Dempster turns down offer from Sox.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: Dempster turns down offer from Sox.

In response to raider3524's comment:
    [QUOTE]

i wonder what edwin jackson would cost? 3/35?

[/QUOTE]

Dont want to even talk with him...Im just not impressed with any FA pitcher. maybe Sanchez slightly. More interested in making a trade or a 1 year deal. Which is why Im all for getting Floyd if we can.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Dont want to even talk with him...Im just not impressed with any FA pitcher. maybe Sanchez slightly. More interested in making a trade or a 1 year deal. Which is why Im all for getting Floyd if we can.

[/QUOTE]
    i'd take floyd over jackson also.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hed be cheaper, less years (only 1) and we wouldnt be blocking a potential call up (RDLR, Webster, Workman)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hed be cheaper, less years (only 1) and we wouldnt be blocking a potential call up (RDLR, Webster, Workman)

[/QUOTE]

shaun marcum?

francisco liriano?

dodgers might have some starters for sale also?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

shaun marcum?

francisco liriano?

dodgers might have some starters for sale also?

[/QUOTE]

a 1 year deal would be ideal. 2 at the most. I think Marcum might get 3. Liriano? Not sure i like another LHP in Fenway thats not Cliff Lee.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Some SPs still available:

Bedard

Braden

Dempster

F Garcia

R Harden

E Jackson

Jurrjens

Lannan

Liriano

Lohse

Marcum

Millwood

B Myers

Oswalt

Pavano

Pelfrey

A Sanchez

Jo. Sanchez

D Lowe

Joe Saunders

Villanueva

C-M Wang

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

out of that list...

lohse

jackson

dempster

marcum

liriano

saunders

see what myers would want to be starting pitcher?

it's not that good of a list...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

see what dodgers might want for..

capuano

harang.

i'd still go with floyd.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I have always like Floyd, but I wish we could extend him if we give up prospects to get him. I'm not for trading our future away for a 1 year shot in 2013.... a long shot as it stands now.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I have always like Floyd, but I wish we could extend him if we give up prospects to get him. I'm not for trading our future away for a 1 year shot in 2013.... a long shot as it stands now.

[/QUOTE]

Floyd is basically a .500 pitcher , with a 4 plus ERA.  Why would we give up anything for that ?  Are we trying to corner the market on mediocrities ? Surely there are better and younger options. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

Floyd is basically a .500 pitcher , with a 4 plus ERA.  Why would we give up anything for that ?  Are we trying to corner the market on mediocrities ? Surely there are better and younger options.

Whom would you suggest, and at what price?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

I hope the fact he turned down the Sox was because of the years, and not the fact that he would risk being bashed in the Boston press for every little mistake he makes. I have a feeling that is going to be a factor in players' decisions on whether or not they want to play for the Sox from now on. And don't think it won't be a consideration.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Perhaps the perception that the Sox are no longer committed to winning will keep some players away from the Sox more so than the Boston press.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to traven's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Perhaps the perception that the Sox are no longer committed to winning will keep some players away from the Sox more so than the Boston press.

[/QUOTE]

OK "Boss". LOL What happened to Firstboss or whatever his name was?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In response to carnie's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to AL34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Flapjack07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If we sign Dempster or Lohse at anything close to the numbers that are being rumored, I think I'll have to stand with the Albiikikles and ADGs and Georoms on this one. Either one of them could probably be an improvement on Dice-K and Aaron Cook, but that's about the best I can say.

Why pass on Haren and McCarthy and then offer more money to older, inferior pitchers?

[/QUOTE]

you just made the 

"complainer of the year" Mr.!

[/QUOTE]

I am getting the idea that Cherrington is an idiot. The only signing he made that I am okay with is Napoli, and I am not in love with paying a 227 hitter 39 million over 3 years when Texas had no interest in picking up his option. Do they know something, maybe posiibly PEDs or something. Victorino was a dumb signing at the money for 39 million for a guy who struggled in the National League to hit 255 and hit 11 homeruns. Who in the hell was going to give Gomes two years over 10 million dollars, no one, he is an option you pick up in January at 1 million for one year if that or an incentive based contract as a backup at best. I would have been happier if they saved all this money and threw a contract at Hamilton, not these guys. how in the world do you throw money at a 35 year old pitcher from the National League who struggled in the American League when he was traded there and 24 million to boot?

Well unless they pick up a Hamilton or a good pitcher I am not wasting my time with paying for a baseball package this summer. I will find out how they made out in the game by periodically checking ESPN

[/QUOTE]

Now if you would just stop wasting your time posting here...

[/QUOTE]

You are inconsequential. All you do is bash people who disagree with your point of view, as if you are the only one whose opinion has value.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In response to AL34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Flapjack07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If we sign Dempster or Lohse at anything close to the numbers that are being rumored, I think I'll have to stand with the Albiikikles and ADGs and Georoms on this one. Either one of them could probably be an improvement on Dice-K and Aaron Cook, but that's about the best I can say.

Why pass on Haren and McCarthy and then offer more money to older, inferior pitchers?

[/QUOTE]

you just made the 

"complainer of the year" Mr.!

[/QUOTE]

I am getting the idea that Cherrington is an idiot. The only signing he made that I am okay with is Napoli, and I am not in love with paying a 227 hitter 39 million over 3 years when Texas had no interest in picking up his option. Do they know something, maybe posiibly PEDs or something. Victorino was a dumb signing at the money for 39 million for a guy who struggled in the National League to hit 255 and hit 11 homeruns. Who in the hell was going to give Gomes two years over 10 million dollars, no one, he is an option you pick up in January at 1 million for one year if that or an incentive based contract as a backup at best. I would have been happier if they saved all this money and threw a contract at Hamilton, not these guys. how in the world do you throw money at a 35 year old pitcher from the National League who struggled in the American League when he was traded there and 24 million to boot?

Well unless they pick up a Hamilton or a good pitcher I am not wasting my time with paying for a baseball package this summer. I will find out how they made out in the game by periodically checking ESPN

[/QUOTE]

Another poster who is beginning to see the light. Welcome aboard!