Derek Lowe

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

Re: Derek Lowe

In Response to Re: Derek Lowe:
    In Response to Re: Derek Lowe : Kimmi, my problem right now is that the Yankees are 11.5 WAU (Wins Above Us):-)
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut

I hear ya Bob.  :-)

Like I said, Cashman has done a good job.  I'm not sure what else Ben could have done this season short of mortgaging the farm to pick up a top pitcher at the deadline.  Derek Lowe was not going to save our season, IMO.  Perhaps he could have had better foresight during the offseason? 

I don't know about you, but I felt pretty good about this season going in.  I would never have imagined this many injuries again, plus the underperformances of both Beckett and Lester.  And I know it only counts on paper, but despite all of that, we should still have a better record than what we have.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In Response to Re: Derek Lowe :  Hi Kimmi, well not very often, but sometimes it's better to be lucky than good :)
    Posted by jete02fan

LOL

I thought that was the Yankees motto.

Tongue out

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Derek Lowe : That's true, but the nice thing about Lowe is the flexibility.  If he has a couple of bad outings maybe they move him to mopup.  If he stays bad they cut him loose.  It's almost a no-lose proposition for them.
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut

Definitely agree with you.  It is a low risk, high reward signing for the Yankees.  Although, I believe that he will be a great help to the Yankees. 

Sections
Shortcuts