Derek Jeter - Dustin Pedroia comparison

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Derek Jeter - Dustin Pedroia comparison

from WEEI.com:

So the argument came up on Planet Mikey Thursday night: Who is better, Dustin Pedroia or Derek Jeter?

Of course, the debate is silly to compare two players nine years apart in age (right, Mikey?), but it is somewhat interesting to look at how Jeter stacked up to Pedroia after 715 regular season games, which is how many the Red Sox’ second baseman has played thus far for his career.

Well, here it is …

JETER
    AB: 2,862
    Runs: 553
    Hits: 912
    Doubles: 140
    Triples: 34
    Home runs: 72
    RBI: 383
    Walks: 299
    Strikeouts: 525
    Stolen Bases: 102
    Caught Stealing: 35
    Batting Average: .319
    On-Base Percentage: .388
    OPS: .855
    Team Record When Playing: 433-282

PEDROIA
    AB: 2,825
    Runs: 479
    Hits: 862
    Doubles: 206
    Triples: 8
    Home Runs: 75
    RBI: 344
    Walks: 301
    Strikeouts: 269
    Stolen Bases: 82
    Caught Stealing: 20
    Batting Average: .305
    On-Base Percentage: .373
    OPS: .837
    Team Record When Playing: 408-307

Who do you think got off to a better start after their first 715 games?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

Re: Derek Jeter - Dustin Pedroia comparison

One was ranked the third best defensive player (UZR) 2011 amongst all position players in MLB, the other is named Derek.

The comparison is a good example of how strikeouts, unless extreme, are nothing to worry about.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Re: Derek Jeter - Dustin Pedroia comparison:
    One was ranked the third best defensive player (UZR) amongst all postion players in MLB the other is named Derek.
    Posted by tom-uk

Let's see what Pedey does when approaching 40. If he last that long.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

No comment

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

I'll take 'em both.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from highflysox. Show highflysox's posts

Moron post.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

the only thing this shows me is that Pedroia and Jeter are headed to Cooperstown!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

I think that I'll go walk the dog.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JustPlayTheGame. Show JustPlayTheGame's posts

Hey Einstein,

If you're gonna compare Red Sox and Yankee players, why not compare Pedy to the 2nd baseman the Yankees have, who happens to be the same age, and tell me what you find.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Next thread, please.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

I'm gonna pat myself on the back and say I likened Pedroia to Jeter after the 2007 season, a season when Pedroia as a rookie was a key contributer to a championship team, just as Jeter was.

Over the last 4 years, Dustin has continued to be very Jeteresque in piling up the hits, mostly from the 2 hole and being a true leader by example on the field.  The glaring difference is of course the Yanks kept winning titles.

The numbers are strikingly similar and it doesn't seem far fetched to think that in 10 years Dustin could be chasing down 3,000.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In Response to Derek Jeter - Dustin Pedroia comparison:
    from WEEI.com: So the argument came up on Planet Mikey Thursday night: Who is better, Dustin Pedroia or Derek Jeter? Of course, the debate is silly to compare two players nine years apart in age (right, Mikey?), but it is somewhat interesting to look at how Jeter stacked up to Pedroia after 715 regular season games, which is how many the Red Sox’ second baseman has played thus far for his career. Well, here it is … JETER AB: 2,862 Runs: 553 Hits: 912 Doubles: 140 Triples: 34 Home runs: 72 RBI: 383 Walks: 299 Strikeouts: 525 Stolen Bases: 102 Caught Stealing: 35 Batting Average: .319 On-Base Percentage: .388 OPS: .855 Team Record When Playing: 433-282 PEDROIA AB: 2,825 Runs: 479 Hits: 862 Doubles: 206 Triples: 8 Home Runs: 75 RBI: 344 Walks: 301 Strikeouts: 269 Stolen Bases: 82 Caught Stealing: 20 Batting Average: .305 On-Base Percentage: .373 OPS: .837 Team Record When Playing: 408-307 Who do you think got off to a better start after their first 715 games?
    Posted by mrmojo1120

Who is better?? GROW UP !!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Hey Einstein, If you're gonna compare Red Sox and Yankee players, why not compare Pedy to the 2nd baseman the Yankees have, who happens to be the same age, and tell me what you find.
    Posted by JustPlayTheGame

Whoa nelly. Cano hits a few more HR, but that's about it. PD has enough advantages to make it a wash at best. Your yellow NYY troll teeth are showing.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JustPlayTheGame. Show JustPlayTheGame's posts

Examiner, are you looking at the same career stats as the rest of the world? Cano and Pedroia are both 28 years old. Cano has 401 more hits, 69 more HR's and 277 more RBI's. That is hardly a wash.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

Examiner, are you looking at the same career stats as the rest of the world? Cano and Pedroia are both 28 years old. Cano has 401 more hits, 69 more HR's and 277 more RBI's. That is hardly a wash.
    Posted by JustPlayTheGame

Pedroia has 1200 fewer ABs.  OPS is almost identical - offensively it's a wash, but Pedroia is significantly better defensively.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Sections
Shortcuts