is not to hit somebody just because they’ve done well for example; a common occurrence; but in his case, I can never recall it. To say it shall never happen is ridiculous, and you know it. BTW, How many RS were hit in this series? ZERO. NYY?  FOUR, intentional or not. Also 3 knockdowns. I wonder how you would feel if the shoe was on the other foot.

This is a big story because it's august and things are slow.  Talk shows don't have much to talk about so they are blowing this thing up, they are sensationalizing it for ratings.

YES. Then again, talk shows are kind of stupid, and I wish I could stop my addiction.

How many batters got hit yesterday, the day before, etc.  Where is the outrage there?

To repeat for the umpteenth time; 4 straight pitches of that type of intent; something practically everyone agrees upon, is unprecedented.

Some batters get hit because they hit a home run!  They get hit for doing their job, weapons are being thrown at them, they could get hurt, oh noooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!  I got it, no more throwing at batters, never, ever.  If a pitcher hits a batter throw the book at him!!!!

Don't you see how absurd this all is?  What's the big deal?  I can almost guarantee that if you replace the name arod with ortiz the yank fans on this thread would think that this is a non issues.

Ironic; it’s  the RS fans that appear all up in arms here; the NYY fans appear relatively calm. However, if Ortiz was hit, I’m pretty sure fans of both persuasions, like in this case, would notice.

As is your right.

One more thing; I am not interested in doing this all night. I expect you to respond, but that shall be the last of it. If you want to claim victory, so be it.

I guess when I am being sarcastic I should make it clear.  I was being sarcastic steven, not ranting.  You have accused me of this before and I find it offensive. Is it because I'm a woman, if so, not nice.

You believe I am seeing through sox colored glasses and I believe you are seeing through yank glasses.  I think we are both righ

I think your post is wrong on so many levels but I will give you the last word and not respond to your many points. You are right, we should end it here.

I still think you are a good guy, too bad you root for the dark side ;0) 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to torgorocks' comment:

A-rod not in Yankee line-up tonight. Suffering from PTS after being hit by Dempster's blazing fast ball.

He'll probably go on the DL for the rest of the season.  I'm sure after that awful terrible moment he will be afraid to face another batter LOL!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

Here's how you know Girardi's a fraud - he didn't come flying out of the dugout until the warning was issued to Sabatthia, meaning he couldn't retaliate.  That's what set him off - that nonsense about the ball being a weapon; I'm sure retaliation will be waiting for us in the Bronx.

The Yankees FO was probably more concerned with the HR than the beaning - they don't want A-Rod hitting those milestone bonuses.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruinss. Show BostonBruinss's posts

A-rod not in Yankee line-up tonight. Suffering from PTS after being hit by Dempster's blazing fast ball.

sox fans gotta stop the Arod obsession. Jeez

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to slomag's comment:

Here's how you know Girardi's a fraud - he didn't come flying out of the dugout until the warning was issued to Sabatthia, meaning he couldn't retaliate.  That's what set him off - that nonsense about the ball being a weapon; I'm sure retaliation will be waiting for us in the Bronx.

The Yankees FO was probably more concerned with the HR than the beaning - they don't want A-Rod hitting those milestone bonuses.

LOL, so true.  Will the ball be a weapon the next time he has his pitcher throw at a batter.  The guy should have kept his mouth shut because the next time a yank hits a batter gerardi will look like the hypocrite that he is.

He is trying to fire up his team but I think he has gone a bit too far.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:

No kidding.

As is your right.

I guess when I am being sarcastic I should make it clear.  I was being sarcastic steven, not ranting.  You have accused me of this before and I find it offensive. Is it because I'm a woman, if so, not nice.

You believe I am seeing through sox colored glasses and I believe you are seeing through yank glasses.  I think we are both righ

I think your post is wrong on so many levels but I will give you the last word and not respond to your many points. You are right, we should end it here.

Sorry, I'm breaking my word. I mentioned rant once amongst a bunch of remarks; I misunderstood your sarcasm, and I apologize. To bring in the gender card otherwise, is unfortunate. I never associated that soley with females. There's plenty of male proof all over this board, and I've pointed it out at times.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to BostonBruinss' comment:

sox fans gotta stop the Arod obsession. Jeez

Just having a little fun, arod is such an easy target LOL!  Trying to take the high road after all he's done.  He brings it on himself.  Girardi just makes it worse with his 'weapon' comment.  They must think baseball fans are pretty stupid.

I like your dog, chocolate lab?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

No kidding.

As is your right.

Sorry, I'm breaking my word. I mentioned rant once amongst a bunch of remarks; show me in that particular blurb otherwise. To bring in the gender card otherwise, is unfortunate. I never associated that soley with females. There's plenty of male proof all over this board, and I've pointed it out at times.

Steve~

You have accused me of ranting twice and I don't like it.  I don't think I used the gender card but if you believe I did so be it. 

I will accept this as your way of apologizing, thanks.  I really do believe we should stop before this thing gets ugly.

Have a good night!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

No kidding.

As is your right.

Sorry, I'm breaking my word. I mentioned rant once amongst a bunch of remarks; show me in that particular blurb otherwise. To bring in the gender card otherwise, is unfortunate. I never associated that soley with females. There's plenty of male proof all over this board, and I've pointed it out at times.

Steve~

You have accused me of ranting twice and I don't like it.  I don't think I used the gender card but if you believe I did so be it. 

I will accept this as your way of apologizing, thanks.  I really do believe we should stop before this thing gets ugly.

Have a good night!

You're right, I misunderstood your sarcasm, and I apologize.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

No kidding.

As is your right.

Steve~

Have a good night!

You're right, I misunderstood your sarcasm, and I apologize.

You are a good man steven and I'm glad you're my yank friend.  Still too bad you cheer for the dark side ;0)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

That's an interesting, and funny, take. I'm sure Cashman had mixed feelings about the plunk, as well.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:

Your thought process is bizarre.

Girardi came out of the dugout when the weinie punk Dempster wasn't ejected but just warned, and wasn't tossed as he should have been.

I'm sure Girardi remembers as well as you when Joba was ejected without a prior warning for throwing over Youk's head and then suspended.

And let us not forget 3 Yankees were hit after the warning and after Girardi was ejected and not a gd thing happened.

It looks to me like the warning was issued to the Yankees and to Sabathia but not to the Red Sox, wth they beaned 3 more Yankees..

I don't like Arod but what i really dislike more than Arod are Yankee players being intentionally beaned by a no-talent coward who squirrels in the corner of the dugout in between innings and hides behind the DH instead of going to the plate with a bat.

The good news is the Yankees have 4 games left with the RS in the Bronx and Dempster most likely will  have one of those starts.

Let's see how well this spineless coward holds up in the Bornx.

No he didn't - look at the video.  He doesn't move until Sabathia gets warned.

Look at you suddenly becoming A-Rod's cheerleader.  Two months ago you were certain the fans in the Bronx would never allow him back on their field.  Now you think they will rise as one in defense of their 3B.

The game doesn't get clean until the players demand it.  That's what Dempster did. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Deleted my post bunch of cowards.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

They're moderating a Sox site, TWM. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

Theyre moderating a Sox site, TWM

Moderate this.

The signs and catcalls were ok, acceptable, part of the game what is to be expected.

After Arod was thrown at and then finally beaned that was one of the sickest displays I've ever seen in sports Sunday night with all the yahoos standing cheering foaming at the mouth like they were watching the lions devour the christians because someone they displayed was intentionally beaned. . Looked like Eagle fans, I thought Fenway was better than that.

I hope it inspires the Yankees.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Moderate this.

That was one of the sickest displays I've ever seen in sports Sunday hight with all the yahoos cheering foaming at the mouth like they were watching the lions devour the christians.

I thought it was great, and well deserved. I bet most of the players did, too. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Moderate this.

That was one of the sickest displays I've ever seen in sports Sunday hight with all the yahoos cheering foaming at the mouth like they were watching the lions devour the christians.

I thought it was great, and well deserved. I bet most of the players did, too. 

Maybe they're feel different a month from now when they look back. Hopefully.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Who are Red Sox going to crucify this week for their fans?

Any ideas?

Why don't they have dog fights in Fenway while the team is on the west coast?

The fans would enjoy it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

I'm finished posting on this site.

I'll be back the day(not too far off) when the Sox get bounced from the play-offs.

Later.

Sections
Shortcuts