Dempster turns down offer from Sox.

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Re: Dempster turns down offer from Sox.

If we sign Dempster or Lohse at anything close to the numbers that are being rumored, I think I'll have to stand with the Albiikikles and ADGs and Georoms on this one. Either one of them could probably be an improvement on Dice-K and Aaron Cook, but that's about the best I can say.

Why pass on Haren and McCarthy and then offer more money to older, inferior pitchers?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If we sign Dempster or Lohse at anything close to the numbers that are being rumored, I think I'll have to stand with the Albiikikles and ADGs and Georoms on this one. Either one of them could probably be an improvement on Dice-K and Aaron Cook, but that's about the best I can say.

Why pass on Haren and McCarthy and then offer more money to older, inferior pitchers?

[/QUOTE]

you just made the 

"complainer of the year" list Mr.!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

you just made the 

"complainer of the year" Mr.!

[/QUOTE]

I am getting the idea that Cherrington is an idiot. The only signing he made that I am okay with is Napoli, and I am not in love with paying a 227 hitter 39 million over 3 years when Texas had no interest in picking up his option. Do they know something, maybe posiibly PEDs or something. Victorino was a dumb signing at the money for 39 million for a guy who struggled in the National League to hit 255 and hit 11 homeruns. Who in the hell was going to give Gomes two years over 10 million dollars, no one, he is an option you pick up in January at 1 million for one year if that or an incentive based contract as a backup at best. I would have been happier if they saved all this money and threw a contract at Hamilton, not these guys. how in the world do you throw money at a 35 year old pitcher from the National League who struggled in the American League when he was traded there and 24 million to boot?

Well unless they pick up a Hamilton or a good pitcher I am not wasting my time with paying for a baseball package this summer. I will find out how they made out in the game by periodically checking ESPN

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to AL34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

you just made the 

[/QUOTE]

I am getting the idea that Cherrington is an idiot. The only signing he made that I am okay with is Napoli, and I am not in love with paying a 227 hitter 39 million over 3 years when Texas had no interest in picking up his option. Do they know something, maybe posiibly PEDs or something. Victorino was a dumb signing at the money for 39 million for a guy who struggled in the National League to hit 255 and hit 11 homeruns. Who in the hell was going to give Gomes two years over 10 million dollars, no one, he is an option you pick up in January at 1 million for one year if that or an incentive based contract as a backup at best. I would have been happier if they saved all this money and threw a contract at Hamilton, not these guys. how in the world do you throw money at a 35 year old pitcher from the National League who struggled in the American League when he was traded there and 24 million to boot?

Well unless they pick up a Hamilton or a good pitcher I am not wasting my time with paying for a baseball package this summer. I will find out how they made out in the game by periodically checking ESPN

[/QUOTE]

Now if you would just stop wasting your time posting here...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I hope we don't make a counter-offer.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Not worth it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to carnie's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

you just made the 

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

carnie - you add nothing here other than little "no fact snippets". 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

you just made the 

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You are getting the idea? Victorino, Napoli, Gomes, Ross. $100M. And now offering Demster $25M over two? Did anyone watch him pitch once he came over to the AL? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

The thread should be "Dempster does Sox a favor".... but I guess this only makes me a complainer. Hfsoxnut and the "positive" posters would have been tellin us all how useful Dempster would be had he accepted the offer.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

you just made the 

[/QUOTE]

I'm trying to work towards it, I just don't know if I have the self-discipline.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

In response to carnie's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

you just made the 

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Free counntry carnie. free country

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

you just made the 

[/QUOTE]

I'm trying to work towards it, I just don't know if I have the self-discipline.

[/QUOTE]

I agree McCarthy was a cheaper sign than Dempster would be and yet Ben did not go after him. I do not get that.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NegativeTrollsAbound. Show NegativeTrollsAbound's posts

McCarthy has been injured a lot, not just last year, and can only be relied on for 120-130 innings. Aren't we tired of the oft injured guys?  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

No loss. A mistake to even offer him a contract.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to ADG's comment:

carnie - you add nothing here other than little "no fact snippets".

Thanks. My mission for this year is to p!ss off as many crybabies as I can.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to NegativeTrollsAbound's comment:
    [QUOTE]

McCarthy has been injured a lot, not just last year, and can only be relied on for 120-130 innings. Aren't we tired of the oft injured guys?  

[/QUOTE]

right. we need 1 pitcher who will give us 200 innings and not miss any starts.  mccarthy is not that guy.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to JohnnyLefty's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Dempster turned down a two-year, $25MM deal from the Red Sox, reports Gordon Edes of ESPN Boston (Twitter link).  This was slightly less than the Royals' recent two-year, $26MM offer that was also rejected, as Dempster is looking for a three-year contract.

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#V4lopXxVFtVIiiwH.99

Thank you god! I don't want Dempster under any circumstances.

[/QUOTE]

I'm happy he turned us down and will be even happier if we don't offer more.  When will our FO ever learn to bring in some younger talent like McCarthy or Sanchez.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to mef429's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to NegativeTrollsAbound's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

right. we need 1 pitcher who will give us 200 innings and not miss any starts.  mccarthy is not that guy.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly...With Lackey coming back from TJ surgery and Doubront coming off a season with a significant innings increase, this team needs a guy who can be counted on to give them innings.  McCarthy is definitely not that guy.  He has shoulder issues and he hasn't pitched since he took a line drive off the head, which also has to be a concern.  He obviously has solid upside, but he would make more sense if they had four starters with less concerns. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to Softlaw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

McCarthy has been injured a lot, not just last year, and can only be relied on for 120-130 innings. Aren't we tired of the oft injured guys

He's an iron man compared to the great Ellspuff, who gives about one season of work out of every 3 seasons paid for a full 3 seasons of work.

[/QUOTE]

to translate: WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to Softlaw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

to translate: Keep spending more to get better results, like the feds are doing

[/QUOTE]

you are on a roll today. drown us in your tears softy!