Derek Lowe

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Re: Derek Lowe

In Response to Re: Derek Lowe:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Derek Lowe : LMAO discrediting someone while pitching against the rangers how weak is that lowe looked very sharp last night lowe said he made some adjustments ( hiding the ball better) but I'm thinking last night was 90% adrenaline
    Posted by pinstripezac[/QUOTE]

He made some adjustments after all these lousy years in the past four to five years?   Get loss on that one.  He will soon struggle again.  Reason he was doing well for Cleveland in the begining of the season is that he had a good run support.  Since his run support have gone done, he fell apart.   Wait until the Yankees play a close game, and put Lowe in the game, and he will eventually lose the game for the Yankees.  Then these Yankees fans would be all over him!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

I'd rather have Lowe starting tonight than Beckett.  I dont know how much of that is emotion, though.  Considering I loved Lowe growing up, probably a good amount.

I guess its time to finally take the derek lowe posters down :/

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In Response to Derek Lowe:
    [QUOTE]DLowe picked up a save tonight in his N.Y. debut vs. the Rangers. Four innings, no runs, two hits , four strikeouts, no walks.  Is there anyone in our bullpen who could do that ? 
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

Derek Lowe stunk for the Indians. If you watched him the last couple of months, he was awful. Monday morning quarterback.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]Our pen has been mostly a strength, but Atchison and Padilla are gone and Melancon has a 7.39 ERA.
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE]

Hopefully, Melancon will be sent down tonight when Bailey returns.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]4 innings, first outing, too soon to say. Rangers didn't have much offense against Phelps, either. Only time will tell how this plays out. 
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I heard the same comments about Roy Oswalt and he's awful.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Derek Lowe : Exactly. I heard the same comments about Roy Oswalt and he's awful.
    Posted by ADG[/QUOTE]

Same with Dempster.  He is now being worthless player for Texas.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Derek Lowe : He made some adjustments after all these lousy years in the past four to five years?   Get loss on that one.  He will soon struggle again.  Reason he was doing well for Cleveland in the begining of the season is that he had a good run support.  Since his run support have gone done, he fell apart.   Wait until the Yankees play a close game, and put Lowe in the game, and he will eventually lose the game for the Yankees.  Then these Yankees fans would be all over him!!!
    Posted by GoUconn13[/QUOTE]

I don't think there are any Yankee fans who are betting the Yankees season on Derek Lowe.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Derek Lowe : Same with Dempster.  He is now being worthless player for Texas.  
    Posted by GoUconn13[/QUOTE]

He has pitched 3 times.  Twice awful against the Angels and Yanks, once excellent vs the Sox.

You are already writing him off?  Is that a joke?  If not, can you explain how you already know he is worthless?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Derek Lowe : LMAO discrediting someone while pitching against the rangers how weak is that lowe looked very sharp last night lowe said he made some adjustments ( hiding the ball better) but I'm thinking last night was 90% adrenaline

I wasn't discrediting pitching, zac.  Some nights, the best offenses don't have it, others, best pitching doesn't. Not who you play, but when. With one of the best offenses, the Rangers didn't get anything going against rookie Phelps, either. Adrenaline was my thought also, hence "first outing...too soon to say". 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

I know it's simply not done on this board, but I'm going to withhold judgement on Lowe.

It's one game...

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Lowe is not saving anyone's season including the Yankees, but he should serve as a useful tool for NY for the short term.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

i think i'll wait for appearances # 2 and 3 before i hand him the keys to the kingdom, or run him out of town..Sealed

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Derek Lowe : Some nights, the best offenses don't have it, others, best pitching doesnt true and many nights a team gets 2 the BP after not getting the starter to question/ discredit  a guy who throws a great gm vs seatle is weak enough to discredit  a guy who pitched well vs the rangers is much weaker

Exactly my point, Zac. For a potent offense like the Rangers not get to either, tells me it was just as likely their offense was off, than pitching on. Phelps hasn't had enough starts to say, Lowe's first. A great game against Seattle is one thing, Rangers another. I'm thinking adrenaline had something to do with Phelps, also, filling in for Sabathia and pitching at home. 

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]Our pen has been mostly a strength, but Atchison and Padilla are gone and Melancon has a 7.39 ERA.
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE]

Agreed.  It was our strength.  You can't really say that anymore.  We used to have Albers........Morales is a starter now......Aceves has been far from perfect.....Miller too lately........It's not as strong.  Maybe still our strength but only because we are in a sad state of affairs.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Derek Lowe :  For the record David Phelps is very highly regarded. Good pitching stops good hitting. Did you see the movement on Lowe's pitches? Keep telling yourself the whole Rangers team went into a slump the same night. 
    Posted by prknsdnld[/QUOTE]

Yes, he is. The little I've seen him, he's looked sharp. Could be the pitching, could be the offense just had an off night. Impossible to say in one game. As I said in my original post, first start, 4 innings, too soon to say on Lowe. Could also be the first time the Rangers faced Phelps. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Derek Lowe : He has pitched 3 times.  Twice awful against the Angels and Yanks, once excellent vs the Sox. You are already writing him off?  Is that a joke?  If not, can you explain how you already know he is worthless?
    Posted by SonicsMonksLyresVicars[/QUOTE]

Yes I am writing him off cuz he was 6-6 with the Cubs this year and went 10-14 last year with an ERA of 4.80 (same as Beckett and Lester this year pitching for AL team, Boston).

If Boston ever wanted him via trade, I would be more upset about it!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Same old story. There is not one pitcher in the Sox pen who could have shut out the Rangers on two hits for four innings.  But we try to spin it every which way , rather than admit that Ben was out-maneuvered again.  The blind loyalty on here is commendable , however.  It never ends.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]Same old story. There is not one pitcher in the Sox pen who could have shut out the Rangers on two hits for four innings.  But we try to spin it every which way , rather than admit that Ben was out-maneuvered again.  The blind loyalty on here is commendable , however.  It never ends.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

out maneuvered ...after one start, gale?? Too soon to say, either way. Also, Padilla and Atchinson pitched as well this season, consistently, until the innings caught up with them. as far as the four innings, Lowe is a starter, pitching out of the pen, with a rested arm. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Sometimes pitchers have amazing turnarounds when they switch uniforms.  The Yankees struck gold with Kerry Wood in 2010 - 6.30 ERA for Cleveland, 0.69 ERA for NYY.  Maybe a new pitching coach figures something out. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Derek Lowe : out maneuvered ...after one start, gale?? Too soon to say, either way. 
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]
    If DLowe helps the Yankees to a World Championship ( along with Ichiro ) , will you then admit that it was a mistake for us to refuse to bring him back ? Or will you say , " It's only one year."  Wait until next year.