Derek Jeter will not attend the All-Star Game because of “emotional and physical exhaustion”-Do you agree with his decision?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Re: Derek Jeter will not attend the All-Star Game because of “emotional and physical exhaustion”-Do you agree wit...

First, you complain that he should have not been voted in. Then when he didn't show, you complain about that. If he DID go, it's a good guess that you would complain he should have let someone else go. That's you being you.

----------------

This got deleted twice. Interesting.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Re: Derek Jeter will not attend the All-Star Game because of “emotional and physical exhaustion”-Do you agree wit...

Jeter is a very popular and respected player, so many people will give him a pass on this.  The fact is, he is dead wrong and is being disrespectful to the game and to the fans.  He should be criticized.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Derek Jeter will not attend the All-Star Game because of “emotional and physical exhaustion”-Do you agree with his decision?:
    In Response to Re: Derek Jeter will not attend the All-Star Game because of “emotional and physical exhaustion”-Do you agree with his decision? : I usually don't agree with Andrew, but I agree with him in this case. 1.  Jeter should have not been voted into the ASG, although I understand and accept why the fans would vote him in. 2.  Since he was voted in, he should have at least made an appearance and let the fans celebrate his accomplishments. 3.  If a player receives a bonus for making the AS team then does not go, he should donate the money to charity.  I know that's not going to happen, but that's what I think should.
    Posted by RedSoxKimmi

Andrewmitch DOES NOT accept #1. That's the current system, like it or not. Here's a guess he didn't complain when Yaz didn't deserve to start. (Unless he's younger than that)

I don't know about #2, it's a gray area; Jeter should have made SOME effort to go, but only he knows how he feels, and I'm sure he could care less what others think if he is spent. 

As far as #3 is concerned, I agree, but that should apply to ALL players, and it's just another abusive clause I'm guessing insisted on by the PA. However, what you DON"T GET, is that he's being singled out by this crank as a desperate excuse to vent; if it wasn't this, it would be something else, as indicated by my earlier post; any excuse to attack him, and taking that tack usually doesn't bear much fruit against Jeter. It's like Yosemite Sam vs Bugs Bunny. That could be pretty frustrating.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Jeter should have gone ... but he didn't.  So big deal.  He just hit 3000 and he can do what he wants.   If he wants to drive that big ugly orange Ford onto the field and flip everybody off while doing donuts he pretty much can.   He is Jeter, damnit! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Derek Jeter will not attend the All-Star Game because of “emotional and physical exhaustion”-Do you agree with his decision?:
    Jeter should have gone ... but he didn't.  So big deal.  He just hit 3000 and he can do what he wants.   If he wants to drive that big ugly orange Ford onto the field and flip everybody off while doing donuts he pretty much can.   He is Jeter, damnit! 
    Posted by soxmeister

Agree

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

The problem I have with that is that sitting at home, I am physically and emotionally exhausted having to sit through the calls of Chris Berman and Joe Buck on consecutive nights. It's hard to imagine Jeter suffering through more in person than ESPN puts the TV viewers through at home.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

If Jeter says he's "drained," he's drained.  No one but he can understand the kind of pressure he's been under lately: criticism for a mediocre year; an injury; need to get 3,000 out of the way.  He's been under cumulative stress.  Let him have a few days to clear his head and rest his body, and not be on and off airplanes and in and out of hotel rooms. 
    And maybe, just maybe, he didn't want any more celebration of 3,000, which surely there would have been had he attended the game.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Here's guessing he's sick of it. I remember hearing that Mantle had enough of being hounded with autographs (players were less insulated then). If he wasn't in the mood, he would sign it  FU MM (all spelled out) 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

I think he could have hired a private Jet; went for the intro's and left after that. This was a mistake on his part, IMO.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

I wish Josh Beckett had found his inner Jeter!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

I think he could have hired a private Jet; went for the intro's and left after that. This was a mistake on his part, IMO.
    Posted by jesseyeric
    By whatever aircraft, it's still a long flight to Phoenix.  You're naive if you think Jeter could have zipped into and out of town.  
    The man wanted a respite, needed a respite, and the best way to get it was to stay home.  

Sections
Shortcuts