Derek Lowe arrested for DUI

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Derek Lowe arrested for DUI

From ESPN.com:

Derek Lowe, the Atlanta Braves' veteran Opening Day starter, has been charged with driving under the influence and reckless driving after a Thursday night arrest in Atlanta, local reports say.

Derek Lowe

Lowe

Lowe, 37, refused a state-administered test after a field sobriety test, the reports say, citing Georgia State Patrol. He was pulled over around 10 p.m. ET on Peachtree Road at Rumson Road.

Lowe, later released on bond, was also charged with improper lane change. The right-hander's Porsche was impounded.

The Braves had no comment on the incident, Fox 5 Atlanta reported.

Lowe signed a $60 million, four-year contract with the Braves in 2009. The 15-year veteran is 2-3 with a 3.21 ERA in six starts this season.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Re: Derek Lowe arrested for DUI

In Response to Derek Lowe arrested for DUI:
    From ESPN.com: Derek Lowe , the Atlanta Braves ' veteran Opening Day starter, has been charged with driving under the influence and reckless driving after a Thursday night arrest in Atlanta, local reports say. Lowe Lowe, 37, refused a state-administered test after a field sobriety test, the reports say, citing Georgia State Patrol. He was pulled over around 10 p.m. ET on Peachtree Road at Rumson Road. Lowe, later released on bond, was also charged with improper lane change. The right-hander's Porsche was impounded. The Braves had no comment on the incident, Fox 5 Atlanta reported. Lowe signed a $60 million, four-year contract with the Braves in 2009. The 15-year veteran is 2-3 with a 3.21 ERA in six starts this season.
    Posted by mrmojo1120

It always amazes me that stars with so much money won't use a car service.  Hell, the kids from Jersey Shore use one every time they go out and they are meatheads!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

In Response to Re: Derek Lowe arrested for DUI:
    In Response to Derek Lowe arrested for DUI : It always amazes me that stars with so much money won't use a car service.  Hell, the kids from Jersey Shore use one every time they go out and they are meatheads!
    Posted by jimdavis

So much money. So little brains.

Lowe definitely has a bottle problem.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

It's a shame these athletes can't learn from the others who have gotten DUIs.I guess money can't buy intelligence,but it could have certainly bought him a ride home.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Sadly, money doesn't have brains.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

To a certain extend, I can understand a regular person's dilemma of driving home buzzed vs. a $60 cab ride because that might be the last 60 bucks to their name. I wouldn't make that decision but I get how someone could. But someone making 60 million AND a huge per diem?  Come on!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Oh,just to make it more fun,he was racing as well as driving under the influence.This is from ESPN.com:

Gordy Wright, a spokesman for the Georgia State Patrol, said a trooper stopped Lowe's vehicle at about 10 p.m. ET Thursday after it was spotted racing another car down an Atlanta street. The trooper detected an odor of an alcoholic beverage and administered a field sobriety test, which resulted in Lowe's arrest.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

I guess this makes Derek a Lowe rider:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ro4yhp9L6Ok

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In Response to Derek Lowe arrested for DUI : It always amazes me that stars with so much money won't use a car service.  Hell, the kids from Jersey Shore use one every time they go out and they are meatheads!
    Posted by jimdavis

lol jim!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I guess this makes Derek a Lowe rider:

I think Derek Loaded makes better sense.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

I guess this makes Derek a Lowe rider: I think Derek Loaded makes better sense.
    Posted by moonslav59

Nice.Well done sir.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

In Response to Re: Derek Lowe arrested for DUI : lol jim!
    Posted by georom4

I love Derek but it seems he is reliving his youth!

Sections
Shortcuts